Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderators - disturbing new behavior on your site

Moderators, there is disturbing new behavior on your site. This behavior occurs on both PC and Mac. You have new ads that force the thread that we are reading to scroll down so I can often not even complete an entry. Even if I sit and watch until the video ends, it starts again and the thread scrolls down.

I can't really use your site unless you fix this behavior.

I had that problem and downloaded
    ADBlocker and it solved the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackaled View Post
      I had that problem and downloaded
      ADBlocker and it solved the problem.
      O LOVE ad block. I do have to turn it off when I watch shows on the CBS site but only for that time. I couldn't see anything but ads before I used it

Comment

Me too. Thank goodness for ad block. This is the only site I have a problem with and it took care of it.

Comment

We know it's frustrating, but the ad re-directs are a problem with the ad syndicate, not SOC itself.

If you notice which ads are visible when you're redirected or your screen is blocked by the ad, please let us know, and Dan will report it to the syndicate. Just FYI, it's a separate problem from the spam bots. Ad issues happen because there's buggy stuff in the ads that are part of the package the syndicate sets up. SOC does not hand pick which ads go onto the site, the syndicate puts the packages together based on region, and there are variables based on your cookies (for example, if you looked at J.Crew, Old Navy and Madewell recently, your cookies will trigger the likelihood of ads for cute tops showing on our pages, just for you
          ).

Anyway, it's the syndicate's responsibility to police for that kind of stuff, and when Dan reports it, it generally takes some time for them to suss out which ads are responsible and shut them down.

Comment

Install adblock and that problem will be no more.

Comment

adblock isn't elimintating everything for me, i still get a mascara ad almost every time i log in. and i don't wear makeup or look at nonproffesional makep ads, so it isn't a cookie followup thing.

Comment

Pop I really appreciate your response. I will try to catalog for us.

Comment

This morning I opened your site in Windows Edge and received a persistent popup that my flash player was out of date and to select okay to install it. It did not allow me to close my browser even with end task so I had to reboot my computer to get rid of it.

Comment

I purchased AdGuard and it has made a huge difference.

Comment

I have adblock too, never had a problem until recently. The videos are clogging my speed. There is one in the post above me from American Express

Comment

Originally posted by MrsDashDunning View Post
                        Install adblock and that problem will be no more.
                        Agree...Adblock is a free program that I have used for years and it causes no PC problems. It self installs if you are using Google Chrome, which I use because it is superior to just Google.

I am never troubled with ads if I use Google Chrome and Adblock...they are both free and if you are dissatisfied you can uninstall them...but you will be happy you did put them on.

Comment

Adblock has worked wonders on my PC, but I cannot figure out how to get it on my phone, so I still get ads when I'm on my phone. But it's a million times better than those annoying pop up ads that told me I got a free spin at the wheel, or that my browser is infected, which I had to shut down the entire tab since I couldn't just back up.

Comment

Originally posted by krh5038 View Post
                            Adblock has worked wonders on my PC, but I cannot figure out how to get it on my phone, so I still get ads when I'm on my phone. But it's a million times better than those annoying pop up ads that told me I got a free spin at the wheel, or that my browser is infected, which I had to shut down the entire tab since I couldn't just back up.
                            Do you have android or iPhone?

Comment

Trying to read threads on my phone is a nightmare now. I get big ads blocking the posts and the first half page can't be read at all. Is there a way of getting rid of the ads on my phone pleae??? Makes this whole board sections first post in a thread unreadable unless it's a very long one . Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X