Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's happening to me too. You can't close the ad! I just end up leaving the site.

Comment

• This is happening to me also, and if it continues I will stop going to this site. A shame.

Comment

• The frustrating part is in the tech forum nobody from the site ever responds to the posts to let us now what is going on. Pop this is the first response of any type I have seen.

As mentioned above the Ariana Grande video is coming from vdopia.

Comment

• Yes! This is happening to me too! It is so bad, I may not even bother with this site anymore. The ads cover my whole screen and won't close. I can't even read the threads. The only way I've found to escape them is leaving the site!

Comment

• Annoying Arianna Grande Film clip

What is that on my screen when I try to log on to this message board?!!

Comment

• I kept getting that yesterday late in the afternoon!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WorldTurner View Post
                I'm getting that now on my phone.

I'm out of here too. This is getting worse and needs to be addressed.
                It's happening on my phone now as well.

Originally posted by WorldTurner View Post
                The frustrating part is in the tech forum nobody from the site ever responds to the posts to let us now what is going on. Pop this is the first response of any type I have seen.

As mentioned above the Ariana Grande video is coming from vdopia.
                Right? I posted about this issue over 2 weeks ago and never heard a thing from any admins or tech support here. If it wasn't for Holly suggesting the Adblock, I would still be having this problem and would have stopped coming to the boards all together.

When it started on my phone I tried to pay attention to the ads but they were different each time, so I don't believe it's coming from any one particular ad since there seems to be several different types of pop ups going on.

Comment

• Just popped up on my screen three times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTH?????

Comment

• It just popped up on my screen three times in a row!! WTH??

Comment

• I have started to get the pop up ad with dancers I wait for it to end and the another pop up replaces it and the ads do not allow for escape. If I could be interested in what is being sold I would not be due to this aggressive advertising style. This will certainly drive board members away in no time because we can't see the board content.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoftKitty View Post
                        I'm going to answer quickly because posts about this disappear!
                        Originally posted by TinkerTailor View Post
                        They don't disappear, they go to the Tech Talk section of the forum which is specific to this kind of discussion.
                        Posts about technical difficulties that appear in soap discussion boards will always be deleted, as they're off topic. The soap boards are reserved for discussions of our shows. TechTalk is the forum for asking about technical issues on the site. Also, posters are always welcome to contact the moderators through email, with questions and problems.
                        Moore ideas
                        SOC Moderator
                        Please email me with questions or comments.

Dumbledore to Harry:
                        "It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

Comment

• i took someone's post advice and downloaded adblock plus from google chrome and that solved my problem with those annyoying pop-ups.

at least for now anyway.

Comment

• Pop-Up Ads - I can't click on a post without getting them

Hi all... I'm trying to read the posts relating to the pop-up ads, but the video of Arianna Grande keeps popping up every time I want to read a post.

I can't read any of the posts that tell me what the problem is, so I'm hoping I can get an answer from someone without the ad clicking in.

Thanks!
                            Judy

Comment

• Originally posted by Holly99 View Post
                              I was having similar problems .. until I added Chrome Adblock.

After I added Adblock .. my laptop no longer "froze" & all of the other "ad problems" disappeared.
                              I just added this app. THANK YOU so much for the tip.

Comment

• Just as a quick thumbnail, the ads come in a block from a syndicate. The syndicate is supposed to vet the ads but sometimes bad/weird stuff gets through. If you guys can see the ads that are showing (note - you probably won't be able to see both top ads and the ad at the bottom of the page all at once, unless you are magic, but any info we can possibly correlate is helpful) please let us know, and Dan can deal with it. Believe me, we're as frustrated with this as you guys are.

The moderators can't remove ads. We're moving threads like this to the Tech Talk board because a) they belong here and b) putting all the clues in one place makes sense

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X