Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• comment thing

What is it and how to use it?

Well, I was just about to show you what it looks like and explain how to use it, but it seems to be gone!
    Moore ideas
    SOC Moderator
    Please email me with questions or comments.

Dumbledore to Harry:
    "It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

Comment

• Moore ideas
      Moore ideas
      Look! Up in the sky! It's a Super Moderator!
      Moore ideas commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh wait -- I see the option in my reply, but I don't see the feature in your post. But this is what it does and what it looks like. Maybe it's another option to the edit option, so you can add another thought after you've posted.

• december rose
      december rose
      Soap Addict
      december rose commented
      Editing a comment
      It seems like the Comment option is not available in the original post of the thread.

Thanks, I've seen it within posts but wondered what is was for and how it was used.
    So it's like a postscript type of thing?

Comment

So now I'm seeing the feature in your post too. I think maybe it's an alternative option for replying to a post? As others have pointed out, though, it may not be quotable. Not sure... But it looks like it could be used either for adding another thought to your own post, or commenting directly inside another poster's post? It's a little bit difficult for me to know, because I have access to stuff other posters might not. Let's do a test, pjsoap, and see if you can post a comment in this post...
      Moore ideas
      SOC Moderator

Dumbledore to Harry:

Comment

• pjsoap
        pjsoap
        Contract Poster
        pjsoap commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, I can and have since commented to another post on a different board. I believe it's a way to comment on a post within it instead of having to make a new post using a quote.
        Thanks for helping to explain these things.

• tiff5555
        tiff5555
        Aspiring soap scribe
        tiff5555 commented
        Editing a comment
        And comment to you, pjsoap or just express how I feel.

From what I have observed .. the Comment feature is not shown on a thread's original post .. only the Quote & Flag are shown on the original post.

Comment

• pjsoap
        pjsoap
        Contract Poster
        pjsoap commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, it isn't an option in the original post of a thread. I guess because that is more of a statement, like a topic sentence, from what we all then talk about thereafter in posts within the thread.

Is there a way to "quote" and reply to someone's "comment"?

Comment

• Holly99
        Holly99
        Aspiring soap scribe
        Holly99 commented
        Editing a comment
        december rose
        Thanks for letting us know.
        I haven't been receiving Message notification for the Comments on this post .. I just keep returning to see if another Comment has been posted.

• pjsoap
        pjsoap
        Contract Poster
        pjsoap commented
        Editing a comment
        Holly99, I received some notifications of posts made within a thread I started but not for all of them.
        I'received a notice for your commenting but not one from december rose. Maybe with the comments it has to do with who commented last would receive a notice for the next.

• JNLrafamily
        JNLrafamily
        Executive Poster
        JNLrafamily commented
        Editing a comment
        pjsoap
        Contract Poster
        pjsoap unless you put and @ in front of the name you want to reply to, they won't get a direct notification of the message.

Originally posted by thecourt99 View Post
      Is there a way to "quote" and reply to someone's "comment"?
      I would also like to see an answer to your question. A couple of people have quoted my comments and posted their replies within the thread rather than as another comment to a post. I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out how they did that because I can't find an option to quote a comment.

Comment

• pjsoap
        pjsoap
        Contract Poster
        pjsoap commented
        Editing a comment
        Good question, I thought you just hit "quote" and then delete what you don't want left in your post. I tried it though and it didn't work.
        pjsoap
        Contract Poster
        Last edited by pjsoap; June 2, 2018, 03:21 PM.

• windchime
        windchime
        Recurring Poster
        windchime commented
        Editing a comment
        Hitting quote only shows the body of the post and does not quote any of the comments. I also tried selecting the comment by checking the box to the upper right of the comment and going to the Post Reply button, but that doesn't work either.

There is no quote icon in the comment windows, but you can respond to the comment you wanted to quote with a comment of your own underneath.
      Moore ideas
      SOC Moderator

Dumbledore to Harry:

Comment

• windchime
        windchime
        Recurring Poster
        windchime commented
        Editing a comment
        I recently used the quote button for someone who's comment I wanted to reply to. Then I erased the quoted part and pasted in the comment instead. It worked perfectly and looked like I had quoted their comment instead of their post.

• Holly99
        Holly99
        Aspiring soap scribe
        Holly99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Inventive .. aren't we .. Lol

• pjsoap
        pjsoap
        Contract Poster
        pjsoap commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, thanks windchime. I'll have to try that.

I've also discovered that if you click on your username in the top right of the pages and next on "user settings" and then on "notifications", you can check or uncheck whatever you choose for which to receive notifications.

Comment

• Holly99
        Holly99
        Aspiring soap scribe
        Holly99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes .. I explored that area the other day & set things up the way I want them.

You can recognize the difference between the two visually like this TellSubway. Comments will have the comment author’s name, email address, optional website link, and IP address listed along with their comment.
      Crimmins5
      Under-Five
      Last edited by Crimmins5; October 16, 2019, 06:45 AM.

Comment

I can't seem to use the smilies when I make a comment. They work only when I write a new post. Is there something I should be doing that I'm unaware of? If not, is there a way to fix this? Thanks!

Comment

• Holly99
          Holly99
          Aspiring soap scribe
          Holly99 commented
          Editing a comment
          To place smilies in your comment .. you have to do it manually.
          As in .. if you want to make a .. you have to place : and ) side by side (without a space) and you'll get the smile.
          If you hover over the smilies .. you can see what has to be input manually to place the different smilies in the comment section.

• July Baby
          July Baby
          Aspiring soap scribe
          July Baby commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you so much, Holly99! I just tried it and it worked! Thanks again!

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
      Working...
      X