Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've Figured Out How to Multi-quote

Just click on the quote icon for all the posts you want to quoted and then look at the top left hand side of the page and you'll see a button that says "Post Reply" and a number in parenthesis equal to the number of posts you're quoting, example: Post Reply (3). Just click on that button and it will add all the quotes you're wanting to quote. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Maharet; 04-22-2018, 06:57 PM. Reason: Edited to fix directional error.

Thanks for your answer! I will say though, my "Post Reply" button is at the top LEFT hand side of the page, not the right. Just in case anyone might be facing that same issue. But again, thank you for helping, it sure helped me figure it out!

Comment

Originally posted by Beca Drags View Post
      Thanks for your answer! I will say though, my "Post Reply" button is at the top LEFT hand side of the page, not the right. Just in case anyone might be facing that same issue. But again, thank you for helping, it sure helped me figure it out!
      Doh! Dyslexia strikes again. Thanks, I'll fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Maharet View Post

Doh! Dyslexia strikes again. Thanks, I'll fix it.
        No problem, LOL I just thought maybe it was showing up at the right hand side for YOU. Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by Beca Drags View Post

No problem, LOL I just thought maybe it was showing up at the right hand side for YOU. Thanks again!
          Nah, it's an ongoing problem for me. I sometimes say left when I mean right and vice versa. You're welcome, glad to help.

Comment

Just click on the quote icon for all the posts you want to quoted and then look at the top left hand side of the page and you'll see a button that says "Post Reply" and a number in parenthesis equal to the number of posts you're quoting, example: Post Reply (3). Just click on that button and it will add all the quotes you're wanting to quote. Hope this helps.
            OMG!! You are my favorite person right now!! Thank you for figuring this out!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CallAboutTheCat View Post

OMG!! You are my favorite person right now!! Thank you for figuring this out!!!!!

Had to try it myself. Thanks!!!

Comment

Doesn't work for me. As soon as I cclickon quote, the reply box opens up

Comment

Originally posted by december rose View Post
                  Doesn't work for me. As soon as I cclickon quote, the reply box opens up
                  Yeah, it does that, don't worry. Just keep clicking on quotes until you've selected all the ones you want to quote then click on "Post Reply ( )" in the upper left and all the quotes will be added; there will be a number in the parenthesis reflecting how many quotes are selected.

Comment

Bumping for bipalova

Comment

Yeah, it does that, don't worry. Just keep clicking on quotes until you've selected all the ones you want to quote then click on "Post Reply ( )" in the upper left and all the quotes will be added; there will be a number in the parenthesis reflecting how many quotes are selected.
                      Thanks Maharet! And thanks for bumping. The thing is, the multi quote thing didn't work for me even after I followed the directions.

Comment

Thank you, Maharet. I was wondering if this site had the option.

Comment

Originally posted by bipalova View Post
                          the multi quote thing didn't work for me even after I followed the directions.
                          Multi quote isn't working for me, either.

The first time I click on 'quote', the quote appears in the reply box.

Then, when I click on 'quote' again (to quote another post, too), nothing happens.

And then when I go to the top of the screen and click 'Post Reply', only the first post I quoted is in the reply box.

Sometimes I've accomplished posts with the look of 'multi quote', by quoting one post, copying the quote, and then starting over and quoting another post, and pasting in the first post.

But that method is tedious and inefficient, and for the most part, I've just gone back to making additional posts if I want to quote more than one post.

Comment

Here's how I explained it to bipalova in a thread on the GH board, and she got it to work!

The multipquote feature is still here, but things are in slightly different places. Here's what you do:

1. Click onto the quote icon of the first post you want to quote. Now, look up to the top left corner of your screen. You should see a peach-colored tab that says "Post Reply (1)".

2. Click onto the quote icon of the second post you want to quote. The peach tab should now say "Post Reply (2)".

3. When you've finished selecting all your quotes, please edit them down, write your replies and then post as usual.

The first quote will show up in a new post window, but just keep clicking until you're ready to post.
                            Moore ideas
                            Moderator, Soap Central Message Boards
                            Please email me with questions or comments.

"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

Comment

Moore, I was trying to "like" your post, but... Is anyone else missing the "like" feature? It seems to have disappeared on me.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X