This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GREEN unapproved posts/threads. [ALL discussion here, MERGED]

Why is one of my posts marked as unapproved?

It is shaded in green, different than other posts.

I guess it is not showing in the thread.

Twice now when I put a post in, I have been told that my post has been 'flagged for spam,' and would not appear until it was checked by a mod. Never heard from a mod and the post never appeared.

I was just replying to a post and certainly not spamming...anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by PaintedPony View Post
      Twice now when I put a post in, I have been told that my post has been 'flagged for spam,' and would not appear until it was checked by a mod. Never heard from a mod and the post never appeared.

I was just replying to a post and certainly not spamming...anyone else?
      Yes, in fact, it seems to happen when you try to edit a post and you are editing too fast, or you save and then realize you missed something and edit again. Both times it happened to me, it was when I was editing a post that was later approved.

I'm wondering if that will count as spam and give posters a reputation for spamming, which it shouldn't, but the reputation thing seems to be inconsistent and unreliable anyway.

Comment

Hi,

I haven't been able to submit any posts on this new board. When I type my post and submit it, it says that the post can be found on the "next page" and that it's "unapproved", but the post never shows up. Please help me understand what the problem is here.

Comment

This happened to me, too. When I went back to edit a second time, it flagged my post as spam.

Comment

Happened to me, twice when I was trying to edit. I don't like the implication that my posts are being marked as "spam". Maybe it is just a glitch in the new board.

Comment

Alozaps, I'm so sorry you're having a problem with your posts. If it continues to happen, please contact a moderator directly, through email, or by leaving a message for them. What's happening to you is that our spam filter is mistakenly flagging you for some reason and preventing your threads/posts from being seen until a moderator can make sure that you're not posting spam. This doesn't happen all that often, but does happen occasionally. (One of our moderators has been caught up in this a few times too!)

I hope you see my reply to your question now, because it was previously flagged for approval and I've now approved it. But please let us know if this keeps happening to you...
              Moore ideas
              SOC Moderator
              Please email me with questions or comments.

Dumbledore to Harry:
              "It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

Comment

How am I supposed to find the moderators on this board? I don't know what their names are, nor how to message them or find their email. I went to "Contact Us" and sent an email to the "forum administrator" about this, but I didn't get a response!

It's fine now though. This post went through right away, so I assume it has been fixed. I'll be back if I experience any more problems. Thanks.

Comment

I just mentioned something similar that's happened to me twice now. This time after I spent a good deal of time answering a post with a number of questions asked. When I went to Save it asked me for my password (is there a timer for answering posts?) and then when I went to change a typo and Save it said it was being sent for review for spam. Very frustrating especially in light of my just verifying I'm a user. Last time don't think my post ever got put up and now waiting to see what happens to this one. Is there some way the moderators/webmaster here can do something so this doesn't keep happening? Please.

Comment

I keep getting messages saying my post is unapproved

Comment

As I mentioned in an earlier thread on this topic (all threads now merged), it's a lingering glitch in our spam filter that occasionally mistakenly flags posts or threads as spam. We had this same problem occasionally on the previous version of the boards, so it did exist before the updates. The moderators will generally just go ahead and approve a thread that's been flagged, when we recognize that a known member of the site has posted an appropriate topic, but if your unapproved post is buried inside a thread that the moderators might not notice right away, please just go ahead and report the thread with a notation that your individual post has been inappropriately flagged as spam.
                      Moore ideas
                      SOC Moderator
                      Please email me with questions or comments.

Dumbledore to Harry:
                      "It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

Comment

Originally posted by kristendny View Post

Yes, in fact, it seems to happen when you try to edit a post and you are editing too fast, or you save and then realize you missed something and edit again. Both times it happened to me, it was when I was editing a post that was later approved.

I'm wondering if that will count as spam and give posters a reputation for spamming, which it shouldn't, but the reputation thing seems to be inconsistent and unreliable anyway.
                        I have learned fast...only edit ONCE...if you notice a mistake after your first edit and try to fix that, you get 'flagged for possible spamming.'

I don't know if there is a log kept, and one day I will be banned for being a 'serial spammer.'

So I have taken the safe route...come across as illiterate rather than be banned.

Comment

Originally posted by Moore ideas View Post
                          As I mentioned in an earlier thread on this topic (all threads now merged), it's a lingering glitch in our spam filter that occasionally mistakenly flags posts or threads as spam. We had this same problem occasionally on the previous version of the boards, so it did exist before the updates. The moderators will generally just go ahead and approve a thread that's been flagged, when we recognize that a known member of the site has posted an appropriate topic, but if your unapproved post is buried inside a thread that the moderators might not notice right away, please just go ahead and report the thread with a notation that your individual post has been inappropriately flagged as spam.
                          How does one Report the thread? I've been on other boards where there was a Report button on thread but didn't notice one on here. If this helps it was the Y &R board, thread was 'Express Your Opinion" and obviously my user name. Any chance it can be brought back?

FWIW this happened after an edit function. Painted Pony, guess we might have more illiterate people posting if a fix can't be found, loved your comment. I just hate having people think that soap viewers/fans are uneducated.

Comment

Originally posted by TunerEyes View Post

How does one Report the thread? I've been on other boards where there was a Report button on thread but didn't notice one on here. If this helps it was the Y &R board, thread was 'Express Your Opinion" and obviously my user name. Any chance it can be brought back?

FWIW this happened after an edit function. Painted Pony, guess we might have more illiterate people posting if a fix can't be found, loved your comment. I just hate having people think that soap viewers/fans are uneducated.
                            At the bottom of each post there are 3 buttons...Quote, Flag and Like. The Flag button is the report button. I think before the upgrade the button used to say Report.

*Scrutinizing each word I have written for errors, so I don't have to edit.

Comment

Tuner...the Express your Opinion thread is still there on the first page, if you're not seeing it there must be a glitch. Here is the link...

https://boards.soapcentral.com/forum...s-your-opinion

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X