Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Warning Pop Up [MERGED]

I've been having an issue with a security warning pop up when visiting the SoC boards with Google Chrome. I have run all the necessary security software on my end to remove any spyware, trojans, viruses etc. When I visit the SoC boards with the chrome browser, I still continue to get this pop up. Just wondering if there is something going on with the forums as I do not get this pop up from any other site? It doesn't happen when I use Mozilla when on SoC and my system is clean.
    Last edited by JadedCanuck; October 26, 2015, 10:41 AM.

I am getting a ton of this! I'm beginning to feel very unsafe on this site. I don't get this anywhere else either.

Also I just had to take my computer in for a dead hard drive and I had been getting it on there. Now I am getting it on a loaner and hope it is not a virus from this site doing it.

Comment

I was having similar problems .. until I added Chrome Adblock.

After I added Adblock .. my laptop no longer "froze" & all of the other "ad problems" disappeared.

Comment

Thanks Holly. I will try that when I get my own computer back, hopefully soon lol.

Comment

New message saying this site is infected with Trojan ware.

Comment

I my security software keeps blocking malware from this site as well. Unhack Me says it's a sub domain from here. I can only visit the boards from my mobile now since it's doing the same thing with Firefox as well

Comment

Attn: Admin.

Sorry I looked up spam and could find nothing that addresses this problem, but I am continually getting pop ups warning about a virus and calling a phone number to "clean it". This scam has had several different identities, this is the latest one:

From “http://emailsupporttech.us”:

Is there anything you can do about getting rid of this?

Comment

Also happening on Y&R board

Comment

I've been having that happen too.

Comment

There is a free ap called adblock that you can put on your browser to block ads. Just google adblock and it will keep them from coming up. If you go to the CBS site to watch videos you can click the icon for it in the upper right and shut it off on some sites that want you to watch ads before you watch their videos.

Comment

I would email a mod directly about this. I've also had this problem on my Kindle Fire. Ignore the pop-ups and don't click on any links. Just email a mod if this happens.

Comment

I also use adblock on my browser to block pop-ups, works just fine.

Comment

Thank you for posting this--has been happening to me, too--both B&B and Y&R. Was wondering about it.

Comment

Thanks for posting, windchyme. I get the pop-up virus too and I only get it on this site. I use pop-up blocker but it doesn't work with this virus.

Comment

You should all make sure you're browser is set to block popups. Also, I recommend setting your browser to not accept third party cookies. I don't know if these things will work but it's worth a try. And definitely get something to block ads if you can. I use Ghostery on my laptop and it's wonderful. You can adjust it to accept ads if necessary when streaming videos online.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X