Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubythroat1
    commented on 's reply
    @JaySherman--Thanks for the tips. Ear wax removal, conjoined twins, and failed plastic surgery on celebs cover my pages!

• JaySherman
    commented on 's reply
    Rubythroat1, I would recommend going to the apps store and look for an ad blocker. Most are free, can be easily uninstalled if needed and do not require any of your personal information.

I can appreciate that a site might need ads to make money since it's providing a free service however I agree some of the ads are very questionable. I saw one today that called one of our Presidents the dumbest President ever. That type of ad shouldn't be present on this platform especially considering Soapcentral's no politics policy. I can say such ads might discourage people from visiting the site.

• Rubythroat1
    commented on 's reply
    Moore ideas--I am not a cyber savvy person so I am going to get help putting the AdBlocker on my android pad.
    Yesterday that ad was on one page six times.

• Moore ideas
    commented on 's reply
    I'm afraid I have no idea! Maybe someone else will have some suggestions. As far as the ads shown on the site, we don't have any control over that.

• Rubythroat1
    replied
    I would appreciate knowing how to get a particularly inappropriate Ad off my Android pad. I get " the Conjoined Twins " Ad at least four times on each page
    I log into, as well as at the bottom of the Y&R forum. Drives me mad. The more I X them out, the more I get. I'd like to know how to apply AdBlocker to my
    Android.

Leave a comment:

• kristendny
    commented on 's reply
    I have Chrome, too. Wow, sorry to hear that.

• Penelope P
    commented on 's reply
    I have Chrome and adblocker was all over me like white on rice. I couldn't close FB so finally I cancelled it. My computer is an older model so maybe I'll gift myself with an more up to date one.

• kristendny
    commented on 's reply
    Really? I have had ad blocker for years, never had a problem. What browser do you use?

• Penelope P
    replied
    When I had Adblocker, I couldn't log out of FB (which is all about ads), so I cancelled it.

Leave a comment:

• Clementine15
    commented on 's reply
    Same here!

• Rubythroat1
    replied
    I put AdBlocker on the main P.C. which works, but it will not accept on my "android". Much of the time when I try to log in to the forum, there is a big old Ad which sometimes I
    cannot X out due to clever manipulations of the Ad sponsor. Also, some ads are wide and the X out has to be found by moving the Ad side to side. When you touch the screen in any
    way, it comes back sometimes three times on the forum screen! A real annoyance. It takes up 2/3 of my screen.

Leave a comment:

• joncharmed93
    replied
    Ads are really obnoxious in Chrome. It's getting to the point where I cannot read posts much because ads are so invasive. Like they will put themselves between each paragraph a person posts if it's a long post. It's the site nearly unusable.

Leave a comment:

• Moore ideas
    commented on 's reply
    Exactly! I've also found out that different browsers and/or devices can make a difference in how intrusive they are. Some are worse than others!

• tosh
    replied
    Ads help pay the bills, if it's ads toward something i like of course i will take a look

Leave a comment:

• want2stayGHfan
    replied
    Originally posted by JaySherman View Post
    The most recent ads appearing on the website are pushing for me to learn how to get rid of earwax. I'll sometimes see more than one ad on the same page while a popup at the bottom tries to sell me the same thing. The pictures in the ads are gross and as another poster stated, ad block won't get rid of them.
    I've had Firefox browser with free ad blocker since before I joined this site and I've never seen an ad of any type; my ad block definitely gets rid of all of them!

Leave a comment:

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
Working...
X