Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What 80's Primetime Soaps Did You Watch?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angela Holliday
    replied
    I was obsessed with the prime time soaps of the 1970's and 1980's. Still am. Currently binge-watching them all on DVD's and/or flashdrives. These were my favorites along with the grades I give them today.

01 DALLAS A+
    02 DYNASTY A
    03 FALCON CREST A-
    04 KNOTS LANDING B+

I also LOVED, LOVED, LOVED Twin Peaks from 1990 to 1991. Just could not get into Beverly Hills 90210, Picket Fences or Melrose Place tho. I sort of wish I had given Titans a try in 2000 tho since I love Victoria Principal. Then again, I am a little glad I didn't since it got cancelled shortly after premiering.

Leave a comment:

• knotsfan
    replied
    There were lots of other prime time soaps that were on between 1976-1986, such as For Love and Honor, From Here to Eternity, and Call to Glory, all three military soaps; Paper Dolls about the modeling industry; A Year in the Life, based on a popular miniseries; The Hamptons, a short run soap; Executive Suite, a business world soap that was a precursor to Dallas; Beacon Hill, an American remake of the very popular PBS series Upstairs, Downstairs (think Downton Abbey); Behind the Screen, a soap that aired on CBS against Saturday Night Live; and the Family Tree, a soap about a newly blended family.

I don’t know about other people, but I consider shows like Hill Street Blues, St. Elsewhere, Bay City Blues, and LA Law to be prime time soaps as well.

Leave a comment:

• fire_lookout
    replied
    I don't recall my parents watching many of those shows listed. Maybe Falcons Crest. But we did watch Moonlighting.

Leave a comment:

• namers
    commented on 's reply
    Falcon Crest was definitely my favorite. That's when we first met Mariska Hargitay.

• SharikaC
    replied
    Only watched three of the BIG 4: Dallas, Knots Landing, Falcon Crest.

The only one on the list I watched was Soap. Not familiar with the others listed.

Leave a comment:

• jpa777
    replied
    Dallas, Knots Landing, Dynasty
    Last edited by jpa777; July 2, 2021, 08:32 PM. Reason: Added Dynasty..

Leave a comment:

• GConnDi
    replied
    I watched Dallas,Dynasty,Colbys in the 80s.
    I watched Beverely Hills 90210 90s
    Melrose Place 92 to 99.
    I did watch CW Dynasty reboot with Grant Show as the New Blake Carrington.
    Krystal was dark hair,Alexis was Blonde.Sammnie Joe was a Hispanic Male in the new version.
    The new version had more ethnic non white causian actors in thier cast.
    |

Last edited by GConnDi; October 15, 2018, 11:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SheilaFan32
    replied
    I watched Beverly Hills 90210. great show.

Leave a comment:

• ev7
    replied
    [QUOTE=knotsfan;n1463242]Flamingo Road was so good and so underrated! Season 2 had 8 men and 4 women in the cast, which was very unusual for a soap. Cristina Raines as Lane Ballou was so edgy and definitely not a typical heroine. Stella Stevens as Lute-Mae, Howard Duff as Titus, John Beck as Sam, and of course Morgan Fairchild as Constance were all fantastic and brought so much to the series.

I loved Flamingo Road it had me watching every week too. The cast was great. Soap was just hilarious I did like the Dallas Reboot. Other than those I watched the Big Four

Leave a comment:

• OhioStateFan
    replied
    Melrose Place, BH 90210, Dallas the new one.

Leave a comment:

• GConnDi
    replied
    Dynasty
    Colby
    Dallas
    90210 90-2000
    Melrose Place 92-99

Leave a comment:

• Jagger1966
    replied
    Originally posted by knotsfan View Post
    Flamingo Road was so good and so underrated! Season 2 had 8 men and 4 women in the cast, which was very unusual for a soap. Cristina Raines as Lane Ballou was so edgy and definitely not a typical heroine. Stella Stevens as Lute-Mae, Howard Duff as Titus, John Beck as Sam, and of course Morgan Fairchild as Constance were all fantastic and brought so much to the series.

I also watched Bare Essence, but it was just ok. Jessica Walter, Ian McShane, and Jennifer O'Neill were the only memorable actors in it.

The Yellow Rose was interesting but ultimately disappointing. TPTB couldn't make up their mind about whether it should have been a soap or stand alone episodes.

Berrengers was decent and also had some great actors- Ben Murphy, Anita Morris, Yvette Mimeux, and Sam Wanamaker.

I wanted to like Bare Essence, but it just was not a very good show.

The Yellow Rose was good when it was serialized. When it switched over to stand alone episodes it got ridiculous.

Loved the actors you mentioned on Berrengers. Andrea Marcovicci was also great as Gloria Berrenger.

Leave a comment:

• knotsfan
    replied
    Flamingo Road was so good and so underrated! Season 2 had 8 men and 4 women in the cast, which was very unusual for a soap. Cristina Raines as Lane Ballou was so edgy and definitely not a typical heroine. Stella Stevens as Lute-Mae, Howard Duff as Titus, John Beck as Sam, and of course Morgan Fairchild as Constance were all fantastic and brought so much to the series.

I also watched Bare Essence, but it was just ok. Jessica Walter, Ian McShane, and Jennifer O'Neill were the only memorable actors in it.

The Yellow Rose was interesting but ultimately disappointing. TPTB couldn't make up their mind about whether it should have been a soap or stand alone episodes.

Berrengers was decent and also had some great actors- Ben Murphy, Anita Morris, Yvette Mimeux, and Sam Wanamaker.

Leave a comment:

• DT69
    replied
    Dallas and falcoln crest. Never heard of any of the others besides the core 4

Leave a comment:

• GConnDi
    replied
    Dallas
    Dynasty
    The Colbys from the 80s

I rewatched Dynasty and the Colbys with in last 2 years.

Leave a comment:

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
Working...
X