• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banned pop up box??

Not sure if this will post as I keep getting a pop up box today saying:

You have been banned for the following reason:
    No reason was specified.
    Date the ban will be lifted: Never

What the heck is going on?!! I can still log on and view my profile but when I go to post this pops up. Scary! Help. Tell me it's a board glitch or someone has hacked my account!

ETA - well looks as if this did post - but other times I get banned!

There appears to be some small glitch in the system, which should be correctly shortly...
    Moore ideas
    SOC Moderator
    Please email me with questions or comments.

Dumbledore to Harry:
    "It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

Comment

Originally posted by Kynn View Post
      Not sure if this will post as I keep getting a pop up box today saying: You have been banned for the following reason:No reason was specified. Date the ban will be lifted: NeverWhat the heck is going on?!!----
      Hi Kynn, I just happen to spot your post-and I'm sorry to hear your getting that page! But I must tell you I am relieved it was not just me, as I had no idea what was going on either. I didn't want to write and bother any mods-but I was concerned.... Glad I spotted your post-now I know it is a little glitch! ...hope you or I don't get that page anymore, and the glitch is simple to correct. ~Tulip209

Comment

Originally posted by Kynn View Post
        Not sure if this will post as I keep getting a pop up box today saying:

You have been banned for the following reason:
        No reason was specified.
        Date the ban will be lifted: Never

What the heck is going on?!! I can still log on and view my profile but when I go to post this pops up. Scary! Help. Tell me it's a board glitch or someone has hacked my account!

ETA - well looks as if this did post - but other times I get banned!

I got this message too yesterday and was so worried. I didn't think I'd done anything wrong and had no warning emails. I seem to be able to post now though.

Comment

I just joined yesterday. I had the same pop up this AM. I had made one simple comment on someone else's thread, and started a simple thread just to familiarize myself with the board. My thread was also deleted. Not sure what happened....

Comment

As several of us are getting this page on and off-I really hope there could be a temperary sticky thread atop the boards-explaining that it's not 'real'. As it is worrysome to read this message and not have a clue what's going!! I also was answering messages on my profile page-got a message I wanted to reply to-but it said "banned foevever' when I went to answer the new message!!... I sure hope it will be addressed in a bigger way than just on this board, until this apparent technical glitch is ironed out. ~JMO~ (edited to add-I really hope it's okay add to the other posts about this issue-on this board. As I don't want to break or disrespect any board rules!!!!!)
            Last edited by Tulip209; July 10, 2013, 07:10 PM.

Comment

I get this message all the time, but i can still log in.

Comment

I agree! It has been two days and the only board I can post on this one!

Originally posted by Tulip209 View Post
                As several of us are getting this page on and off-I really hope there could be a temperary sticky thread atop the boards-explaining that it's not 'real'. As it is worrysome to read this message and not have a clue what's going!! I also was answering messages on my profile page-got a message I wanted to reply to-but it said "banned foevever' when I went to answer the new message!!... I sure hope it will be addressed in a bigger way than just on this board, until this apparent technical glitch is ironed out. ~JMO~ (edited to add-I really hope it's okay add to the other posts about this issue-on this board. As I don't want to break or disrespect any board rules!!!!!)

Comment

You should be able to post on any of our boards regardless of the message (no one was ever actually banned - the message was a glitch).

Comment

It happened to me again today when I went to post a reply to a thread and got banned forever!

I'm thinking the glitch happens when you take too long between logging in and posting and the board automatically logs you out even though your status at the top of the board indicates you are logged in. I found that if I went back and logged in again there is an auto restore feature in the reply box which will bring back the post/reply you lost. A nuisance - but not as scary as it looks now I know it's happening to other people too! Thanks for sharing! I always thought I was a pretty law abiding citizen and for a moment there was doubting myself LOL!

Comment

Update:

The message appears only when someone tries to post while not logged on. The system is set up so that only registered users can post. We've fixed the glitch, so that you receive a clear message that you must log in or register BEFORE you post.
                      Liz
                      soapcentral.com

Questions? Comments? Please email me .

Comment

I am so glad I'm not the only one seeing this Banned Pop Up. It scared me at first. I was wondering why I was banned. I don't post here enough to be banned. I'm not a troll. Oh, well... I'm relieved knowing there's a glitch in the system. I hope the engineers fix the issue soon. Thanks.

Comment

I figured it out that it happens when the system automatically 'disconnects' you as someone mentioned above. I have logged in, read several threads and then go to post....and it happens......why does the system log you out so soon? Can't it be fixed so that you will stay logged in for longer than 15 minutes or however it is set? Sometimes it takes several minutes to formulate your thoughts before you write and then when you finish your post and try to post it, you have to log in again.....and the auto save does not always saved everything you wrote and you lose it. It is very frustrating.

Comment

Wow. had no clue there was a whole thread on this or that it was happening to so many others. I got this msg a couple months ago and i was like 'omg what did i do?' i logged out and logged back in and all was good so I thought it was a fluke. Then yesterday morning I went to post and got the exact same msg. IA. It's totally disconcerting when you first see that. This time i wasn't too worried. I logged out and back in and everything seemed fine. I think a couple posters above are right. Maybe it's when you've been logged in a while and haven't posted? I'll have to be aware of that. Cuz this time i had been logged in, had written a post and pushed the post button and that's when i received the "you have been banned" message. Can't remember if that's when the message came up a couple months back or not. Even tho it's scary at first (so I wouldn't wish for others to have this issue) I'm glad I'm not the only one encountering this. I actually just wrote a mod about it last night. I, luckily, did not run into the problem of actually not being able to post on the boards, as it seems others did. Logging out and then back in seems to solve it. Like others said, when you log back in there is a restore button if you were in the middle of a post. But my advice: if the banned message comes up when you go to post, hit copy before you log out, so your content is saved. Then upon logging back in, you aren't fully reliant on the auto-restore feature. Or, if you have a post you really like that you've spent time on and are afraid something will happen to it, copy and paste it to Word, so you'll have it on your computer. Then if you get booted off or some error message, you will still have your post.

Comment

I just had this happen. I could not understand how I could be banned for a post that had just posted.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X