Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't had this issue with my iPad. I have turned off popups in Safari though. Perhaps that will help?

Comment

Disabling pop-ups on the mobile devices does not work, neither does disabling notifications. From what I've seen in the Apple tech docs it is site related vs. set-up related (I can send pointers if anyone needs them - won't fix the problem but will give you some background).

FWIW, I have tried the site twice today and have not been rerouted to the app store. Possibly the issue is fixed? If so - a ginormous THANK YOU to the webmaster!

Comment

Not fixed.

Just got rerouted to the lyft app in the iTunes App Store when I brought up Chrome which was pointed to the boards for Y&R.

Once I swiped out of the app store, Chrome was hung up and I had to swipe out of it and go back in.

If you need screen shots, etc. I"m happy to provide. I'd really love to go back to looking at this site via my phone, but I'll wait until there is confirmation these app redirects are removed.

Comment

Sorry I was unclear - we don't need the names of the aps, we need to know what ads were showing on the soapcentral page you were on when you were re-directed to the ap store

It's not a site problem. Our advertising on mobile platforms is arranged in bulk, not vendor by vendor, but once Dan can determine which ads have the re-direct, he can get rid of the specific ads causing the problem.

Comment

Ok, just got directed to the app store for lyft via chrome using url: http://c.afftrx.com/?s=1420659&tid1=...7c0&subid=5674. Unfortunately, it moved me too quickly to tell you the adverts that were on the thread I was looking at - but - it was the item for when will Marco reappear.

I went back into the site and was directed immediately to a website (this is new) for Draft Kings (not the app store). This happened before I could get to the boards, so it was the main Y&R page and there are numerous adverts on that page. The ones that I can see are: Publix Paws pet coupons; HP pavillion advert; a picture of palm trees in the sunset (no apparent ad verbiage).

Next went back to the boards, hit the 'when will Marco show up' thread and got passed to the app store for Game of War. The adverts that I can see in the listing are for Ikea, Redux and AAA.

Comment

Thanks, JViv. We know it's hard. Thank you for helping us gather info

Comment

You are most welcome - I'm happy to help.

The adverts on the original page vary - I've been trying to keep track. Let me know if you need more info. The other thing is that sometimes I can find the redirect in the history. It's not 100%, but there is data there if you need it.

Comment

Any clue is helpful; Dan can't remove every ad wholesale, but he can zap the responsible one, and let the syndicate know as well.

Comment

Hi Liz; Thanks for all of your help on this - it appears to be fixed. I used my phone to get to the website a few times over the weekend and didn't get rerouted once.

If it comes back, I'll let you know.

Thanks!

Comment

I have this problem too. It takes me to another site (control.kovacha something or a website in Spanish), which I never click the "ok" button for and then it takes me to the App Store. The ads on the page seem to be completely except I've noticed the ad tech one a lot, and I can't always remember all the ads on the page because there's usually four ads on the page and before I can scroll down to the end of the page I get directed to a different site and then the App Store. Just happened me now and the ads on here were for dodge, ad tech, classmates.com and jeep.
                      Last edited by kimmy1985; July 29, 2015, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X