Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A question for everyone on here.. Do you get weird popups?

This is not a joke, It keeps happening to me....Does anybody else get "something" that pops up on this site.. It makes a loud "beeping" noise, and it's trying to get you to click on it, so it can effect your computer. The only way you can get rid of it, is to shut the computer down right away. Sometimes my Norton Blocks it, and other times it does not.. I get it several times every day; and I have never seen anyone else complain about it..

Comment

I have Ad Block so I never get it, but I saw a thread asking the same question on the B&B board, so you're not alone.

Comment

I keep getting them but I just figured my iPad is just shot to hell lol

Comment

Mine just started today!! Its the soapcentral site

Comment

Yes, but I've only been getting them since yesterday. I have a relatively new mac and have never had issues with the site until yesterday. And not just on the boards, throughout the entire soapcentral site. Thought it was just me...

Comment

I am glad you brought this up because it keeps happening to me. It's a voiceover that says your computer is being threatened or something like that and someone might hack your accounts and to call this number. It's really annoying. I thought it was a virus I had but my avg keeps saying I have no threats so not sure what it is.

Comment

Yep, it has happened to me a couple of times. In fact, just earlier tonight it did.

Comment

what I don't get is why sometimes, My Norton Blocks it, and sometimes I have to shut my desktop, completly off to stop it. I cannot do anything when it happens..

Comment

what do you guys do, when it happens ?? It only happens to me on this site.

Comment

And I just got some other voice popup about the lottery which I have also gotten a few times.

Comment

I have never got a "voice popup" here.. The one I get has a very loud beeping noice, and I cannot get rof it, or go to any other page. I have to shut down.

Comment

I thought that I was the the only one this was happening to and it is only on this site.

Comment

I've always gotten pop ups on here, but it has gotten much worse, to the point where I can't get rid of them unless I force quit my browser. I don't get pop ups on any other site.

Comment

Some of us were talking about this last week in the tech support section of the board. It is coming from advertising on this site. I installed AdBlock and it has stopped for me.

Comment

Originally posted by WorldTurner View Post
                                Some of us were talking about this last week in the tech support section of the board. It is coming from advertising on this site. I installed AdBlock and it has stopped for me.
                                That's what I've had for forever now and I've never seen these ads before. So that must be the solution.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X