Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridgerton

Anyone watch Bridgerton by Shonda Rhimes?! There's only 8 episodes and if you're missing the romance and sex on soaps, you gotta watch this. Pretty steamy stuff though!

Yes,I enjoyed it, and hope we get more! The lead characters had great chemistry!

Comment

• notronaj
      notronaj
      Board Regular
      notronaj commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought the season was GREAT. Such chemistry for sure. I will also watch for an announcement that they are filming again.

Same! I'm excited for the second season! There is no way they wouldn't continue it since it seems rather popular. Not sure how covid will affect it though! Will be interesting to see how involved Simon and Daphne will be in the second season since the second book focuses on Anthony.

Comment

I didn't care for it at first. The characters were loud and obnoxious. They reminded me of the evil stepmother and stepsisters on the version of Cinderella with Leslie Ann Warren and Stuart Damon.

However, I felt so sad for the boy with the horrible father who grew up to be the Duke. I loved him. He was my favorite character and I loved watching him dance with Daphne. They were so cute together and that's when I realized that I could not tear myself away from this show.

I was also crying for Miranda, who fell in love with the soldier and found herself pregnant and alone in a society that does not tolerate unwed mothers.

Comment

I read an interesting article that stated the belief that Daphne raped Simon by not letting go of him as he was saying 'no' and she wasn't letting him withdraw. It said that this was more obvious in the book than the series, but I didn't read the book. I'd love your thoughts.

Comment

• delamik
          delamik
          Lurking in the Shadows
          delamik commented
          Editing a comment
          I read the same thing after I watched the series so I went and read the book and it's so much worst in the book. She take advantage of him when he's drunk! So it definitely got glossed over and I don't think it would have it was a male character doing it to a female character. Is it bad that I still like the series though??

Today, I would call what she did reproductive rape. She knew he didn't want children and when she found out how conception worked, physically wouldn't let him pull out.

Even though his vow was stupid, he let her know before they married that there would be no children and she agreed to that.

Good series!

Comment

For me as soon as I saw the scene, I said to myself "but it's a rape", if it had been a woman everyone would have said it was, but since he's a man, many viewers have find apologie. Why this double standard between men and women on so many subjects, like a man cannot be raped, beaten by a woman, or cannot be anorexic.

Comment

Please explain to me how this is rape when they are 99 % through the sexual encounter.
            Now reverse it, the rape actually starts when the male penetrates
            btw it's a good show, still trying to figure out the mystery the little sis is after
            tosh
            Board Regular
            Last edited by tosh; February 18, 2021, 12:13 PM.

Comment

• delamik
              delamik
              Lurking in the Shadows
              delamik commented
              Editing a comment
              It's rape because consent can be withdrawn at any time during a sexual encounter. So on the show he was saying wait and she did not wait.

• tosh
              tosh
              Board Regular
              tosh commented
              Editing a comment
              You actually think a case just like what you said can hold up in a real court .
              Lets say they going at it for hmm 10 minutes, then at the last seconds it's a rape ?

I haven't read the books this series is based on. Disappointed to hear the Duke of Hastings won't be in Season 2.

Comment

He made the show for me. I haven't read the books, but read an article to say that each book is about the romance of a different sibling or character, so I suppose his story was over, with the happy ending. I read that the actor only signed a one-year contract. I suppose no one realized what a cult favorite this would become.

Comment

And there you have it, no reason at all the follow the books down to the T.
                The 100 show runner didn't follow the books all the way and they had like 5 or 6 good seasons.
                I think the show will have a huge drop off now, Duke & Daphne had the show on fire.
                It always amaze me how some show runners don't think outside the box just follow the books

Comment

I saw the entire first season. The rest will be without me because I didn't like this series, too bad because Anthony was the only one I liked.

I'm happy that René-Jean Page goes away from the series, I discovered this actor in "For the people", he deserves better, more ambitious projects, than a period Gossip girl. I have the impression that his character was there only to show off his beautiful body.

I'm surprised that Shonda Rhimes who made the excellent Scandal, HGAWM, The Catch, For the people, was able to do this series). sorry for the fans.

And the rape story bothered me, a man gets raped, but everyone finds that normal.

Comment

• believeinme246
                    believeinme246
                    Aspiring soap scribe
                    believeinme246 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It's funny that you say that because I didn't particularly care for the show or most of the characters who I found loud and obnoxious, but I loved his character and his beauty.

I didn't read the books, so didn't think of the pregnancy story as rape, but in hindsight, it educated me when listening to the discussions outside the show.

I don't know whether I'll continue on. I may try, but I found it a bit over the top. I'm curious about the woman who found herself pregnant and the father killed in combat.

Renewed for Seasons 3 and 4.

Comment

Season 2 will premiere on March 25t.

Comment

So without Daphne & Duke what will the show be about

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X