• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Karla1953
    Soap Addict
    • Apr 2010

Merged Threads

When there are merged threads and it shows that there are 54 comments....is there a reason that when I click on the thread it is one page only with just a few comments? I had made a comment on this thread yesterday and it states that I did in my info, yet I cannot see my comment. Is there something in settings that I need to adjust? This is not the first time this has happened. Thanks
  • Moore ideas
    Look! Up in the sky! It's a Super Moderator!
    • Jul 2005

Karla1953, it depends... I'm not sure which topic you're referencing, but it's possible that (1) your page isn't loading correctly and needs to be refreshed, (2) your comment was removed by a moderator (maybe it was in reply to another deletion and was no longer relevant), or (3) the original post that contained your reply comment was removed. When an individual post is removed for rule violations, all the internal reply comments also disappear.

Moore ideas
    SOC Moderator
    Please email me with questions or comments.

Dumbledore to Harry:
    "It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

Comment

• Karla1953
      Karla1953 commented
      Editing a comment
      It is this thread.....https://boards.soapcentral.com/forum...deeds-?-merged

Shows to me that there are 54 replies...there are 11. There were quite a few yesterday and the only ones from yesterday are the posts that started the threads. It is not the first time this has happened and always on a merged thread.
      Thanks for your response. I also apologize if this was not the correct place for this post.
      Last edited by Karla1953; January 7, 2020, 03:38 PM.
  • Moore ideas
    Look! Up in the sky! It's a Super Moderator!
    • Jul 2005

Karla1953, the link you provided helped me solve the problem! There was a glitch with the merge (it has happened a couple of times) where the second topic was merged into a list of comments instead of follow-on posts. If you go to the second post in the topic, you'll see that there are 32 reply comments!! Most of those should have been follow-on posts, but ended up in the wrong place and, unfortunately, we can't undo that mistake. Click the "up" arrow to the top right of all the comments and you can read everything there -- including your own comments which are there too.

Yes, Tech Talk is the right place for these kinds of questions, unless you have a specific question about a removal of one of your own posts, in which case you need to contact a moderator privately.
    Moore ideas
    SOC Moderator
    Please email me with questions or comments.

Dumbledore to Harry:
    "It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

Comment

• Karla1953
      Karla1953 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks so much....now I know what to do should this happen again. It was not so much the need to see my own, but I get notifications that the subscription has been commented on and then there are only a few posts so it was baffling.

Thanks one would think after all the years I have been posting here, I would know but....then again I rarely ponder the removal of a post. For the most part I can figure it out...I have always tried to stay in the parameters of what is acceptable, but there are times that I am aware that others may not...and even I might not always tow the line, even if it is unintentional.
      Again thanks so much for the quick response.....

• Moore ideas
      Moore ideas commented
      Editing a comment
      You're welcome! That's what we're here for...

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
Working...
X