• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    namers
    Contract Poster

• namers
    commented on 's reply
    *claps wildly!*

I will keep you posted on my quest. Thanks for your support.
  • Moore ideas
    Look! Up in the sky! It's a Super Moderator!

• Moore ideas
    commented on 's reply
    namers
    Contract Poster
    namers, I'm replying. Let me know if this works.
  • namers
    Contract Poster

• namers
    commented on 's reply
    I changed my settings; would you kindly reply so I can see if I get notified please?
  • Moore ideas

• Moore ideas
    commented on 's reply
    namers
    Contract Poster
    namers, the best way to contact us directly is through email. Our email addresses are hyperlinked in the "email me" portion of every moderator's signature, at the bottom of every post they make. (Mine is at the bottom of the post we're commenting in.) If you can't see it, you can go into your account settings and make sure that the "signature" option is checked.

You can also contact us through messaging, but profile pages are public, so there are some things we can't discuss with posters in that location, due to privacy considerations. That's why we don't answer questions about deleted topics/posts through messaging, because it's no one else's business what rule violation someone else may have made, etc. It's out of respect for posters' privacy, so email conversations are usually the best way to communicate.

Hope that helps.
  • namers
    Contract Poster

• namers
    commented on 's reply
    Happy to oblige. I'm still blocked (boo-hiss) so maybe it will take a bit to reply. I do have a couple of semi-related questions; how do you prefer I contact you?
  • Moore ideas

• Moore ideas
    commented on 's reply
    namers
    Contract Poster
    namers, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you'll get this resolved. I have to say that your very kind words have made my day, so thank you from the bottom of my heart, on behalf of all the mods! It has been a little bit tough lately, and so your very generous spirit has perked mine up a whole lot today!
  • namers
    Contract Poster

• namers
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you for caring. I just did and I'm still blocked.😥 Supposedly, you have to go thru the site that blocked you (Newser) and I had filled out their online form twice but nada. I did leave a message on their voicemail (Florida) earlier but I will try again tomorrow. I do think it was a glich like you said but if no one responds to my pleas, there's nothing I can do. My ISP is blocked so
    I can't post on any other blog. If I didn't have SOC to chat with folks, I'd be lost! Thanks again, M.

P.S. I didn't see a tiny link that said, something about reviewing this ban so I did and now it says, "We have received your request for review." 🤞

You're such a peach. I read some of the threads folks have written in Tech and you are unflappable and funny. If anyone does read this thread they will know that SOC has the only real live moderation with reasonable folks...as long as you follow the rules. No other site on the web is as strict but I know it teaches respect as well as accountablity. I've been banned here before (my bad) but I know that these rules actually make posters better writers!
    namers
    Contract Poster
    Last edited by namers; November 17, 2021, 11:10 PM.
  • Moore ideas

• Moore ideas
    commented on 's reply
    Namers, you should check! It sounds accidental to me, so you should ask about it. Sometimes the wrong thing is clicked accidentally, from plain old human error. I don't really know anything about Disqus, but they must have someone you can contact. Good luck.
  • namers
    Contract Poster

• namers
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks, Ms. Moore. I am too chicken to check. I have 35,000/75,000 posts/upvotes that I don't want to go poof. 😕
  • Moore ideas

• Moore ideas
    commented on 's reply
    I'm sorry that happened to you, namers. I hope they'll be able to resolve the problem for you. Fingers crossed.
  • namers
    Contract Poster

• namers
    commented on 's reply
    I just found out today that I am 'banned' from Disqus (due to spam, not of my own!). I check my history and all the posts that were "deleted for spam" are 2 weeks old but weren't deleted then; they're just regular comments. I have been spammed a lot recently and have been reporting posters; can't say if it's related. I've reached out to the mods there and hope they are as responsive and fair as all of you are. 🤞
  • Moore ideas

• Moore ideas
    replied
    Please contact a moderator privately, through email, with questions about removals. We don't answer these questions on the site, out of respect for poster privacy. All moderators have a hyperlink to their email addresses, at the bottom of every post they make, in their signatures. You can click onto "email me" and go from there.

The moderators are not "delete happy", but are required to remove guidelines violations.

Not all removals are the fault of the thread originator, but can sometimes be the result of internal violations. There are also numerous reasons why topics are removed, such as having a vague title, being a duplicate topic of one that already exists on the forums, containing a link to a site that isn't permitted, revealing spoiler information in the topic title, etc., etc., but you need to ask a moderator privately.

Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• LKZJasmine
    Day Player

• LKZJasmine
    started a topic Questions about topics getting deleted?

Questions about topics getting deleted?

I'm sorry but may I know why my thread about Eileen Davidson returning to Days for a special episode as Kristen keeps getting deleted? May I please know what rules am I breaking by posting that? I thought we could post threads about an actor returning so we can discuss. I just need to know so I know what not to do in the future. It seems mods here are delete happy even over threads that are harmless. Like do guys need SOD CONFIRMATION before news is posted or what?

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
Working...
X