Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignore Feature [MERGED]

Where did the ignore feature go, before I say something really rude to someone please and thank you.

I was wondering the same thin

Comment

Here's how to ignore people: Click your name at the top-right of the screen and then click User Settings. In the User Settings page, click the Account tab. Scroll to the very bottom of the page, and there's the ignore list. You can start typing the person's user name and it should auto-complete after a few seconds (so hopefully you don't have to type the whole thing). Then be sure to click Save Changes.

Comment

Originally posted by CallAboutTheCat View Post
        Here's how to ignore people: Click your name at the top-right of the screen and then click User Settings. In the User Settings page, click the Account tab. Scroll to the very bottom of the page, and there's the ignore list. You can start typing the person's user name and it should auto-complete after a few seconds (so hopefully you don't have to type the whole thing). Then be sure to click Save Changes.
        Thanks! You're a gem!

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey_Sour View Post

Thanks! You're a gem!
          No problem! Happy ignoring! I know it's saved me some mental distress.

(But I hope you don't ignore my posts. I enjoy yours although I don't always agree with them!)

Comment

No problem! Happy ignoring! I know it's saved me some mental distress.

(But I hope you don't ignore my posts. I enjoy yours although I don't always agree with them!)
            Likewise! I'd never ignore you Cat <3 I don't mind disagreement, but sometimes when you just start going in circles and people are not treating the posts you are making with honesty and in the sprite in which they are intended, it is best to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey_Sour View Post

Likewise! I'd never ignore you Cat <3 I don't mind disagreement, but sometimes when you just start going in circles and people are not treating the posts you are making with honesty and in the sprite in which they are intended, it is best to move on.
              Oh definitely, I gotcha.

Comment

The ignore feature doesn't seem to accomplish the purpose, since if someone quotes someone you have on ignore, you'll see a post anyway in someone else's post.

Comment

Originally posted by Beca Drags View Post
                  The ignore feature doesn't seem to accomplish the purpose, since if someone quotes someone you have on ignore, you'll see a post anyway in someone else's post.
                  True, but that was a problem with the old site as well.

And I noticed the thing this does differently is if you've ignored someone, you literally don't see any evidence that their posts are even there. On the old site you'd see a message, "This post is hidden because you've ignored So and So," so you knew it was there and could read it if you just couldn't help yourself. But now you don't even know it's there. It even changes the post count of the thread. If you view the thread anonymously it will have 10 posts, for example, but if you're logged in as yourself and the person you ignored wrote 2 posts, the thread only has 8 posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Beca Drags View Post
                    This is true, but I'm not sure anything can be done to fix that. Essentially, the quote is being seen as "new text" being made by the poster who's using the quote.

It even changes the post count of the thread. If you view the thread anonymously it will have 10 posts, for example, but if you're logged in as yourself and the person you ignored wrote 2 posts, the thread only has 8 posts.
                    YAY! That's great... As a moderator, I can't ignore anyone -- I have to see the good, the bad and the YIKES!! -- so I'm fairly clueless about the pros and cons of the ignore feature!
                    Moore ideas
                    Look! Up in the sky! It's a Super Moderator!
                    Last edited by Moore ideas; April 23, 2018, 12:16 PM.
                    Moore ideas
                    SOC Moderator
                    Please email me with questions or comments.

Dumbledore to Harry:
                    "It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

Comment

I'm still seeing posts from people I've put on ignore. Could this please be made better.

Comment

Originally posted by Moore ideas View Post
                        YAY! That's great... As a moderator, I can't ignore anyone -- I have to see the good, the bad and the YIKES!! -- so I'm fairly clueless about the pros and cons of the ignore feature!
                        You could make a fake account just to practice. It's helpful when the mods know the features well. You've and the others have been very helpful. I was just offering a tip.
                        I like that there's still an ignore feature. I believe there's some that enjoy the negativity which is now poplar in the media but it just isn't for me. The ignore button helps all co-exist much better.

Comment

I try to do this but when I push save changes a message pops up and says e-mail does not match, what is that about?

Comment

How do we block, or ignore someone?

Comment

So glad I came here to view the tech talk.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X