Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What 80's Primetime Soaps Did You Watch?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What 80's Primetime Soaps Did You Watch?

Other than the Big Four (Dallas, Dynasty, Knots Landing, Falcon Crest) what primetime soaps did you watch? I think I watched ALL of them!

Soap (1977-1981)
    Behind The Screen (1981-82)
    Secrets Of Midland Heights (1980-81)
    Flamingo Road (1981-82)
    King's Crossing (1982)
    Bare Essence (1983)
    Emerald Point N.A.S. (1983-84)
    The Yellow Rose (1983-84)
    Paper Dolls (1984)
    Rituals (1984-85)
    The Colbys (1985-87)
    Berrengers (1985)
    Nightingales (1989)

I loved The Colby's.

Comment

Flamingo Road
      Emerald Point N.A.S
      King's Crossing
      Bare Essence
      The Yellow Rose
      The Colbys
      Berringers
      Rituals
      Last edited by dr.ivankipling; June 3, 2015, 07:51 PM.

Comment

The only one I watched besides the "core four" was "The Colbys". I wasn't really crazy about it, though, and I didn't particularly care for "Dynasty" either, but I LOVED "Dallas", "Knots" and "FC".

Comment

Dallas, Knots Landing, Paper Dolls, Falcon Crest, The Colby's.

Comment

Dallas
            Dynasty
            Falcon Crest
            Knots Landing
            Falcon Crest

Comment

Dallas
              Dynasty
              The Colbys from the 80s

I rewatched Dynasty and the Colbys with in last 2 years.

Comment

Dallas and falcoln crest. Never heard of any of the others besides the core 4

Comment

Flamingo Road was so good and so underrated! Season 2 had 8 men and 4 women in the cast, which was very unusual for a soap. Cristina Raines as Lane Ballou was so edgy and definitely not a typical heroine. Stella Stevens as Lute-Mae, Howard Duff as Titus, John Beck as Sam, and of course Morgan Fairchild as Constance were all fantastic and brought so much to the series.

I also watched Bare Essence, but it was just ok. Jessica Walter, Ian McShane, and Jennifer O'Neill were the only memorable actors in it.

The Yellow Rose was interesting but ultimately disappointing. TPTB couldn't make up their mind about whether it should have been a soap or stand alone episodes.

Berrengers was decent and also had some great actors- Ben Murphy, Anita Morris, Yvette Mimeux, and Sam Wanamaker.

Comment

Originally posted by knotsfan View Post
                    Flamingo Road was so good and so underrated! Season 2 had 8 men and 4 women in the cast, which was very unusual for a soap. Cristina Raines as Lane Ballou was so edgy and definitely not a typical heroine. Stella Stevens as Lute-Mae, Howard Duff as Titus, John Beck as Sam, and of course Morgan Fairchild as Constance were all fantastic and brought so much to the series.

I also watched Bare Essence, but it was just ok. Jessica Walter, Ian McShane, and Jennifer O'Neill were the only memorable actors in it.

The Yellow Rose was interesting but ultimately disappointing. TPTB couldn't make up their mind about whether it should have been a soap or stand alone episodes.

Berrengers was decent and also had some great actors- Ben Murphy, Anita Morris, Yvette Mimeux, and Sam Wanamaker.

I wanted to like Bare Essence, but it just was not a very good show.

The Yellow Rose was good when it was serialized. When it switched over to stand alone episodes it got ridiculous.

Loved the actors you mentioned on Berrengers. Andrea Marcovicci was also great as Gloria Berrenger.

Comment

Dynasty
                      Colby
                      Dallas
                      90210 90-2000
                      Melrose Place 92-99

Comment

Melrose Place, BH 90210, Dallas the new one.

Comment

[QUOTE=knotsfan;n1463242]Flamingo Road was so good and so underrated! Season 2 had 8 men and 4 women in the cast, which was very unusual for a soap. Cristina Raines as Lane Ballou was so edgy and definitely not a typical heroine. Stella Stevens as Lute-Mae, Howard Duff as Titus, John Beck as Sam, and of course Morgan Fairchild as Constance were all fantastic and brought so much to the series.

I loved Flamingo Road it had me watching every week too. The cast was great. Soap was just hilarious I did like the Dallas Reboot. Other than those I watched the Big Four

Comment

I watched Beverly Hills 90210. great show.

Comment

I watched Dallas,Dynasty,Colbys in the 80s.
                              I watched Beverely Hills 90210 90s
                              Melrose Place 92 to 99.
                              I did watch CW Dynasty reboot with Grant Show as the New Blake Carrington.
                              Krystal was dark hair,Alexis was Blonde.Sammnie Joe was a Hispanic Male in the new version.
                              The new version had more ethnic non white causian actors in thier cast.
                              |

Last edited by GConnDi; October 15, 2018, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X