Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To The Moderator/Administrator RE: User Name (Merged)

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To The Moderator/Administrator RE: User Name (Merged)

Hi, I recently registered under the name of Fantastic58.

My question is: If all the newcomers are assigned names (found under the User Name next to the avatar) by other members acting as moderators; then why is the name under my username "Lurking In The Shadows?" I read in the FAQ's that usually newcomers are called Newcomers.

I am new and don't want any trouble. I just want to enjoy myself. I find "Lurking In The Shadows" somewhat offensive. Is this someone's idea of a joke? If it is, please share it with me.

Thank you,

Fantastic58
    Newcomer

I am not a moderator nor am I an administrator, but once you make a certain number of posts, you get bumped up to another title.

Comment

As you acquire more posts, your ''status'' changes. Only the owner of the site (Dan Kroll) knows those numbers or ''tiers.''

Comment

The titles are for fun, and change with the length of time that you're on the board and with your increasing number of posts. As newattitude said, only SOC's owner knows the formula, and he makes up funny titles that relate either to soap watching or to posting on forums (such as "lurking in the shadows"). One of the all-time favorites is "I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me".
        Moore ideas
        SOC Moderator
        Please email me with questions or comments.

Dumbledore to Harry:
        "It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

Comment

i think the magic number is 40 posts before it changes

Comment

Thank you all so very much for your responses!! I am relieved. I thought there was someway to choose the status name until I read in FAQ's that the names are assigned. I was a great fan of the "Dark Shadows" soap back in the day, LOL and would have "lurked" in the shadows w/Jonathon Frid anytime. Ha, ha, ha!.

Once again, thank you all.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantastic58 View Post
              I was a great fan of the "Dark Shadows" soap back in the day, LOL and would have "lurked" in the shadows w/Jonathon Frid anytime. Ha, ha, ha!.

Once again, thank you all.
              HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

You're very welcome, and please don't ever hesitate to contact a board moderator with questions about site policies, etc. That's what we're here for.

Happy posting!
              Moore ideas
              SOC Moderator
              Please email me with questions or comments.

Dumbledore to Harry:
              "It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

Comment

general soap central boards question

hi I noticed the title under my name soapfan72 has changed from day player so what are the number of posts that are needed for the titles to change under your username?

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X