Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When viewing your profile page.

I noticed that I had 'subscriptions,' but also one 'subscriber.' What is the difference? Both things seem the same to me.

It's just a guess on my part .. but .. I think "Subscriptions" are what used to be our "Friends".
    I haven't taken a look at that section yet .. maybe I'll get to it later today.

Comment

• Holly99
      Holly99
      Aspiring soap scribe
      Holly99 commented
      Editing a comment
      I just took a look around the Subscription stuff & they are all my Friends from the old set-up (which includes you, PaintedPony).
      Under the old Friends system .. if you sent someone a Friends request .. they may or may not accept the request .. so .. if they didn't accept your Friend request .. they would show up as a Contact on your Friends list & you would not appear on their Friends or Contacts info.
      So .. under this new system .. a Subscriber may be what Contact was under the old system.
      Holly99
      Aspiring soap scribe
      Last edited by Holly99; May 27, 2018, 09:30 PM. Reason: Typo

Originally posted by Holly99 View Post
    It's just a guess on my part .. but .. I think "Subscriptions" are what used to be our "Friends".
    I haven't taken a look at that section yet .. maybe I'll get to it later today.
    I was new to the board, and I don't remember having 'friends' or subscribers. I was just trying to learn how to navigate the system...then they went into this high tech MB and I was

I love the new improvements, and will get to understand how to use them...I just sometimes need a bit of help. Worse part is, some of the things I need help with are so glaringly obvious.

Comment

• Holly99
      Holly99
      Aspiring soap scribe
      Holly99 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, nooooooooooooooo!!
      I'm crushed .. .. 'cause you don't remember accepting my Friends request. (Lol lol)

• PaintedPony
      PaintedPony
      Board Regular
      PaintedPony commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sorry Holly...but do you remember back to when you were a newbie on this board? Don't know a soul, will they like what I say, or will they attack me?

The board confused me, but I did check my profile page and I do remember a request. But I didn't know you at that time, and wasn't sure what to do. Do I say 'no' and offend' someone or say yes....decisions, decisions....I chose 'yes.'

But I do you know you now and promise to not forget. (insert smilie here because I don't seem to have an option to put in a smilie. LoL

• Holly99
      Holly99
      Aspiring soap scribe
      Holly99 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes .. you were a Newbie when I sent you the Friends request.
      We had a really nice exchange on the Y&R forum (I think it was about Dina & Alzheimer's) & that's when I sent the Friends request.

P.S.
      If you know the keyboard symbols to make a smilie .. type them in and you'll get the smilie.
      The symbol for a smile is a : plus ) .. and this is what appears when I type them side by side ..
      And the symbols for a frown are : plus a ( .. and this is what you get when you type them side by side
      Holly99
      Aspiring soap scribe
      Last edited by Holly99; May 27, 2018, 10:06 PM. Reason: Added to Comment

and this ;plus) is a wink

Comment

Originally posted by mamabarri View Post
      and this ;plus) is a wink
      Thank you both...guess it's not hard to tell I was mouse trained, not keyboard trained.

Comment

somewhere i still have a whole list of them from the old ebay days when that was the only way o do them, i'll post it for you when i find it.

Comment

Originally posted by mamabarri View Post
          somewhere i still have a whole list of them from the old ebay days when that was the only way o do them, i'll post it for you when i find it.
          Thank you. ....(have to put dots in...MTS...Lol)

Comment

I just went on my profile and it's umm...hard. The last one was easy...I don't know, I have to get used to this. They need to get the Like Button back.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
            Working...
            X