Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian recap on Y&R board

Last evening I experienced the glitch gremlin big time while doing my usual Tuesday recap. I got "Invalid Server Response" every paragraph and had to click "OK"
    then when I finished typing the long post, I tried to submit and the whole thing disappeared. When I tried to "restore" all I got was one third of the post.
    I am a complete computer dummy so all this cut and paste stuff is beyond me. I left a note on the Y&R forum that I will not return to recap duties until after our
    current health care crisis is over.

ruby, i'm going to try to help, and i'm okay with you not wanting to try this, since i'm pretty puter stupid too.
    go to your email account into the drafts section. pick anyone to send to, since you won't actually be sending anyway. type your recap into the email body.
    then just run your cursor over it and everything will have a blue background. press the central key( it's on the bottom left of your keyboard, it says ctrl) and the C key at the same time.
    then come here, create your thread title as usual. click into the post as usual, then right click on your cursor. you'll see the word"paste",click on it. et voila, your whole recap will be there! you may want to practice first with short posts, but trust me, if this works for me, it will work for you. i'm an idiot with computers, lol!
    and if the right click thing bugs you like it did me at first, here's another way to paste. click into the post body, so you get the flashing line, then press the ctrl key and the P key at the same time and your post will be there.
    and if all else fails, i'll give you my email and post if for you! i would seriously miss your recaps, my friend!

Comment

• Rubythroat1
      Rubythroat1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much. The bookstores are closed so I cannot get
      "Computers for Dummies"!

Originally posted by Rubythroat1 View Post
    Last evening I experienced the glitch gremlin big time while doing my usual Tuesday recap. I got "Invalid Server Response" every paragraph and had to click "OK"
    then when I finished typing the long post, I tried to submit and the whole thing disappeared. When I tried to "restore" all I got was one third of the post.
    I am a complete computer dummy so all this cut and paste stuff is beyond me. I left a note on the Y&R forum that I will not return to recap duties until after our
    current health care crisis is over.
    Be well and safe Rubythroat1. It looks like the soaps in general are doing reruns and it's quite understandable.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
    Working...
    X