Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What 80's Primetime Soaps Did You Watch?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dallas, Knots Landing, Dynasty
    Last edited by jpa777; July 2, 2021, 09:32 PM. Reason: Added Dynasty..

Comment

Only watched three of the BIG 4: Dallas, Knots Landing, Falcon Crest.

The only one on the list I watched was Soap. Not familiar with the others listed.

Comment

• namers
        namers commented
        Editing a comment
        Falcon Crest was definitely my favorite. That's when we first met Mariska Hargitay.

I don't recall my parents watching many of those shows listed. Maybe Falcons Crest. But we did watch Moonlighting.

Comment

There were lots of other prime time soaps that were on between 1976-1986, such as For Love and Honor, From Here to Eternity, and Call to Glory, all three military soaps; Paper Dolls about the modeling industry; A Year in the Life, based on a popular miniseries; The Hamptons, a short run soap; Executive Suite, a business world soap that was a precursor to Dallas; Beacon Hill, an American remake of the very popular PBS series Upstairs, Downstairs (think Downton Abbey); Behind the Screen, a soap that aired on CBS against Saturday Night Live; and the Family Tree, a soap about a newly blended family.

I don’t know about other people, but I consider shows like Hill Street Blues, St. Elsewhere, Bay City Blues, and LA Law to be prime time soaps as well.

Comment

I was obsessed with the prime time soaps of the 1970's and 1980's. Still am. Currently binge-watching them all on DVD's and/or flashdrives. These were my favorites along with the grades I give them today.

01 DALLAS A+
          02 DYNASTY A
          03 FALCON CREST A-
          04 KNOTS LANDING B+

I also LOVED, LOVED, LOVED Twin Peaks from 1990 to 1991. Just could not get into Beverly Hills 90210, Picket Fences or Melrose Place tho. I sort of wish I had given Titans a try in 2000 tho since I love Victoria Principal. Then again, I am a little glad I didn't since it got cancelled shortly after premiering.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
          Working...
          X