Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin Dobson (Knot's Landing) has died

Per Deadline. He was 77. I loved him as Mack MacKenzie, and also as Crocker on Kojak!

Oh no. Love Kevin Dobson and Mack! RIP. Last saw him on an episode of the game show Catch 21, in which he played against Joan Van Ark and Charlene Tilton in a celebrity match-up. Charlene won.

Comment

I was sad to see his writeup in today’s news. Mack was a rock in Karen’s life in “Knotts Landing“. Watched the show throughout their seasons and Kevin/Mac was a big part why. Such a handsome guy and played such a down to earth husband on the show. Just one of the big primetime soaps I enjoyed back then (sure miss those days and the great cast). I think his portrayal of Mack was a guy other guys could identify with when watching with their wives in the evening. He and Gary Ewing (Ted Shackleford) balanced each other on screen. Kevin had that nice smile and like ability factor going for him.
      Last edited by TunerEyes; September 7, 2020, 07:43 PM.

Comment

So sad to hear this. I too loved him as Mack on Knots Landing, which was also one of my favourite shows back then. I also had the pleasure of seeing him on stage some time ago in 12 Angry Men

Comment

I was disappointed that the Emmy awards didn’t include Kevin Dobson in their Memoriam. He starred in 2 long running and very popular series (Kojak and Knots Landing) not to mention other series, tv movies, daytime, and films. And he died just 2 weeks ago, so his death was recent. There really is no excuse for this oversight. Shame on the Academy.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
          Working...
          X