• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have the same problem on the GH board..Someone suggested
    when using Google Chrome to add ADblocker so far it seems to
    be working..

Comment

• Yes, OP, I'm having the same exact issue.

Comment

• If it's the same problem I'm having, you just need to click the back button.

Comment

• Why are you moving this post but doing nothing to remove the pop-up video ad that plays on every page?

Comment

• I' experiencing the same thing as well as other annoying pop ups, warnings, etc. I think the site may be infected with malware. I'll try that cookie solution b/c it is very annoying.

Comment

• It's an adwall, which is how the site makes money. They hide the content behind a commercial and force visitors to watch it.

I understand the concept, but it is really, really annoying.

Comment

• I had the same thing happen as well so I turned off my cookies to stop the influx of ads. As I did so however, I could not get into any site that was password oriented as this site is. So when I go into those needing passwords I tun cookies back on.

Comment

• Someone suggested on Google Chrome to add Adblocker, I did
                  and so far it seems to be working..

Comment

• Same thing for me. I took me 6 tries just to get in this post to reply. I will try Adblocker and see if that helps!

Comment

• Anybody have help for iPhones? That's where I have most of my problems. Ugh! And Ariana keeps coming back! Sigh

Comment

• Just as a quick thumbnail, the ads come in a block from a syndicate. The syndicate is supposed to vet the ads but sometimes bad/weird stuff gets through. If you guys can see the ads that are showing (note - you probably won't be able to see both top ads and the ad at the bottom of the page all at once, unless you are magic, but any info we can possibly correlate is helpful) please let us know, and Dan can deal with it. Believe me, we're as frustrated with this as you guys are.

The moderators can't remove ads. We're moving threads like this to the Tech Talk board because a) they belong here and b) putting all the clues in one place makes sense

Comment

• it's sooooo awful. please make it stop!

Comment

• Seems as though this issue has been ongoing. This started for me a few weeks ago, went through my system, cleaned it up with various spyware programs only for it to happen again once I came to the boards. It was suggested to use Adblock, which is a free add on to Chrome browser. Since then the issue has stopped. It happened with my phone as well.

If people are interested in some free spyware programs that techs use feel free to PM me and I'll give you some info. It isn't anyone's personal system, it's coming from a sub domain on this site so you don't need to spend a lot of money by taking your computer in anywhere. Not sure what to suggest for tablets and phones to avoid this issue

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackaled View Post
                              Someone suggested on Google Chrome to add Adblocker, I did
                              and so far it seems to be working..
                              I did this, too, and the problem seems to be gone (thus far)

Comment

• Originally posted by luvbabyG View Post
                                Anybody have help for iPhones? That's where I have most of my problems. Ugh! And Ariana keeps coming back! Sigh
                                Apparently you can get Adblock Plus for your iphone. It's free and can be found in your app store. That is the one I'm using on my PC for the ads on this site and it works well.

It's good for people to run some spyware software on your systems since some of these ads may have infected your own PC's as well. Spybot and Malwarebytes are both free and trustworthy.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X