Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicolette Sheridan Leaving Dynasty Reboot

Nicolette Sheridan is reportedly leaving her role as Alexis Colby in the CW's reboot of 80's prime-time soap Dynasty.

I have seen only clips of her performance as I do not watch the show regularly - but....I can't say anything that I have seen has impressed me. The original show was campy in many ways, and Alexis was quite often larger than life - but NS has not, in my opinion, brought to the character what made Joan Collins so successful in the role.

The show will likely re-cast, considering Alexis brought most of the original show's conflict with her wherever she went.....and therefore, I'd like to suggest a few actresses to replace her.

1. Heather Locklear - Notwithstanding her recent personal troubles, Heather Locklear, the original Sammy Jo, was a powerhouse on the show....she has the kind of cool, manipulative personality that could bring far more life to Alexis.

2. Dana Sparks - The second Vicki Gioberti on Falcon Crest - she has a Cheshire Cat smile that would portray Alexis's deceptive side beautifully...

3. Marcia Cross - She plays wicked to a T.....

4. Josie Bissett - Jane Mancini from Melrose Place - She has a softer look for Alexis, and is a bit young (48) for the part - but it would reunite Jane and Jake from Melrose Place since Grant Show plays Blake now.

5. Lara Flynn Boyle - From Twin Peaks - Icy demeanor, beautiful, also on the young side, but not so young that she couldn't be mother to Steven and Fallon...after all, Joan Collins was, in real life, only 12 years older than her eldest child on Dynasty....

If they were to cast Heather Locklear, they'd have me watching, no matter how 'trashy' the show got, until it hits its inevitable cancellation....

Who would YOU suggest to replace NS as Alexis?

I told everyone I thought Heather Locklear should be Alexis before the character was introduced but I have to say Sheridan has done a great job in the role and I'm sorry that she is going. But after what her character did in the last episode (don't want to spoil it here in case someone hasn't seen it) I wondered what was going to happen to Alexis.. I like your re-cast suggestions. I also saw some people suggest Lisa Rinna and Emma Samms.

Comment

• GuidingLite
      GuidingLite commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought of the two of them as well, but I think Emma Samms is too 'mild' to be honest...I've never seen her be as vicious as Alexis can be....and Lisa Rinna...I'd rather see her take on the role of Ashley Abbott on Y&R some day....;0)

Originally posted by Jagger1966 View Post
    I told everyone I thought Heather Locklear should be Alexis before the character was introduced but I have to say Sheridan has done a great job in the role and I'm sorry that she is going. But after what her character did in the last episode (don't want to spoil it here in case someone hasn't seen it) I wondered what was going to happen to Alexis.. I like your re-cast suggestions. I also saw some people suggest Lisa Rinna and Emma Samms.
    Please spoil, Jagger1966- I missed that episode!

As for the news about Sheridan leaving due to 'family issues,' well that sounds a little suspicious. Still, it is what it is. Heather Locklear, with her current legal problems, is not a possible replacement at this point. Me, I'm still hoping James Mackay can return as Steven- he is such a great actor!

Comment

• GuidingLite
      GuidingLite commented
      Editing a comment
      Apparently her mother is dying, and she wants to spend the time her mother has left with her.....

I wonder if they will just introduce another actress and say she is now playing Alexis, or if they'll write in some plastic surgery change of face explanation.....

[QUOTE=knotsfan;n2157154]

SPOILER ALERT

Alexis left a note for her family and went outside to shoot herself when she saw Cristal and Mark Jennings riding horses. She decided to shoot Cristal but instead hit Mark and he looked pretty dead. Then, much like in the original Dynasty Cristal fell off her horse and was dragged through the field by the horse which will probably cause a miscarriage. If Alexis did kill Mark....then I don't know how to get her out of that mess.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jagger1966;n2164766]
      Originally posted by knotsfan View Post

SPOILER ALERT

Alexis left a note for her family and went outside to shoot herself when she saw Cristal and Mark Jennings riding horses. She decided to shoot Cristal but instead hit Mark and he looked pretty dead. Then, much like in the original Dynasty Cristal fell off her horse and was dragged through the field by the horse which will probably cause a miscarriage. If Alexis did kill Mark....then I don't know how to get her out of that mess.

Thanks, Jagger1966! What did you think of the last two episodes?

One thing I really like about Alexis in the reboot is that she is not nearly as evil as she was in the original. I mean, Joan Collins played her as quite evil, such as when she deliberately caused Krystle to miscarry. From your description and the brief recap from the next episode, what she did wasn't premeditated like in the original. And even in the first season, she did try to rescue Cristal, even if she ultimately failed.

I really don't know how I feel about the latest episode. This Adam seems as nasty as the original, in fact even more so, judging from what he did to Alexis in the last scene. I mean, that was pretty horrifying! I can see how Alexis will be written out, and assuming she's still alive but horribly disfigured, it's hard for me to understand how she wouldn't tell the Carringtons what he did, if for no other to reason than to protect Fallon and Steven. But I really don't understand WHY Adam did what he did to Alexis. He had her over a barrel with that DNA test, and could have blackmailed her to be an ally. Just seems odd that he would give him that advantage.

Comment

No wonder she's leaving, they write Alexis as a joke. She's not the powerful character she was on the original show. The writing has been ridiculous. I only watched when Nicolette came on and now that she's leaving, I won't continue watching. I can't believe the show even got a third season renewal.

Comment

• GuidingLite
          GuidingLite commented
          Editing a comment
          I have to agree with you that NS's version of Alexis has been 'campy' compared to JC in the original....and it's been a huge disappointment to me, being a big fan of the original....I do hope they re-cast the role well.....I have yet to watch anything but clips beyond episode 1 - and that likely will not change, but...you never know...I just find the whole thing to have been a huge disappointment thus far, and also cannot believe they were renewed for season 3.....

[QUOTE=knotsfan;n2207720]
        Originally posted by Jagger1966 View Post

Thanks, Jagger1966! What did you think of the last two episodes?

One thing I really like about Alexis in the reboot is that she is not nearly as evil as she was in the original. I mean, Joan Collins played her as quite evil, such as when she deliberately caused Krystle to miscarry. From your description and the brief recap from the next episode, what she did wasn't premeditated like in the original. And even in the first season, she did try to rescue Cristal, even if she ultimately failed.

I really don't know how I feel about the latest episode. This Adam seems as nasty as the original, in fact even more so, judging from what he did to Alexis in the last scene. I mean, that was pretty horrifying! I can see how Alexis will be written out, and assuming she's still alive but horribly disfigured, it's hard for me to understand how she wouldn't tell the Carringtons what he did, if for no other to reason than to protect Fallon and Steven. But I really don't understand WHY Adam did what he did to Alexis. He had her over a barrel with that DNA test, and could have blackmailed her to be an ally. Just seems odd that he would give him that advantage.
        I do not like this Adam at all. He isn't just evil, he is psychotic. I was surprised at the way Alexis was written out. I thought for sure she'd be found out about what she did to Cristal and Mark and be run out of town.

Comment

I watched the scene yesterday with what he did to Alexis, and wow....yeah, that's an extreme....the original Adam did poison Jeff, and he raped Kirby, and neither of those acts are particularly good, but this Adam is downright off his rocker....the original show had Adam a troubled young man who had undergone psychiatric care in the past, but this guy....wow.....

Comment

Jamie Luner would be perfect as nuAlexis!

Comment

Alexis choices:
              1. Heather Locklear- She is who should have been cast in the role from the start
              2. Madeleine Stowe
              3. Jamie Lunar

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X