Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moderator, can I propose a change to this board?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderator, can I propose a change to this board?

Frequently, I'll agree with a poster, and would like to support their comment with just a "Like" as in facebook. I have nothing new to add but want to let the poster know that I agree with their comment. So can a "Like" button be added to our reply options? I understand this will take some page redesign and programming fiddling, but I bet it would be a popular feature. Can you please forward my suggestion to your own PTB? Thanks!

P.S. If this option exists and I just haven't discovered it, can you give us all a tutorial on finding it?

I always wanted this too. If facebook has the "patent" on like, how about a choice like surveys have = somewhat agree, agree, totaly agree.

Comment

I know this has been discussed in the past and I don't think at least then it was possible. There are limitations for what board software can do. I'm sure when she gets the chance, Liz will respond. We keep her busy here!

Comment

The old CBS Y&R forum from years ago, before they changed it to facebook or however they managed to ruin it, had that "thumbs up" feature and it was very popular. Would love one on here too, if possible.

Comment

FB has a lock on the "like" button concept; we don't have a thumbs up option because the board format SOC uses does not offer that feature.

All that said, Dan is well aware that this is something members ask for a lot, and if it ever becomes an option, he just might go for it

Comment

I suggested this months ago and it was deleted!

Comment

We have had many, many requests for this over the years -- in TechTalk and sometimes in individual soap board replies to comments when a poster wants to "like" a comment. The moderators don't delete these comments, unless it's a whole separate thread begun on a soap forum that would be considered off-topic. Threads about "like" buttons in TechTalk have always been permissible, but after a certain amount of time, all threads do eventually scroll off the board, without any intervention from a moderator.
              Moore ideas
              SOC Moderator
              Please email me with questions or comments.

Dumbledore to Harry:
              "It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

Comment

Thanks for your reply! "Like" and "Thumbs up!"

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X