Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to send a message to a member

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How to send a message to a member

    I have never known how to do this. I have received a few, but don't know the process of sending a private message.

  • #2
    okay, you should have a test message from me. what i did was click on your name, scroll down to where it says write something and type then hit post.

    Comment


    • #3
      it should say something like visitor message, at least that's how it works elsewhere...

      Comment


      • Rubythroat1
        Rubythroat1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you very much mb. I have no computer savvy.

    • #4
      Originally posted by mamabarri View Post
      okay, you should have a test message from me. what i did was click on your name, scroll down to where it says write something and type then hit post.
      I just tried that. Clicking on your name takes me to your page but there's no write-something there. No means of making a private message, that is.

      I went to the member list where there are links to private message for any member, but when I click on one it takes me to a you're-not-authorized page.

      I'm wondering if private messaging is now disabled...?

      Comment


      • Rubythroat1
        Rubythroat1 commented
        Editing a comment
        No. I've had private messages in the last two days. I just don't know how to do it.

    • #5
      you SHOULD see a box that looks just like the one you write in here, once you get down the page about halfway....it's under the area that says subscriptions..go past where it says activities...then you should see the posting box with the paperclip on the left, just like the regular posting box.
      ruby, are you able to reply to the message i sent you?

      Comment


      • Rubythroat1
        Rubythroat1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks so much mb--I'm like a newborn on the computer.

      • Rubythroat1
        Rubythroat1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Interesting mb---when I click on your name and file, there is no blue rectangle that says "Hide Users Communications".

    • #6
      Originally posted by mamabarri View Post
      you SHOULD see a box that looks just like the one you write in here, once you get down the page about halfway....it's under the area that says subscriptions..go past where it says activities...then you should see the posting box with the paperclip on the left, just like the regular posting box.
      ruby, are you able to reply to the message i sent you?
      I saw a blue line "Hide Users Customizations" and sent a message to Texas Tango. It remains public. I did not get your message, if it was private.

      Comment


      • #7
        okay, this is very weird...i need to do some research on this new format, i think. i know dan and moore are busy, so give me a week or 2 to suss this out.

        Comment


        • Rubythroat1
          Rubythroat1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Appreciate that mamab...........

      • #8
        Originally posted by mamabarri View Post
        you SHOULD see a box that looks just like the one you write in here, once you get down the page about halfway....it's under the area that says subscriptions..go past where it says activities...then you should see the posting box with the paperclip on the left, just like the regular posting box.
        ruby, are you able to reply to the message i sent you?
        Is this private messaging or will the communication be public?

        Comment


        • #9
          unfortunately, i can't answer that with any certainty right now, reesie, and i don't think the mods can either. there has been glitches in messaging since the hosting change, along with other glitches, so things change sometimes.
          dan and the others are doing their best to get it all ironed out, but real life DOES take precedence, and they also have to wait for the hoster to verify/approve fixes, as far as i know.
          in the case of my own board, it took almost a year to get things fixed and get permission to make our own fixes too, so i hope we can all try to be patient.

          Comment


          • #10
            Originally posted by mamabarri View Post
            unfortunately, i can't answer that with any certainty right now, reesie, and i don't think the mods can either. there has been glitches in messaging since the hosting change, along with other glitches, so things change sometimes.
            dan and the others are doing their best to get it all ironed out, but real life DOES take precedence, and they also have to wait for the hoster to verify/approve fixes, as far as i know.
            in the case of my own board, it took almost a year to get things fixed and get permission to make our own fixes too, so i hope we can all try to be patient.
            Thank-you for the response mamabarri.

            Comment


            • mamabarri
              mamabarri commented
              Editing a comment
              you're very welcome!

          Google Matched Content

          Collapse

          Bottom of Page

          Collapse
          Working...
          X