Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dallas reboot...

Just wasn't that good, actually it was terrible, I tuned in to see JR again lol, the budget was too low I think, the set was terrible! the Ewing mansion looked like it was furnished by IKEA!

They also brought on a family we never heard of but were supposed to important to the Ewing’s for decades .

The younger characters were not likable or interesting for the most part.

Comment

They ruined Cliff Barnes, as much as he hated JR and the Ewings he would NEVER have blown up an oil rig that his pregnant daughter, not to mention his beloved sister's adopted son, was on.

Plus, why create a new Hispanic maid and her family, when they could have just used Teresa and Raoul, since we already knew of them and they really would have had a long term connection to the Ewings.
      Last edited by Asa1983; 06-29-2018, 11:03 PM. Reason: misspelling

Comment

There were some good aspects to the new show like having original cast members in it and bringing into the future with the next generation, good premise. But than it started to fall apart with that younger generation don't get me wrong liked John Ross, liked Christopher and Pam (daughter of Cliff and Afton) but couldn't stand dull as dirt Hispanic girl whose family came out of nowhere and apparently worked for the Ewings for years where she grew up really why is this the first I heard of her. What's worse is Pam was a far more layered character with plenty of fire yet this dull as dirt girl who was Dallas answer to Sominex was the main object of desire for John Ross and Christopher making a dull boring triangle where she acted judgemental as she cheated on John Ross with his cousin but acted justified in doing so, all the while I am thinking Pam was a far better choice for these two to be fighting over, after all she wasn't a blood relative of Christopher he was adopted and knew this. But no we had Miss boring judgmental walking around the object of desire and I could never figure out why no wonder when Larry Hagman died this thing didn't last, with stuff like this at the heart of the whole thing not hard to figure out.

Comment

Originally posted by GHKissOff View Post
          There were some good aspects to the new show like having original cast members in it and bringing into the future with the next generation, good premise. But than it started to fall apart with that younger generation don't get me wrong liked John Ross, liked Christopher and Pam (daughter of Cliff and Afton) but couldn't stand dull as dirt Hispanic girl whose family came out of nowhere and apparently worked for the Ewings for years where she grew up really why is this the first I heard of her. What's worse is Pam was a far more layered character with plenty of fire yet this dull as dirt girl who was Dallas answer to Sominex was the main object of desire for John Ross and Christopher making a dull boring triangle where she acted judgemental as she cheated on John Ross with his cousin but acted justified in doing so, all the while I am thinking Pam was a far better choice for these two to be fighting over, after all she wasn't a blood relative of Christopher he was adopted and knew this. But no we had Miss boring judgmental walking around the object of desire and I could never figure out why no wonder when Larry Hagman died this thing didn't last, with stuff like this at the heart of the whole thing not hard to figure out.
          Yes. The show completely missed the boat on completing the next generation for DALLAS. They brought Ray back but no mention of Lucas, Bobby's biological son. What about Charley? , the girl he thought was his daughter for a while. You also had cousins Bobby and Betsy. There was too much emphasis on the new characters created than bring in the next generation or the vets of the show. While I like Ann's ex-husband as a nemesis, but their family soon became more of an emphasis along with Jordanna's character and family. (And I never fully got over her cheating on JR Ross after excepting his proposal 24hrs before...) I'm just disappoint the show didn't make it past three seasons. It had a good premise just not executed as well.

Comment

I liked the idea of John Ross having a sister but killing Christopher was awful.
            I had forgotten all of what happened with Pam by that point in the original Dallas I didn’t was as closely. I think it still could have played out better than to have Cliff behind some scam.

I don’t know if the could use Betsy and Bobby as they were Knots Landing characters but they didn’t even bring Ray’s daughter Margaret on.

Comment

I liked it as long as LH was on, after, not so much. I still missed Pam.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X