Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like box has "disappeared"

The Like box no longer appears on posts.
    In its place is a "Comment" box .. which .. when I clicked on it .. had a space to post a comment.

This new "Comment" box .. will no doubt lead to problems for the Moderators .. 'cause I'm sure all of the comments will not be complimentary.

Please bring back the "Like" button. That was my favorite part about the new board and it cuts down on the "me too" posts.

Comment

What happened to the "like" button? It's been my absolute favorite new feature of the updated boards! Sometimes you really don't need to comment as much as just agree. I just noticed the "comment" button on this thread. How does this differ from using "quotes"? Hope this isn't a permanent change. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Maharet View Post
        Please bring back the "Like" button. That was my favorite part about the new board and it cuts down on the "me too" posts.
        I was about to ask the same thing! I love them as well!!!

Comment

My like button and the number of likes is gone too. I'm using Google Chrome and have Ad Guard on it. The reputation box, though, still remains.

Comment

I just tried to use the comment button, since the like button was there, but got a message that my comment is waiting for moderator approval. This isn't what I was expecting. I just wanted to 'like' the post with a comment. It seems more like the old report feature.

Comment

• Maharet
              Maharet commented
              Editing a comment
              Just testing to see if this comment thing works for me. ETA: It works and no moderation message for me.

• december rose
              december rose commented
              Editing a comment
              I used the Comment button on a couple of posts in the GH thread and did not receive any message for waiting for approval. My question is - once someone comments on my post, can I comment bacK? Will I know when someone comments?

• windchime
              windchime commented
              Editing a comment
              At the very top of my webpage, next to my log on box, there is a "Messages" box. I have been getting notifications of messages in that box when someone quotes or comments on my posts. It would be nice if the "Messages" button could stay visible even when you scroll down a page. I have to make sure I scroll back to the top of the page to see it.

The "Comment" box keeps "disappearing" & then reappears again.
            I wonder if Dan is working on this "area" of the board ..

Comment

It seems that some posters aren't seeing the like button and others are. I'm seeing both, and I've seen the comment button since the beginning. In fact, I actually used it by mistake, early on, when I wanted to reply to a post. I'll let Dan know that people aren't seeing everything...
              Moore ideas
              SOC Moderator
              Please email me with questions or comments.

Dumbledore to Harry:
              "It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

Comment

Thank-you, Moore ideas ..

Comment

The LIKE button is still completely gone on my (laptop) screen, too.

Originally posted by RitaMarshall View Post
                  I just noticed the "comment" button on this thread. How does this differ from using "quotes"? Hope this isn't a permanent change.
                  Instead of appearing as a new post containing a quote,

the comment is inserted right below the post being commented on.

A person would need to go back through the entire thread to read comments,

instead of conveniently being able to read a new post containing a quoted post.

I completely agree (hoping this isn't a permanent change).

Comment

• december rose
                    december rose commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You receive a notification in your <Messages when someone comments or posts in a thread that you have posted in.So, you don;t have to go back looking for anything.

The comment button has been here since the revamp, so it isn't a new thing or a replacement for replying normally. The quote button is still there too, so the comment button has nothing to do with that; just go ahead and quote as usual. To multiquote, you need to look to the top left of the page, after you've used the "quote" icon, and keep clicking the quote icon for every post you want to reply to, and then hit the peach tab that's appear at the top left. (There's actually a separate thread on this in TechTalk.)

When I accidentally used the comment button early on, I thought it was kind of cool, at first, but then I decided that it was probably less confusing to just reply normally...

I'm not sure why some people are seeing the like button and some aren't, but I'll let Dan know.
                  Moore ideas
                  SOC Moderator
                  Please email me with questions or comments.

Dumbledore to Harry:
                  "It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

Comment

I couldn't see the comment button before yesterday about the same time I stopped seeing the like button. Not sure how or why that happened but thought I'd state it in case it's helpful information.

Comment

Originally posted by Moore ideas View Post
                      The comment button has been here since the revamp, so it isn't a new thing or a replacement for replying normally. The quote button is still there too, so the comment button has nothing to do with that; just go ahead and quote as usual. To multiquote, you need to look to the top left of the page, after you've used the "quote" icon, and keep clicking the quote icon for every post you want to reply to, and then hit the peach tab that's appear at the top left. (There's actually a separate thread on this in TechTalk.)

When I accidentally used the comment button early on, I thought it was kind of cool, at first, but then I decided that it was probably less confusing to just reply normally...

I'm not sure why some people are seeing the like button and some aren't, but I'll let Dan know.
                      Thanks for checking in on this! I'm guessing we don't all see the same features. For me, the flag, like, and quote buttons have been there since the revamp. The comment button and feature (as far as others' posts) didn't appear until yesterday. When the like button disappeared I actually I thought I was logged out at first because I could still see how many likes a post has gotten (and still can), just not by who. Do you happen to know if this is just a glitch or a feature update?

Comment

I still don't see a like button. However, we now are all created equal and are now collectively referred to as a "soap fan" on the poster bars. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Moore ideas View Post
                          It seems that some posters aren't seeing the like button and others are. I'm seeing both, and I've seen the comment button since the beginning. In fact, I actually used it by mistake, early on, when I wanted to reply to a post. I'll let Dan know that people aren't seeing everything...
                          Still no like button. And what’s with the number of posts showing on the profile banner? I had close to 300 posts and then jumped back to zero and I went back to “under-five status. Will the like button ever return?​​​​​

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X