• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    jpa777
    Scriptwriter

• jpa777
    commented on 's reply
    P.S. Problem solved. I kept playing around in the message thing and found a button that said “dismiss all notifications” and it went away.
    OK then ...So glad to see that red number 1 notification gone! LOL
  • jpa777
    Scriptwriter

• jpa777
    replied
    Notifications says I have a message but there are none. Logged out, rebooted computer, logged back in, still says I have a message but I don’t. Ok then. Not my biggest worry but still annoying. What to do? I guess wait ‘til tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Rubythroat1
    Aspiring soap scribe

• Rubythroat1
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks again Moore ideas. I think there are some minutia
    of the cyber realm that not even the inventors or designers
    can sort out.
  • Moore ideas
    Look! Up in the sky! It's a Super Moderator!

• Moore ideas
    commented on 's reply
    HAHA. Yeah, I still prefer my laptop for doing most things, because I loathe using small keyboards and I can do everything faster with a normal keyboard. That said, my tablet does allow me to access my messages, so I'm not sure what to tell you. In fact, I've used it when my laptop browsers were frustrating me! Maybe, if you haven't already done this, you need to try turning your tablet all the way off and then on again?
  • Rubythroat1
    Aspiring soap scribe

• Rubythroat1
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Moore ideas: I'm on what is called an "android".....yet more cyber lingo for me to remember!
    Tablets are hot when most are working at home.
  • Moore ideas

• Moore ideas
    commented on 's reply
    Rubythroat1, you may be able to access your notifications by using a different browser. As a moderator, I'm inundated with messages, due to flagged posts and unapproved post notifications, but I can access those only through Chrome or Microsoft Edge. Firefox refuses to show me any messages.

I don't know what you're using, but -- whatever it is -- try a different one!
  • Rubythroat1
    Aspiring soap scribe

• Rubythroat1
    commented on 's reply
    I am still trying to navigate my new tablet, that confuses all the check points.
    Also the idea of " Android " !
  • Little Lulu
    Board Regular

• Little Lulu
    commented on 's reply
    Moore ideas THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! Going to Google worked, Internet Explorer does not. Thanks again!!
  • Moore ideas

• Moore ideas
    commented on 's reply
    Little Lulu
    Board Regular
    Little Lulu, I'm one of those who prefers to use my laptop, too. LOL. I've found that I have different problems on different browsers, so you might want to switch to a different one, just to test it. For example, I'm unable to access private messages on Firefox, but can through Microsoft Edge or Chrome (as I recently discovered). Have no clue what the difference is!
  • Rubythroat1
    Aspiring soap scribe

• Rubythroat1
    replied
    The new message center 'notification" in the upper right of the screen mystifies me. I enter, and it tells me I have to be a registered member to receive my messages.
    Even when I have a red listed number of messages.

Leave a comment:

• Little Lulu
    Board Regular

• Little Lulu
    replied
    I can post from my cell phone but not from my computer. When I post here I prefer to use my computer. All I am getting on my computer is login (since I was recommended to log out). Now I can't log back in. It just continues to buff.

Leave a comment:

• Moore ideas

• Moore ideas
    commented on 's reply
    So, all of these annoying error messages and other weirdness on the site are the result of vBulletin's lousy "updates", which seem to just break more stuff, every single time. Dan (SOC's owner, for those who might not know) has complained to their wretched "techs" for two years now, to fix the ongoing problems. And believe me, Dan and all the mods are as frustrated with these glitches as much as everyone else is. You might try using the "refresh" icon when you get one of these messages, which is what I do when vBulletin tells me that my moderating action was a complete fail. After I refresh the page, I discover that it wasn't a fail after all. And again, I'm so sorry that you're having this annoying problem.
  • Little Lulu
    Board Regular

• Little Lulu
    replied
    Test mts mts mts mts mts

Leave a comment:

• Moore ideas

• Moore ideas
    commented on 's reply
    Try logging all the way out and then back in again. Sometimes that helps.
  • Little Lulu
    Board Regular

• Little Lulu
    replied
    This is what I got up on a white screen after I clicked "post reply' {"nodeId":2982127} I also can not add to my original post under the comment.

Leave a comment:

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
Working...
X