Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no charge for Chrome Ad Block.

Comment

• I am too getting the Adainna Grande pop ups. I got the frozen screen where I am supposed to call this phone number because 'someone' is trying to phish onto my computer. I am thinking ummm it is probably you trying to phish for my credit card numbers. Go find another sucka'.

Comment

• i'm now using "firefox" and the ad doesn't pop up.

Comment

• ^^^ Firefox is my browser of choice on my laptop. I suggest getting Ghostery for Firefox to block ads, trackers, etc.

Comment

• All I can see on this site is freaking Ariana grande. This ONLY happens on this site so how cAn the problem possibly be with my iPad? This site has major issues. Perhaps you should fix them?

Comment

• The problem IS THIS SITE. NOT your device, it only happens here. It needs to be addressed and fixed. We shouldn't be scrambling to download ad blockers. Soap central needs TO FIX THIS.

IF I didn't enjoy talking about the soaps so much I'd be outta here because this site is dangerous.

the problems ONLY HAPPEN HERE. My device is fine.

if I see Ariana grande one more time I won't be responsible for my actions.

Comment

• I can only enjoy this site right now by using Google Chrome with Adblock installed.
                Using Explorer is a nightmare. With Explorer as soon as I click on a thread a video or Ad comes on and there is no way to exit, I have hit the back button but it takes me back to where I started.
                So basically using this site on Explorer is just a big o pain in the butt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lisa B View Post
                  I can't believe that everyone is getting this annoying thing! When it comes on, I move the bar along quickly so that it disappears.

I can't stand that singer anyway since she licked all of the doughnuts in the doughnut shop.
                  Neither can I! It bugs me more that she said she hates Americans!

Comment

• Originally posted by BradVernon View Post
                    The problem IS THIS SITE. NOT your device, it only happens here. It needs to be addressed and fixed. We shouldn't be scrambling to download ad blockers. Soap central needs TO FIX THIS.

IF I didn't enjoy talking about the soaps so much I'd be outta here because this site is dangerous.

the problems ONLY HAPPEN HERE. My device is fine.

if I see Ariana grande one more time I won't be responsible for my actions.
                    Ugh!!!! It's so frustrating! Is there another board like this to go to until they fix it? Lol I know there's not.

Comment

• I didn't get the Ariana Grande thing until today, but I have been getting the pop up stuff saying I have a virus, with the voice over and without, it's just different things with the same result...they want your info. It's very disappointing that I can't read this site without being disturbed with this crap. I just hope everyone knows it's a bunch of crap and do NOT call these numbers. When I get this stuff, and it's usually trying to read the Young and Restless or Days boards, you can't X it out fast enough. I just bring up task manager and kill the page.

Comment

• I just now had the pop up with the voice telling me I had a virus....I was looking at the Days Board and the thread about Daniel and Nicole being cute. As I am typing this my malware is blocking something. As usual, I hit task manager and killed it...why should we have to deal with this? Trying to read the message boards and we get bombarded by this crap.

Comment

• yup - it took me almost half an hour just to get in this thread to see if there was a solution to the Arianna Grande pop up. Switching over to google chrome. thanks everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by Holly99 View Post
                            Chrome Adblock Plus is free.

Here's the link:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...dilifddb?hl=en
                            This site has become an enormous boost for adblock - thank goodness it's free. Now if I could just figure out how to make it work for Chrome on my iPhone (I don't want to use their browser).

I gotta say - the website's choice of an ad syndicate is achieving the exact opposite of what they intend - direction *off* the site is not the goal, right? and with all the people installing adblock, they're not seeing the adverts at all. If money is made to support the site off of these ads, then blocking them defeats the purpose. Truly - given the large number of complaints about this, isn't it time to ditch the ad syndicate?

I"m actually quite concerned about viewing this site these days with all the spam/questionable posts in foreign languages. That can't be a good thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by JViv View Post
                              This site has become an enormous boost for adblock - thank goodness it's free. Now if I could just figure out how to make it work for Chrome on my iPhone (I don't want to use their browser).

I gotta say - the website's choice of an ad syndicate is achieving the exact opposite of what they intend - direction *off* the site is not the goal, right? and with all the people installing adblock, they're not seeing the adverts at all. If money is made to support the site off of these ads, then blocking them defeats the purpose. Truly - given the large number of complaints about this, isn't it time to ditch the ad syndicate?

I"m actually quite concerned about viewing this site these days with all the spam/questionable posts in foreign languages. That can't be a good thing.
                              I view the forum on my iPad Air2. These popups (not the ads at top or bottom of forum) are very invasive and are spam! Clearing the cache & deleting website data through settings only works temporarily.
                              You need to get someone who actually knows IT and get this fixed since its been ongoing for weeks & only occurs when I'm on your website!

Comment

• I'm glad that I found this section. I've been getting malicious attack warnings on my iMac for weeks every time I visit SOC, or website for illegal movie downloads pop up. This happens in every browser -- Safari, Firefox, and Chrome. I've also gotten messages to download software -- I immediately force-quit and turn off my computer, then turn it back on again. I'm surprised that I'm not getting one at the moment. The music video pops up when I log in on my Chromebook. The only device that I've had no problem with is my Android phone, but I'm leery of spending much time here because of the attacks. Hope it gets fixed soon. Thanks to everyone for the tips!

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X