Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knots Landing Reboot Rumors

I have to confess I'm actually excited to think about a Knots reboot....

Dallas tried and then Larry Hagman passed and there were so many inconsistencies from the original to the reboot....Melrose Place was a complete mess....and while I don't like Dynasty's reboot, it has been renewed for a second season.

So now what about Knots Landing? Reboot or continuation? If a reboot/retelling...who would you want to cast in the main roles?

Gary
    Val
    Karen
    Sid
    Laura
    Richard
    Kenny
    Ginger
    Abby

If a continuation, who do you think should return and who should be included in the 'next generation'?

For a continuation they could probably get Brian Austin Green to return as Brian Cunningham. He returned for the reunion movie. I bet he'd do it. Bobby, Betsy and Meg would be early 30ish now so they could carry some major story and have the vets there too. I really don't want a reboot.

Comment

I think a continuation would be better, but Karen, Gary, Mack, and Greg would all be retired now, and that's not very exciting. But if the show focused on Meg, Bobby, Betsy, and Kate and Gary's daughter whose name I forget, that would be interesting. Brian, Kate, Paige, Olivia, and Michael would also be good to have back. Maybe Michael and his wife and kid(s) could live in Karen's house, Bobby or Betsy in Val's house, and Brian and Kate in Abby's house. Paige having a kid or two would be great.

Comment

Lucy is Gary’s other daughter. Bobby, Betsy and Meg for sure would have to be a part of it. The main ones could return even if they are not the leads .

Sid died early on so I wouldn’t expect to see him.

Comment

Originally posted by Emerald Greens View Post
          Lucy is Gary’s other daughter. Bobby, Betsy and Meg for sure would have to be a part of it. The main ones could return even if they are not the leads .

Sid died early on so I wouldn’t expect to see him.
          But what if Sid didn't really die, and went into witness protection to testify against those who sabotaged his brakes and sent him over the cliff? Don Murray is still alive.....

Comment

Originally posted by GuidingLite View Post

But what if Sid didn't really die, and went into witness protection to testify against those who sabotaged his brakes and sent him over the cliff? Don Murray is still alive.....

He sure is and even though he's well into his 80's he's still working. He had a good sized part on Twin Peaks last year and was great on it!

Comment

Originally posted by GuidingLite View Post

Oh man, as much as I loved Sid, I would never want to see him secretly still alive. His death was one of the most powerful moments ever seen on television, and I'd hate to see it cheapened by having it be a fake death scene. Those first two episodes of season 3 are incredibly realistic and the ending is devastating.

Comment

• GuidingLite
                GuidingLite commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh, I agree that Sid's death was such a powerful story on Knots originally. It is just something that would really have a significant impact on Karen, Mac, and Sid and Karen's children....if he were really alive...perhaps had had a second family (as a way to introduce newer characters 'connected' to older ones...

When Melrose Place rebooted, they made SO many errors in continuity.....

- Sidney Andrews faking her death with Michael's help - Michael despised her by then....not believable.
                - Amanda as an art smuggler/embezzler - no way she would have done that, so not in line with her character
                - Amanda returning 'from the dead' because she 'got bored'...she would have been in jail once the police got wind of her return...she and Peter were on the run, and it was the second time she'd faked her death...someone would likely have charged her with fraud.
                - Jane Mancini returning with no mention of her husband Kyle and the child she was carrying when V1 ended
                - Sidney having a 'long lost' daughter - utter crap...

If Knots DOES ever reboot/continue - I hope the writers pay much more careful attention to the history in writing an update....

Well they could do that it’t true but it’s been a long time. Would be quite a twist!

Comment

The one thing I'd see as a obstacle to a Knots continuation, is that Nicolette Sheridan is now on the New Dynasty, and she is now at the age that she would be one of the main adult characters and also she one of the only ones who have remained active on TV in the last decade.

As for a reboot, it could work, but they would have to figure out how to introduce Val and Gary, without so much of, if any Dallas backstory. Also, if it occurred Knots would have to look very different, there would be a Hispanic family, an Asian family, LGBTs, etc... Knots couldn't be as lily white and be set in the California of today.

Comment

• pipera
                  pipera commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Then it will not be Knots Landing it could be called another show then.

Originally posted by knotsfan View Post

Oh man, as much as I loved Sid, I would never want to see him secretly still alive. His death was one of the most powerful moments ever seen on television, and I'd hate to see it cheapened by having it be a fake death scene. Those first two episodes of season 3 are incredibly realistic and the ending is devastating.

I liked Sid too and was sad when he got killed off. He needs to stay dead. Karen moved on and married Mac. I believed they raised Meg, Greg Sumners' daughter with Laura. She needs to stay dead too. Maybe have her two sons with Richard on the show, if they decide to do Knots Landing the next generation.

Comment

• Emerald Greens
                  Emerald Greens commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes Mac and Karen raised Meg . I loved that ! I thought Laura was amazing in how she made plans for Meg . I remember her wanting Meg to know how to use the public library when Greg kind of brushed it off. She knew Meg would need parents like Karen and Mac.

I don't think that any actor today are on the same caliber as the actors in Knots Landing, they simply are not Bill Devane, etc... it would not be Knots as they have now actors is not Knots and simple a pale imitation of the show called Knots Landing.

Comment

Ted Shackelford is still alive/actively acting, Michelle Lee is still alive, Kevin Dobson....Donna Mills....they have enough original cast members still alive and working to keep the 'old guard'....Brian Austin Green could return as Brian Cunningham...and Linda Gray as Sue Ellen Ewing...

The new guard could be Betsy and Bobby Ewing (Gary and Val's twins), Meg Mackenzie, they could introduce a long-lost son of Greg Sumner (fathered off-screen)....and a 'mystery identity' character could be brought on...

Here's how I'd structure it...

Knots Landing - 2018 - Gary Ewing, still living in the SeaView Circle cul-de-sac after selling WestFork Ranch is surprised to see his old friend Sue Ellen Ewing on his doorstep. Empty-nester Gary is enjoying having his college-aged twins Bobby and Betsy living nearby, but on campus as they attend college. Val has finally left Gary 'once and for all' and moved in with her mother, Lilimae, to help take care of her in her elderly years. Sue Ellen has come to Gary to talk about reviving his former Tidal Energies project and absorbing it in Ewing Global with Gary running the division from California. Sue Ellen offers to stick around for a while to help Gary find offices and bring the project back to life and says that Gary's brother Bobby has everything running smoothly in Texas, following the death of his son Christopher, having thrown himself into his work. Gary finds the idea intriguing, and the sight of Sue Ellen even more intriguing.....

Abby Ewing, quietly enjoying near-retirement also lives on the Circle...her son Brian, divorced from Kate Whittaker, has moved back to Knots Landing to 'simplify his life' for a little while. Abby's curiosity is piqued to see Sue Ellen Ewing dropping in on Gary, and decides to snoop a bit - Abby overhears Sue Ellen's pitch to Gary when he accepts the offer, and enters the scene stating, 'I want in, Gary....' seeing something in the way Gary and Sue Ellen look at each other - and a spark of female rivalry starting up between the two powerful women that will grow over time.

Abby has also secretly been funding a project of young Bobby (who goes by the name Rob) Ewing's.....and has been flattered by the less than subtle attention being paid to her by hew new attorney, Avery Daniels - a a man 30 years her junior. What Abby doesn't know is that Avery Daniels is actually the fully-grown Daniel Avery, son of Laura and Richard Avery - who has long harbored a resentment against Abby for her affair with Richard years prior, which he feels was the final nail in the coffin for his parents' marriage...and led Richard down a path of alcoholism and self-destruction, and now Daniel wants to see Abby finally fall to ruin herself, and via gaining her confidence as her attorney - he's positioning himself to take Abby Ewing down once and for all.

Mac and Karen Mackenzie are also living quietly with Mac serving as a judge instead of being in private practice, finding the hours more agreeable as he nears retirement. He agrees to cover for a friend one day hearing quick sentencing issues and when a young woman is brought (her face not yet shown) to the courtroom Mac glances down for the paperwork which is not on his bench....he looks up and his face instantly twists into an expression of confusion and concern...'Meg?" he says, seeing his daughter before him awaiting sentencing....for prostitution.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X