Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JustAGuy View Post
    This is not a joke, It keeps happening to me....Does anybody else get "something" that pops up on this site.. It makes a loud "beeping" noise, and it's trying to get you to click on it, so it can effect your computer. The only way you can get rid of it, is to shut the computer down right away. Sometimes my Norton Blocks it, and other times it does not.. I get it several times every day; and I have never seen anyone else complain about it..
    It's a virus malware or shareware. If you call the number they will try to scare you into buying whatever they are selling. I picked it up also, it's on my iPad. Which is unusual, they have apparently evolved! It's through safari. Which is a search engine. I downloaded chrome and have avoided safari, so far so good. It did come from this site though, not sure what the site can do about it but they are infected.

Comment

I've got it on my iPhone, but it only shows up once in awhile.

Comment

it's an ad on the network, Dan is looking for it - if you can spot which ad is showing when you see the pop up, let us know.

Comment

Originally posted by JustAGuy View Post
          This is not a joke, It keeps happening to me....Does anybody else get "something" that pops up on this site.. It makes a loud "beeping" noise, and it's trying to get you to click on it, so it can effect your computer. The only way you can get rid of it, is to shut the computer down right away. Sometimes my Norton Blocks it, and other times it does not.. I get it several times every day; and I have never seen anyone else complain about it..
          It happened to me two weeks ago, and I needed a clean out of my computer. Got Hitman with help of the system guys.

Comment

Originally posted by JBB1974 View Post
            I am glad you brought this up because it keeps happening to me. It's a voiceover that says your computer is being threatened or something like that and someone might hack your accounts and to call this number. It's really annoying. I thought it was a virus I had but my avg keeps saying I have no threats so not sure what it is.
            I've been getting some type of warnings with a voice similar to your description, too, and it gives you a phone # to call. It is coming from this website, too, and I think I've been getting it for at about 4 weeks now. I've been restarting my computer the whole time to get rid of it and I've been afraid to open threads after. I had a malware ad which did not block it. Been wondering about the effectiveness of my anti-virus, too.

Comment

Originally posted by JBB1974 View Post
              I am glad you brought this up because it keeps happening to me. It's a voiceover that says your computer is being threatened or something like that and someone might hack your accounts and to call this number. It's really annoying. I thought it was a virus I had but my avg keeps saying I have no threats so not sure what it is.
              holy moley, i thought it was just me and was wondering about my computer.
              it's lucky it hasn't ended up against the wall in several pieces.

the only way i can stop it is if i hold down esc button until my laptop shuts down...
              like you, i have done several scans with my mcafee security and i also ran the google chrome clean up tool and it all comes back that there is no problem.

Comment

Yes, I sure do. sdrt yjrtyhe ert

Comment

Originally posted by krh5038 View Post
                  I have Ad Block so I never get it
                  That's one of the best things I downloaded months ago....loving it.
                  Right now I see it blocked 12 on this site....
                  I have no clue what the ads are....nor do I care

Comment

POP, typically i am not at the top of the page when i get the stupid notice, but this time what i saw was this:

BSOD dllReg..

IP 70.66.868 or it is 70.66.8.68
                    it is hard cause the pop up comes back so quickly when you try and x out of it.

Comment

yes I posted about it last week and the post was removed????

Comment

I added Chrome Adblock, and have not had any more problems,.... thanks folks...

Comment

I get this message on my iPad air2:

ios-crash report.us. ( a website with the http address)

Warning IOS Crash Report

Due to a third party application in your IOS Device. (in...lol, not on)

Your IOS Device has crashed.

Contact Support for an immediate fix
                          1-844-240-2198 (Toll Free)
                          immediately!

OK

After tapping OK several times, I get the option to block the popup. That only lasts for awhile.
                          There are several sites with threads about this scam after I googled it. I poster even went so far as to call the number.

I do not get this scam popup on any site but yours.

PS: You need to get the scam popups to stop! They are getting totally ridiculous! Twice again today already & I just got on your site!!
                          Last edited by gloria1098; November 6, 2015, 11:42 AM.

Comment

What's up with the annoying pop-up ads?

Can't even read postings without these loud videos blocking the posts. Annoying!

Comment

Get Ad Block it'll get rid of them !

Comment

Forced to watch an add I didn't like.

Every time I tried to open up thread about disappointed in Sami's return, I got a full screen advertisement. Very, very annoying. I'm not going to read anything until this is cleared up. Soooooo annoying. Also happened when I tried to read Y & R. Please stop this. The ad is awful.
                                Last edited by courtr; November 10, 2015, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X