• Which Dallas Era is your favorite ?

Which Dallas Era is your favorite?
    the 70's
    0%
    the 80's
    100.00%
    the 90's
    0%

Definitely the 80s. I've been re-watching the entire series over time on Amazon Prime - I'm halfway through season 14 now (the final season), and it's such a different landscape....gone are Ms. Ellie, Pam, Sue Ellen, Ray, Jenna, Donna, Lucy....and their 'replacements' weren't all that great. I never cared for James (the 'long-lost' son), nor Michelle Stevens....Cally has left town...April's sister is no April.....and to have first Stephanie Rogers and then Liz Adams, and have neither developed all that well, was kind of pointless, to me....

Once the core cast started to depart, one by one, it was just too bad to see the show become less and less interesting to watch....

Comment

Having JR lose every battle weren't smart either,yea season 14 is hard to get through

Comment

I voted for the 1980s.

Comment

In re-watching the series, there are things that, having watched the entire show and the reincarnation show, that get picked up on and have a great deal of meaning.....there's a scene in season five where Pam was in a mental health facility and desperately wanting a baby....and meeting with her therapist says that if she had a child, she'd never leave them under any circumstances....which is what she did in Season 11 when Pam was in the car accident that burned her so badly....she left town....and that was the actress's decision, not the writers, to have Pam depart....but it's very interesting that she, having been abandoned by her mother (she initially believed Rebecca dead) and having an absentee father, being raised by an aunt....did eventually leave her son behind......

When the reincarnation show raised the issue of Pam, I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hopeful they'd lured Victoria Principal back as Pam....and that, despite the season 12 (I think it was season 12) episode that had Cliff find her and her revealing she had a short time to live as it was and wouldn't go back to Dallas, that she'd eventually found a treatment or cure....but there was never a guarantee that she'd go on living so she'd stayed away....

Comment

I don't know if this would interest anyone but I've been watching the Real Housewives of Dallas and the last 2 episodes they stayed at Southfork which is a museum but you can stay there. Each room was a different character on the show. There was a Who Shot JR? room which looked like something bad happened there and they had a chalk outline for JR on the floor. It was pretty funny.

Comment

I've been rewatching Dallas and am currently on Season 13 and finding it harder to keep going on. The James character brought nothing to the show and the absence of Linda Gray is sorely missed. Honestly the show never felt quite the same after Pam left. April was a decent substitute but still not the same. They also struggled to use Miss Ellie and Clayton in the later seasons, and I'm not even sure why Charlene Tilton returned since they gave Lucy very little to do. Part of me wishes they had not chickened out and actually had Wes Parmalee turn out to be Jock. It would have opened up so many story possibilities.

Comment

The time period of 1983-85 was amazing.

1986-87 (when Pam woke up) was better than the over-the-top dream season the year before.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X