Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Board loading problems and iPads?

Is anyone else having problems loading the board and forums using an iPad? I've had problems for the last 2-3 days - the website will not load, or takes forever. I have no problems with the site using my computer, but my iPad is so much more convenient.

Thanks!

I'm not on an iPad, just a regular PC, but have had a pretty big slowdown on loading pages. "Resolving Host" is the message shown when it's trying to load anything.

Comment

I have a problem with this site on my iPad, OP. I have to exit and reload a thread every single time. It's been about 2 or 3 days.

Comment

I'm on my iPad everything is working fine

Comment

Originally posted by Sioban View Post
          Is anyone else having problems loading the board and forums using an iPad? I've had problems for the last 2-3 days - the website will not load, or takes forever. I have no problems with the site using my computer, but my iPad is so much more convenient.

Thanks!
          Yes I do for the past three days..........I thought it was just my iPad...............

Comment

I am having problems both on my iPad and my iPhone. And yes, it's been for the past 2-3 days as well.

Glad I'm not alone!

Comment

Slow loading on my Mac, always having to 'reload tab', and, back to the waiting on the letters to catch up, when I type.

Comment

On the iPhone it just isn't loading period. I can sometimes get the front SoapCentral page to load but not the Message Board pages. And for about three weeks prior to this I was having a horrible time with being bounced and re-directed to the Apple App Store or various Ads. I've pretty much given up visiting the site unless I'm on my Desktop (which is not Apple).

Comment

A few days ago I was on one of the soap threads here (believe in the Y&R or possibly the B&B) and literally saw a file jump from the page and into my downloads. How's that for being on a scary site. The file btw is named sugr.swf. And it kept downloading multiple copies of it until I quit the site. Haven't been on here for a few days as a result. I did some research and supposedly this is caused by a defective Flash ad. Supposedly .swf are Macromedia Flash files and the browser is mistakenly allowing it to install for auto run (as if it were running on Windows which it's not). Check your Downloads to see if you see this file, may appear multiple times. I'm not sure but I could swear I saw it jump from an icon from a user here who had posted. Not sure exactly where it was originating from as I was just shocked to see something downloading to my computer like this. I was on my MBP btw.

I've had other issues with this site with ads taking over the screen without touching them (think there has been some Hong Kong ad that has been a huge annoyance). I've been careful not to click on it but it still would take over on my screen for a while and I wondered if it's "roll over" area I think it is called is wider than the ad so it will pop up and run even if you aren't touching it. Extremely annoying and again, reason for absences from here.

Oh and just read the post above me. Had that malware happen to me from being on here as well. Like I would ever be hijacked like that and buy some game software as a result. My husband researched that piece of crap ware and cleared it. These guys should all be prosecuted and thrown in jail for interfering with internet service and people's personal devices. I forgot how DH eliminated it but I think it might have been called adware.

All this has had me wondering what steps this site takes to keep malware off it. Maybe one of the moderators can explain.
                  Last edited by TunerEyes; September 11, 2015, 06:34 PM.

Comment

It is very odd that this all started happening in the past couple of days, in terms of using iPads. Is it possible that it is malware? I completely set my iPad back to factory settings, but it didn't help.

I feel like I'm off in some quarantined corner here in Tech Talk. Is there anyone moderating this forum, or do threads get moved here and nothing happens? Hello?!

Comment

I too have had problems with this site on my iPad. What can be done to fix it?

Comment

I don't see a moderator in charge of this forum we can contact to ask that a solution be found. Does anyone know who is responsible for problems reported in this forum?

Comment

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you all. It was confirmed that we have what appears to be a coding glitch and our Tech Support is working on the issue. Thank you for alerting us to this issue.
                          Shelly, Moderator
                          soapcentral.com

Email Me

How sad it is that we give up on people who are just like us.- Mr. Rogers.

Comment

Shelly, thank you for finally replying! I know I posted a thread days ago about this issue, and never received a reply!

Comment

Ok, still seems to be a problem. And not only that, the site is loading very very slowly now. What gives?

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X