• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ABCsoul
    Board Regular
    • Apr 2019

Ignore list [blocking a poster]

I have a question about the ignore list. When I put someone on it, are their posts hidden from me only?
  • Moore ideas
    Look! Up in the sky! It's a Super Moderator!
    • Jul 2005

Yes, they're hidden only from you. However, if someone else quotes that person's opinion in a follow-up reply, it will obviously then be visible to you when you read the third person's reply.
    Moore ideas
    SOC Moderator
    Please email me with questions or comments.

Dumbledore to Harry:
    "It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

Comment

• Rubythroat1
      Rubythroat1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a few screen names that are impossible to accept on the Ignore List. One in particular whose threads and comments are consistently
      mean or a kind of humor I do not appreciate. Is this related to the "Glitch List" of the Carrier?

• Moore ideas
      Moore ideas commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sorry Rubythroat1, but I honestly don't know the answer to your question. I can only suggest that you make sure you're spelling the username correctly (I'm sure you probably are, but just mentioning that!), and also try signing completely our of the site and then signing back in again. It's possible that stuff just needs to be refreshed. If that doesn't work, it may be a glitch. I don't think there's a limit to how many users you put on the ignore list, but maybe you could also try removing someone on your list and then see if adding an "unaccepted" name works then. Please let us know!

• Rubythroat1
      Rubythroat1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have actually tried many times. This board is not the one to reveal real names, I know. I honestly think it is too tempting to read the whole thread, then
      reply in protest. The list saves me from being tempted to reply.
  • ABCsoul
    Board Regular
    • Apr 2019

Originally posted by Moore ideas View Post
    Yes, they're hidden only from you. However, if someone else quotes that person's opinion in a follow-up reply, it will obviously then be visible to you when you read the third person's reply.
    Thank you for your prompt response, it is most apprecioated!

Comment

• ABCsoul
      Board Regular
      • Apr 2019

Totally forgot,
      how do I put someone on the ignore list, I have a stalker

Comment

• Moore ideas
        • Jul 2005

Go into your account settings and scroll to the bottom of the page. There's a window where you list usernames of posters you want to ignore.

Please report any poster to the moderators who crosses a line into harassment or uses messaging to continue an argument.
        Moore ideas
        SOC Moderator

Dumbledore to Harry:

Comment

• ABCsoul
          Board Regular
          • Apr 2019

Found it, thank you!!
          And I will let a moderator know if I have any trouble.
          Thank you, again, Moore ideas!

Comment

• Moore ideas
            • Jul 2005

You can do this by flagging the problematic posts or messages, with an explanation of the ongoing problem (we'll assess it), or you can email any moderator directly. All communications with the moderators are private, as are any actions we may (or may not) take with the reported poster.
            Moore ideas
            SOC Moderator

Dumbledore to Harry:

Comment

• ABCsoul
              Board Regular
              • Apr 2019

I will and thank you again!!
              Much appreciation ?

Comment

• kat401
                Contract Poster
                • Aug 2005

Is it possible to put a thread on ignore? When there is a thread devoted to hating a character or couple I like, much as I try to ignore it, inevitably I find myself peeking and feeling upset and I don't want to get into arguments.

I don't want to flag the thread because they aren't breaking any guideline that I'm aware of.

Comment

• Moore ideas
                  Moore ideas commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don't see any option for doing that. If the same poster is creating the upsetting topics, then you could always put that individual on ignore, but I'm guessing that you're talking about character/couple continuity, not topic originator continuity. And you're right; flagging wouldn't help. If I find anything that can accomplish what you're looking for, I'll post it here, but otherwise ... maybe a walk around the block or a sip of something soothing?

• kat401
                  kat401 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks, stepping away from the computer sounds like the best idea then.
              • MalteseBaby
                Scriptwriter
                • Aug 2009

How many user names are allowed in the " Ignore" box? I'm having problems adding, and I only have 12. Thank you for any assistance.

Comment

• Moore ideas
                  Moore ideas commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm not aware of any limits.

• MalteseBaby
                  MalteseBaby commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you. It was a feature in how names are entered ( in the empty space below the box for copy and paste). It took me a minute to realize that part was the useable space. Hope your summer is going well!!
              • jpa777
                Soap Addict
                • Feb 2013

the ignore list doesn’t seem to be working...tried to add someone, hit save, then name disappears. And no it wasn’t a moderator because I know they can’t be blocked.

Comment

• jpa777
                  Soap Addict
                  • Feb 2013

It’s still not working....

Comment

• jpa777
                    jpa777 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Is anyone even aware or trying to fix it? I have tried 3 servers and two devices, hit the save button, and it all disappears.
                • jpa777
                  Soap Addict
                  • Feb 2013

It worked for a while but now it’s back to not working again! I give up.

Comment

• jpa777
                    jpa777 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks ABCsoul. I don’t want to block any poster....just want to hide a certain thread until it rolls over to page 2. When that happens I plan to unblock.

• ABCsoul
                    ABCsoul commented
                    Editing a comment
                    jpa777 there's the problem, I don't think you can ignore threads only members.

• jpa777
                    jpa777 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I know but after the topic rolls off I would I unignore the user..... I’ve done that a few times when I don’t want to see the topic title. ABCsoul
                • reyreyes1963
                  Lurking in the Shadows
                  • Jan 2022

I agree. Your ignored list is hidden from others. Plus, should it be because it is part of your privacy, right?

Comment

• BellaCuore
                    Senior Board Member
                    • Apr 2017

Moore ideas

I have a few people who are on ignore who we just don't get along and all they want to do is bait when they know I have certain favorite characters and we never see eye to eye..

When I sign off they somehow are posting comments on my post?? That should not be happening at all..

I read about the "ignore feature" and they should not be able to see my posts unless somebody quotes me and most definitely should not be able to reply..

If there is an "ignore feature" it should be impossible for these posters to comment and I can only see it when I log off which is upsetting when all I want to do is cut them off from commenting as we just don't see eye to eye and they LOVE to bait when they know we will not ever agree..

I can email you the few people who constantly do this.. I want this stopped and I would hate to have to contact Dan Kroll on social media to have this looked into as this keeps happening....The boards should be pleasant and when you have a few who can't leave you be and put them on ignore there should be NO WAY they can comment on your original post....

Thank you so much for your time..
                    Last edited by BellaCuore; March 30, 2022, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X