This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spam problem

I noticed a spam problem on the GH board just now. I am not sure if there is much that can be done but it has been happening pretty frequently over there.

Report every single spam post and the mods will take care of them. If it's one single spammer flooding the board, then just report the spam poster once.

Comment

Last night a group of about Eighty or so posters IF NOT MORE going by different names decided to Spam this board like a Christmas Tree Everywhere EVERY few seconds and I do mean EVERYWHERE. It got to the point where Reporting them all got too tiring and exhausting. I have the majority of them on my blocking list and they are the only ones on it if that can help any Mods. I spent the ENTIRE night blocking users. UPDATE: Blocking Even More posters now and reporting where can ! Counting them now on my Block list there are more then Ninety posters spamming this board registered.
      Last edited by jfoley85; December 26, 2015, 12:04 PM.

Comment

There are now over 100 users I've blocked spamming this board.

Comment

Originally posted by jfoley85 View Post
          Last night a group of about Eighty or so posters IF NOT MORE going by different names decided to Spam this board like a Christmas Tree Everywhere EVERY few seconds and I do mean EVERYWHERE. It got to the point where Reporting them all got too tiring and exhausting. I have the majority of them on my blocking list and they are the only ones on it if that can help any Mods. I spent the ENTIRE night blocking users. UPDATE: Blocking Even More posters now and reporting where can ! Counting them now on my Block list there are more then Ninety posters spamming this board registered.
          I wouldn't bother blocking spam posters. Their accounts will be deleted as soon as a mod gets around to it.

That being said, I've decided to stop looking for all the spam except on the one board I post. It's too time consuming and the posters on other boards should take care of theirs.

Comment

^^^Wow, that's pretty brazen, eh? The spam poster posts in the "Spam problem" thread. LOL. I am curious what this is. I see it all the time, under various names that start with "k". Is it someone really trying to post in Japanese or whatever, or is it really a spammer? Or virus problem?

Comment

^^ It is complete and utter Spam.When Google Chrome translates it to English it has nothing to do with ANY topic being discussed and should be reported wherever you come across these threads and posts even the English ones.
              Last edited by jfoley85; December 27, 2015, 01:43 PM.

Comment

They're spambots, i.e., computer programs designed to automatically create accounts and post spam. That's why they proliferate so rapidly.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodsyLadyM View Post
                  They're spambots, i.e., computer programs designed to automatically create accounts and post spam. That's why they proliferate so rapidly.
                  Oh I was wondering how it happened.....

Comment

These spamers have put a hidden access on some people computers.
                    Spammers are causing delays in loading the pages for the boards, it taken me nearly three days to log on and if i do log on, it keeps loading for up to twenty minutes.
                    Some days, i come back and seems a little bit better.
                    To bad this board does not have the same features at Yahoo mail, where you can block spam.
                    Just hit full header and check were the email originate from and type in [email protected](for example purpose only) and it blocks all users from hatbox.com

Comment

About 99.9% of these spammers are bots, not people, so they definitely have the ability to light up the site like a Christmas tree. One bot can create multiple usernames, so it really is like playing Whack-A-Mole -- but NOT in a fun way! Jfoley85, don't make yourself crazy trying to block all these bots. When we see a spammer, we immediately ban the bot and delete all of its posts, so it isn't necessary for posters to report each individual post a bot makes. Once the bot is banned, it can't create any more posts under that username, but, because it's a bot, it will probably immediately create a new account, and start all over again. Our former spam protector was really effective against all of this, but apparently that spam protector went out of business. (I cannot imagine why, because it really worked!) In the meantime, we're doing what we can -- as fast as our human non-bot selves can -- to get rid of this stuff, until another spam protector will work as well as the former one did. And we thank everyone for their understanding and patience!
                      Moore ideas
                      SOC Moderator
                      Please email me with questions or comments.

Dumbledore to Harry:
                      "It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

Comment

In the past few hours, I counted 25 different usernames giving spam, in all of the soap forums, primetime forums, and even in this tech forum, with over 50 spams. Not enough time to report them all. They must all be from the same bot because almost all post an "article" containing spam links.

Comment

Since the majority of Spam Bots come back registering different e-mails SC you should try http://www.spamhero.com/go/goodbye_s...FQyFaQod7PQKMw

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion. I will forward it to SOC's owner, for his consideration...

We had an excellent spam protector for a long time, but the company apparently went out of business. So far, nothing else has worked as well, although one recent replacement spam protector that was working pretty well also, unfortunately, interfered with other technical issues that became problematic for posters. It has been frustrating for everyone -- for Dan, for the posters, and for the moderators too!

BUT never give up! I know we'll get this resolved, and we appreciate the suggestion.
                            Moore ideas
                            SOC Moderator
                            Please email me with questions or comments.

Dumbledore to Harry:
                            "It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

Comment

Just a couple of days ago, the SOC sit was done and i was unable to log in.
                              When i log in, the page just spins for about thirty minutes and unable to log on, but i can log off.
                              I don't think it a spam issue more like a backdoor virus attached to this site.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X