Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just a thought to the boards, but what if there was a "like" button?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a thought to the boards, but what if there was a "like" button?

I come across a lot of posts I think are great, hilarious, or they make an awesome point. A lot of times I have nothing further to add, so to acknowledge this peron, you have to post, then do the MTS thing if you are just saying "hey, great post!" lol. Why take up the space??

Maybe call it ITA or whatever (don't want to infringe on other's domain lol). What do you guys think?

I have wondered the same thing

Comment

Great idea! (MTS MTS sigh, MTS)

Comment

i think its a good idea..but it could be very complicated to do that, couldnt it? ( i am pretty E-literate!) but on a side note, if space is that precious maybe some of defunct shows forums could be combined, such as AW, Passions and Port Charles? those 3 have been gone the longest. and then maybe as time goes by GL and ATWT turns would be added and so on.

Comment

Space is precious, that's the reason mods do all the merged threads when we post same topics. But it wouldn't be that complicated.

However, I wouldn't want to see a bunch of threads with one person's cool thought and a bunch of "ITA's" though,and no comments!!! What's fun about the boards, at least for me, is seeing everyone's ideas and perspective about what is going on.

Comment

^^Um, wasnt it your idea to do the like button?

LOL

Comment

^^^^

lol.....but I don't think that would happen. We all have too much to say! I kinda added that as an after thought!
              Last edited by islandgal11; June 30, 2012, 09:45 AM.

Comment

I don't want to be a Negative Nellie ...but I think that "like" button is one of THE MOST annoying things about facebook. I like our site the way it is...I like posting and responding to other's posts, that's the fun of it for me...but to each his own .

Comment

i WISH there was that option on this board as well.

Comment

We are hooked up to Facebook for all of our news and articles, but not the boards, which use a template system that may not offer any sort of "like" button, FB or otherwise.

That said, I'll let Dan know you asked.

Comment

Thanks Pop!!

But I would not want boards linked to facebook!! That wasn't the intention at all, just a "ya, I agree" button ( the idea coming from fb).
                      If it has to be linked to facebook, then my vote would be forget it.

Comment

LIKE. LIKE. LIKE. LIKE. LIKE. (Enough characters?)

Comment

Originally posted by bogylove View Post
                          I don't want to be a Negative Nellie ...but I think that "like" button is one of THE MOST annoying things about facebook. I like our site the way it is...I like posting and responding to other's posts, that's the fun of it for me...but to each his own .
                          Me too. I like reading the comments and opinions. A simple 'like' doesn't tell me what others are thinking or feeling about the comments posted. My vote is no against a button for like.

Comment

I think seeing MTS MTS all the time is annoying. If people have something to say, they say it. However, sometimes just a high five says it all.
                            Sometimes less is more.

Comment

I think it would be nice to have a like button. I love reading responses and what others are thinking. Sometimes the people on here come up with stuff that is just so creative, funny, thought provoking and you wish you could acknowledge it without having to quote it just to say I agree ect. I wouldn't want to be linked to fb either. It would just be cool if there was some type of feature like a thumbs up/like ect. I wouldn't want a thumbs down though. I think that would just get too negative.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X