• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clamcat
    Executive Poster
    • Sep 2005

Error Message: Page Changes & Comments

This morning I got error messages when I tried to move from page to page of a multi-page thread and when I tried to view the full set of comments on a post by clicking the drop down arrow. The message was something like “ERROR - unable to connect with server. Contact site administrator if continues to occur.”
    Last edited by clamcat; July 8, 2023, 07:02 AM.
  • Clementine15
    Scriptwriter
    • May 2015

l keep getting a "wait a moment, we need to verify who you are". l have been on this board for 8 years, so they should know who l am! And so l have to wait a while, but eventually am able to continue
    Also "403 error" message, and am unable to post my comment. What is up with that??
    Fear l won't be able to use this forum, if this keeps up. lf the mods were locking me out because l have been naughty (l don't think l have been), is this the sort of message l might see?

edited: lt's happening to everyone, not just me, so that's a relief!
    Last edited by Clementine15; July 9, 2023, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• bluejazz
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Aug 2008

Is Cloudflare's security level challenging every single visitor?

I'm getting a browser check from Cloudflare and on Ff on Android behind a VPN.

Comment

• namers
        namers commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm getting this message too.
    • DVX
      Senior Board Member
      • Aug 2006

I just got an error trying to reply in a thread. It was taking me longer than usual to compose my reply, so I'm guessing something "expired." But yeesh, I'm not loving whatever has changed lately.

Comment

• dee2
        I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
        • Dec 2015

Did something happen to cause this new security feature?

Comment

• jpa777
          Soap Addict
          • Feb 2013

Ipad….. it won’t work… error message stays put.

Iphone…message pops up for a second then straight to the board like always.

Android…. Not sure … will try my mom’s later today (her phone).

Comment

• Clementine15
            Clementine15 commented
            Editing a comment
            My lpad, it simply won't work. Haven't seen a "human?" box. Suspect they already know l am/was a cat, too!!

• clamcat
            clamcat commented
            Editing a comment
            Clementine15, there’s a narrow text box in the middle of my message. It has a small square box within it, with the words “Verify you are human” and a tan/orange CLOUDFARE privacy symbol. I just click the small square box, a green check appears, and I’m on the boards.

Then again, maybe it’s a different process for felines! 😀

• Clementine15
            Clementine15 commented
            Editing a comment
            Haha. Thank you for the info. l will see if that helps! Cats are generally smarter than humans, so l should be able to figure this out.
        • jpa777
          Soap Addict
          • Feb 2013

This cat here still can’t get in with my Ipad. All I have to say is, KAAAHHHH! And Merrrarrrow!!!!! And Ffffff! Sssss! 🐈‍⬛ Not a happy catper.

Comment

• viennagirl
            I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
            • Aug 2011

1) I have to verify each time that I am human when I want to access the page (wouldn't mind that much)

2) when I access the board, I just see old threads from 2022 instead of the newest ones. I have to look for notifications and then I have the usual view with the newest threads. (that's weird/annoying)

3) when I write a longer reply/ take more time, then I kinda get locked out automatically and I have to lock in again (that's a bit annoying).

Comment

• DVX
              Senior Board Member
              • Aug 2006

Originally posted by viennagirl View Post
              1)
              3) when I write a longer reply/ take more time, then I kinda get locked out automatically and I have to lock in again (that's a bit annoying).
              This is the one that is driving me nuts. I like to think, while I do a reply. Now I feel like I'm in a race or something. Grrr

Comment

• clamcat
                Executive Poster
                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by viennagirl View Post

Very annoying.

When that happens, I highlight the text that I typed; click on “copy”; logout; log back in; go back to the thread I wanted to post in; and then double click. “Paste” appears. I click on it and the text that I copied is pasted into my new post. Beats recomposing.

Comment

• viennagirl
                  viennagirl commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I do the same.
                  So yes, I know what to do so that I don't have to write everything again, but it is annoying that we have to do these additional steps (copy, log in again, paste).
              • bluejazz
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Aug 2008

Board is glitching hard! I just posted and it triple posted and logged me out multiple times

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X