Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can You Send Private Messages

I was looking around in user settings and I don't see a place where you can send a user a private message is there no private messages allowed?

I've been trying to figure this out as well. Would like to send a personal apology to someone I unintentionally offended.

Comment

Yes you may send private messages. At the bottom of the page there is a *help* button. Go to ‘manage my account’ and select ‘using private messages.’ This will detail what you need to do. You also need to go to your ‘User settings,’ click on ‘account,’ enter your password and click on ‘enable private messaging.’ Don’t forget to ‘save.’
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Laura23; January 4, 2020, 10:07 PM.
      Laura23, Moderator of BnB/Days Forums, Board questions? please Email me!

Comment

If you click onto a person's username, that will take you to their profile page. Unless they've disabled the feature (some people don't want messages), you should immediately see a blank box that says "write something", at the top of their activities feed.
        Moore ideas
        SOC Moderator
        Please email me with questions or comments.

Dumbledore to Harry:
        "It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

Comment

I see the write some thing but I see other posts there too so it is not private? its public?

Comment

Originally posted by Laura23 View Post
            Yes you may send private messages. At the bottom of the page there is a *help* button. Go to ‘manage my account’ and select ‘using private messages.’ This will detail what you need to do. You also need to go to your ‘User settings,’ click on ‘account,’ enter your password and click on ‘enable private messaging.’ Don’t forget to ‘save.’
            ok I will try that...

Comment

Well I went through everything..I don't see 3 folders that say sent, inbox or trash, or private message.. i don't know.. I guess I 'll figure out sooner or later...... lol

Comment

Originally posted by Moore ideas View Post
                If you click onto a person's username, that will take you to their profile page. Unless they've disabled the feature (some people don't want messages), you should immediately see a blank box that says "write something", at the top of their activities feed.
                I believe that what you are describing is a way to send a Visitor Message, but what about Private Messages. I've done everything that has been suggested and I still can't seem to be able to send a Private Message or see any folders as described.

Comment

I gave up on this a long time ago

Comment

I get visitor messages and respond to them on my profile page, but the sender never seems to see what I've written back to them.

I have no idea how to go to their profile to send them a visitor message. If I click on their name it just shows their posting history, not a place to put a visitor message (which are not private at all)

And yes, they are public for anyone to see. So watch what you say! "wink, wink"

I will try going down the page to the help feature. I sure wish I knew how that works.

Comment

At the top of a poster's profile page there's a small window that says "write something". That's where you post your message. You're welcome to try posting and message in my profile, and I'll respond in yours, if it shows up correctly in mine.
                      Moore ideas
                      SOC Moderator
                      Please email me with questions or comments.

Dumbledore to Harry:
                      "It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X