Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got a green unapproved green gremlin on a completely ordinary and not provocative post. I deleted it.
    Would this happen if I transfer from my "android" tablet to my P.C. ?

Comment

• Moore ideas
      Moore ideas commented
      Editing a comment
      I honestly don't know, Rubythroat1. The problem is with vBulletin's overly active spam filter and posts/topics can be unapproved for "reasons" not obvious to we mortal human beings! Sometimes, it's triggered when making multiple edits, but otherwise there doesn't appear to be a consistent reason. And I say that, because posts that contain clear attempts to bypass the language filter successfully post, so I think it's just a totally random glitch in vBulletin's programming and changing to an android or PC may not help. But go ahead and try it, if you want to, and let us know if there was any improvement. And let us know!

• Rubythroat1
      Rubythroat1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Moore, I will......

Originally posted by viennagirl View Post
    I regularly get my posts flagged because I edit them too often (I still find a spelling mistake, want to change a wording......).

Just some minutes ago it happened again, when I wanted to do a review of a bonus scene and then probably edited my post twice in the matter of a few minutes.

Please, Is there no way to let it be allowed that posts can be edited for the next minutes when you have just posted them, instead of having them flagged?
    Me too ....I am just reading what Liz is saying. I guess we can't post too much....

Comment

Please understand that this is NOT within SOC's ability to fix. This is a flaw in vBulletin's programming, so it's not a matter of being "allowed", nor does it fall within some prohibitive site policy. This is a technical glitch that the moderators dislike as much as other posters do, because we're the ones who are flooded with notifications of flagged posts and we're the ones who have to review each individual flag, to determine whether it should be approved or removed. Believe me -- if it were within Dan's ability to fix this glitch, it would have been fixed two years ago!!

And yes -- I've had to "approve" some of my own randomly-flagged posts!
      Moore ideas
      SOC Moderator
      Please email me with questions or comments.

Dumbledore to Harry:
      "It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

Comment

I just got a green unapproved post in Jack and Sally age difference on #9 post. Not sure why.

Comment

• Moore ideas
          Moore ideas commented
          Editing a comment
          Please see earlier explanations for "unapproved" posts.

• Rubythroat1
          Rubythroat1 commented
          Editing a comment
          In my most current "greenie" it happened immediately after making a second attempt at correcting
          the grammar in a comment.

• Moore ideas
          Moore ideas commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, making edits seems to trigger the thing, and other times there just doesn't appear to be any logic as to why a post is identified as being problematic. Unfortunately, this isn't within SOC's ability to fix; it's vBulletin's and apparently they aren't interested in fixing the problem. With every new "upgrade" something else either breaks or a previously helpful function is removed. Believe me, it's as frustrating for the moderators as it is for posters! If your post goes green, go ahead and try again, without making any additional edits. If that doesn't work either, then be patient (the moderators are automatically notified of unapproved posts), and we'll eventually address the problem. If your second try is successful, the moderators will delete your first attempt. But greenies aren't as high a priority as flagged posts are, and we're already battling a bunch of technical glitches, so please be patient and don't try to notify us separately again though messaging or posting about the greenies. The system has already done that and we'll eventually get to it.

Is there a scheduled time of when posts stop being approved?

Comment

No scheduled time, it just depends on when one of the mods sees the post. When we log in we generally check for violations first and then look through the post approvals.
          JC
          SOC Moderator
          soapcentral.com
          Questions? Email me: JCmojoe81

Comment

Our priority is flagged topics and posts, because they're potential rule violations. If your post or comment is not approved, go ahead and try a second time, especially if you made an edit in the first try. Sometimes, that triggers the green monster! If the second try doesn't work, then just wait and we'll eventually take a look. I know it's frustrating, but if it's any comfort at all, some of my own posts have turned up green and I've had to approved those!
            Moore ideas
            SOC Moderator

Dumbledore to Harry:

Comment

Thank you! I appreciate the advice; I do like to edit

Comment

• JCmojoe81
                JCmojoe81 commented
                Editing a comment
                also, one other suggestion: Emojis can cause it to trigger the "approve" notification to the moderators as well. I just had to approve this post I am commenting on ironically, it could be because of the emoji use

What is the "Green Monster" and what are some examples of things that trigger it?
              There are a lot of things I don't know about the technical aspects of this forum.
              Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by PaintedPony View Post
                Twice now when I put a post in, I have been told that my post has been 'flagged for spam,' and would not appear until it was checked by a mod. Never heard from a mod and the post never appeared.

I was just replying to a post and certainly not spamming...anyone else?
                All my posts have to be approved. I am about to delete my account.

Comment

I wish we had a remedy, but it's vBulletin's issue to fix. All the moderators can to is to respond after the fact. ​​​​
                  Moore ideas
                  SOC Moderator

Dumbledore to Harry:

Comment

This spam filter on these boards are wonky

i get it’s a vbulletin/server thing but dang!

Comment

• Moore ideas
                      Moore ideas commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Well, I do have a bit of an update on this. One poster was just flat-out unable to post; every single post was being flagged for no apparent reason, so Dan fiddled with something and we're hoping that might help. Fingers crossed!

• Lady Killer
                      Lady Killer commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I don’t envy what you guys do! You kinda have to work around the servers the site is set on and that can be frustrating

Why am I being told I am unauthorized to view a thread. Especially when I started it?

Comment

Originally posted by Pa.Grannie View Post
                      Why am I being told I am unauthorized to view a thread. Especially when I started it?

most likely because the thread was deleted. Threads can be deleted for a variety of reasons: spoilers in a non-spoiler thread, actor bashing, bickering between posters, having too vague of a subject line. Basically anything that is against SOC's rules and guidelines would be pulled form the boards.

Link to Rules and Regulations:

https://www.soapcentral.com/soapcent...guidelines.php

If you have any questions regarding a specific thread or post deletions, you are always welcome to email myself or another moderator for assistance. You can see where to email us in each of our signatures where it says "email me". Post/thread deletions are not permitted to be discussed here or anywhere on the board, so if that is what happened, which I can only surmise based on the "unauthorized to view a thread" message you received, then it may have been pulled for some reason
                      JC
                      SOC Moderator
                      soapcentral.com
                      Questions? Email me: JCmojoe81

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X