• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • believeinme246
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jan 2015

Pretty Baby - Brooke Shields

I saw the two episodes of season one of this show.

It's so disturbing to revisit what Brooke went through. She was this childlike innocent who thought different poses or scenes were fun and that she was just playing, whereas she was a sex toy used to sell merchendise.

I think that what bothers me more is that the very people who should be there to protect her, her mother, AND her father, didn't. Her mother was the problem and her father seems to have just let her mother do what she wanted. Brooke may not have understood how she was being used, but her mother surely did.

The tone of the series, basically put the blame for what happened to Brooke on the male producers and directors. Granted they were absolute pigs and what they were doing to young women or girls wouldn't fly today.

However, her mother is the one who had her audition, who read and approved the scripts or the premise of the advertisements. She was the legally responsible adult, the one who was supposed to protect the child. She failed miserably.

The series recognized how her alcoholism made Brooke's life hard and did hold her responsible for that, but not for what she did to her child.

The only truths, to me, were what came out of Brooke's daughters' mouths towards the end of episode 2. They were the only ones who seemed steeped in reality to me.
  • Nightrocker
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jul 2004

I Loved The Movie I Thought It Was Good
    Last edited by Nightrocker; January 13, 2024, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• namers
      Executive Poster
      • Jun 2008

I think it's only 2 episodes. Terri was the original "momager" and lived the life she wanted for herself through her vulnerable daughter.

It was exceptionally good. I was a fan and had seen Blue Lagoon when it came out. Brooke survived and is to be commended for her bravery. I'm glad she has a solid marriage and lovely daughters.

Comment

• Nightrocker
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Jul 2004

I Love Brooke in Endless Love ❤️

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
        Working...
        X