This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spam and more Spam

There is so much spam on this board now, I don't have the time to list them all!!! Even on the tech board!

at this point i'm not reporting it anymore. i was accidentally banned, as were others, and i'm afraid that's why, is because i had reported spam and the wrong id ( mine) was blamed. that isn't the mods fault, of course, and they fixed it, but it does scare me to report any more, you know? no offense to anyone...

Comment

^^MB--My threads were bare of print, until I rebooted! It scares me to report as well!

Comment

Reporting these idiots seems to be pointless because, even if they get banned by the mods, they just keep making new "membership" names and continue to spam these boards. It's extremely frustrating and completely childish behavior!!These trolls seem to lack any kind of life and obviously have nothing better to do with their time than trying to create havoc where ever they can. IMO, it's best not to even acknowledge these morons because, unfortunately, it could get your computer hacked as well. JMHO

Also, I tried to check out "youthful daze" board on the "online" section and there are literally 43 pages of nothing but spam posts!!!! Might as well close that forum all together!!
        Last edited by soaps1968; March 5, 2016, 02:34 PM. Reason: additional comment

Comment

something that pretty much solved that problem on my board, which has a different hostsite, was to ban any "by proxy" registrations, since the spam is usually computer generated or on a loop for every place they invade.
          this board 's host situation could be entirely different though. i wish we could help them more, but i'm not going to try reporting anything else.

Comment

The mods are really doing everything in their power to delete all this spam nonsense and it's not their fault. The problem is, the spammer(s) think it's entertaining to spam fill these boards and are doing it by computer generated tactics. When you register, you have to verify (via email) before you can actually post on the boards, which is nothing challenging for a hacker. Although banning "by proxy" registrations sounds like a really good idea, it's doubtful that would help. IMHO, this site has been hacked and until they can figure out how to eliminate/destroy the hacker(s), unfortunately, it will continue.

Comment

I don't know if I should say this...I don't think who ever is in charge of the this website and even the boards may be paying attention to these ridiculous spams If I was the mode, I would be deleting them everyday! I am practically on it everyday....Yeah, these spams are annoying. I believe the foreigners don't know the guidelines rules. Its only to discuss the shows, not tell someone to check their website out and buy anything.

Comment

i think that what we all need to do is keep our REAL threads at the top as best we can, you know?

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X