• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ShesAllThat
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Mar 2004

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page [MERGED]

For assistance contact the site administrator.

what does that mean - i get the notification but when i click the thread to read it this pops up!
  • Moore ideas
    Look! Up in the sky! It's a Super Moderator!
    • Jul 2005

It could be one of two things: It may be that the topic itself was removed, but if you're clicking on an existing topic title, that's probably not it. Or, more than likely, if the topic still appears on the forum, it's another vBulletin glitch. If it makes you feel any better, I'm a moderator and I get random "you're not authorized" messages too, when I'm trying to read someone's flag! I think to myself, "Oh, yes I am!"

Refreshing the page usually helps, or just trying again later.
    Moore ideas
    SOC Moderator
    Please email me with questions or comments.

Dumbledore to Harry:
    "It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

Comment

• ShesAllThat
      ShesAllThat commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL that is too funny! i was wondering if something had happened in the thread. thank you for your response!

• namers
      namers commented
      Editing a comment
      You're one of us!
  • AMHardulak
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jan 2009

When I see a notification, I click on that and the topic is only visible for half a second! Almost impossible to know which topic is being referred to

Comment

• Moore ideas
      Look! Up in the sky! It's a Super Moderator!
      • Jul 2005

It's possible that the topic itself has already been removed. I'm not sure why the topic would be visible at all, even for a split second, but it's the only explanation I can think of. Have you tried searching for the topic title on the forum? If it doesn't appear there, then it means that you received a notification for a reply inside a topic that was removed afterwards.
      Moore ideas
      SOC Moderator
      Please email me with questions or comments.

Dumbledore to Harry:
      "It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

Comment

• AMHardulak
        AMHardulak commented
        Editing a comment
        For some reason, just since I asked about this, the problem cleared up completely. After a few months of issues! You must have the magic touch

• Moore ideas
        Moore ideas commented
        Editing a comment
        HAHA. I'm just now seeing this, but that's hilarious. And I'm sure it must have been my magic touch!
    • Key
      Soap Addict
      • Sep 2015

I see this a lot. It's rather irritating. If you've deleted a thread, why do you have to notify me? Would appreciate it if you'd fix that.
      It's like "Hey, somebody responded to your thoughtful post! Check it out! -- Uh oh! No you can't read that!"

Makes me feel like Charlie Brown doing the football flip.

Comment

• Moore ideas
        Moore ideas commented
        Editing a comment
        Unfortunately, the moderators don't have the ability to do anything about this, nor are we the ones who are notifying you. In any case, it's all vBulletin's programming, so it's entirely out of our control. What apparently happens is that vBulletin's system automatically (and I guess immediately) notifies you of a reply. So that's then a done deal. If a moderator removes a violation later, and your post is part of that removal, there is just nothing we can do about your seeing a notification later. If you receive the notification and are able to read a reply before someone violates the rules and causes stuff to be removed, then -- YAY. Otherwise, it's the roll of the dice.
    • DuckDeadeye
      Board Regular
      • Jan 2021

"Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page. For assistance contact the site administrator."​

If it's not there in my Notifications section, just delete it. Don't tell me it's there but – oh, no – we won't let you see it.
      And, yes, I have already contacted the site administrator.

DD~~

Comment

• PatchSweetness
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Nov 2007

I get that too and I don't understand it.

Comment

• prettypleasin
          Board Regular
          • Sep 2014

I get that message too. A lot of times that means the post has been closed or deleted. And sometimes I think it's a glitch because I'm able to view the post by going into message center.

Comment

• crunchylettuce
            Day Player
            • Mar 2021

Notification has been sent prior to the thread's deletion. Those notifications are just grave markers. Little reminders of thoughts and expressions that will never be read...of time wasted.

Comment

• Boneill
              Recurring Poster
              • Mar 2021

I got that a lot. Then all of a sudden I couldn’t see any of my messages. Also, I can’t start a thread. I make the post and it disappears. I’ve contacted the site administrator and it was useless. I got no reply. I was gone for 3 weeks, and when I came back, I could finally read my messages. I have not tried to start a new topic, though. I don’t know if it’s worth my time.

Comment

• tabbycat46
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Jan 2010

DuckDeadeye, I get those from time to time. I think that it just is a signal that one of the rules were broken.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X