Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

CLOUDFARE Security Message

Over the past few days you may have received a "Checking if the site connection is secure" message when accessing the site. This is perfectly normal and not cause for alarm.

This message indicates that the server is confirming that the SSL (the "s" that you see in the https before web addresses) security is, in fact, secure. This is not some sort of advertisement and it is not some sort of nefarious hacking.

Cloudfare, which is a provide of web hosting and security, has recently added this layer of security on the Soap Central message boards platform as an added layer of security.

The message may occur any time that your browser makes a new connection to the boards. The message may also stop appearing at any time as the process is further integrated into the boards.
See more
See less

closing threads

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• closing threads

I just wanted to know why do they close a thread.. that is active and no arguing just opinion and some humor on it...

Threads are closed for a variety of reasons. They're closed when a thread has become overly large (over 200 posts), when a question has been asked and answered (what was the name of the actor who...?), and when it begins to deteriorate with too many rule violations. Also, live threads are normally closed shortly after a show has aired.
    Moore ideas
    SOC Moderator
    Please email me with questions or comments.

Dumbledore to Harry:
    "It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

Comment

my thread wasn't live, it was just a post.. about Fasten your seat belt Jasam reunion ... I made.... and it had a lot different opinions no one was fighting.. it was only 99 posts oh well it was fun while it lasted a few people made some humorous opinions and it was fun....

Comment

It was filled with violations. Please understand that non-moderators cannot see posts that have been removed, so there is no way for them to gauge. Once a thread becomes an ongoing problem for the mods, it will be closed.
        Moore ideas
        SOC Moderator

Dumbledore to Harry:

Comment

Originally posted by Moore ideas View Post
          It was filled with violations. Please understand that non-moderators cannot see posts that have been removed, so there is no way for them to gauge. Once a thread becomes an ongoing problem for the mods, it will be closed.
          Oh I didn't know I was in violations my sincere apologies... I meant no harm... Thank You for the Answer...

Comment

It wasn't you, J_Sam. It was an accumulation of violations by numerous other posters and replies to those violations that compounded the problem.
            Moore ideas
            SOC Moderator

Dumbledore to Harry:

Comment

Originally posted by Moore ideas View Post
              Threads are closed for a variety of reasons. They're closed when a thread has become overly large (over 200 posts), when a question has been asked and answered (what was the name of the actor who...?), and when it begins to deteriorate with too many rule violations. Also, live threads are normally closed shortly after a show has aired.
              Is there any way the live threads can be given more time to remain open? Reason I ask is that ai routinely record soap episodes and watch hiurs after they have ended and would like to comment or ask questions. Because they're closed, in order to do that, a new post needs to be started or I need to try and find a related post to make my comment.

Comment

Shoelover, the moderators are supposed to close the live threads within fifteen minutes of the show's airing, although sometimes we don't get the LTs closed quite that quickly. The LT is not meant to be a discussion thread, but is meant only to be a courtesy for posters who can't watch the show in real time, but who want to know what's happening. (They're at work and can't wait to get home to their recording?! ) Any questions or comments you have about the show, after you've had a chance to watch it later, should be placed in separate discussion topics that already exist or a new one not already being discussed that you're more than welcome to create yourself. We actually had to crack down on a couple of boards, because posters were disrupting the LTs with off-topic bickering about couples, etc., which is not the purpose of having the live thread at all, not to mention the fact that disruptive bickering isn't permitted in any other thread either!
                Moore ideas
                SOC Moderator

Dumbledore to Harry:

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡