• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • believeinme246
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jan 2015

Quoting from Comments

A number of people have quoted from comments, and the new message has a grey box with the comment in it. I haven't figured out how to do this. Would you let me know?
  • Moore ideas
    Look! Up in the sky! It's a Super Moderator!
    • Jul 2005

Yes, it's very easy!

Look at the bottom right of the poster's comment that you want to quote, and you'll see several icons, including one with quote marks and the word "Quote" next to them. Click onto that. This will open a new window for posting, just like you would normally see, but it will contain the other poster's comment. Just go ahead and post as usual below that. If it happens to be an extra-long quote, please use your backspace button to remove some of it, keeping only the most necessary parts, before posting your reply.

Feel free to quote this post for practice!
    Moore ideas
    SOC Moderator
    Please email me with questions or comments.

Dumbledore to Harry:
    "It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

Comment

• namers
      namers commented
      Editing a comment
      But no more multi-quote feature?

• believeinme246
      believeinme246 commented
      Editing a comment
      Moore ideas, I see "quote" next to a reply, but only "flag" next to the comment to the reply. It's that comment that I'm interested in.

I notice that some people are very good at creating a reply that appears to quote a comment, but haven't figured out how. I hope I'm making sense.
  • Moore ideas
    Look! Up in the sky! It's a Super Moderator!
    • Jul 2005

namers, you can still multi-quote, but it's a bit different. Click the quote icon at the bottom of the first post you want to quote, then look to the upper left of your screen. You should be able to see a pinkish box that says "Post Reply (1)". Click it and your first quote will appear. Go to the second post you want to quote and click its quote icon. Then look to the upper left again and you'll see "Post Reply (2)". Click it and you'll see the second quote appear in your posting window. Go ahead and reply to each quote, or continue to add other quotes in the same way.

Hope that helps.
    Moore ideas
    SOC Moderator
    Please email me with questions or comments.

Dumbledore to Harry:
    "It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

Comment

• namers
      namers commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think I ever noticed that box before. I'll try it, thanks.
  • tiff5555
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jul 2007

Sometimes the Comment Section disappears when I want to type something in it. Is that a glitch or the Dan working on something?

Comment

• Moore ideas
      Moore ideas commented
      Editing a comment
      tiff5555, I'm not sure I've seen that happen, so I can't really say. It's not something that Dan is working on, though. The technical problems are through vBulletin, not SOC.

• tiff5555
      tiff5555 commented
      Editing a comment
      Moore ideas Oh okay Thanks for the reply. It has happened to me twice. I guess it's a glitch.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
Working...
X