Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kahinamah View Post

The making of this episode by Elisabeth Moss was amazing.

But where are the police, the army, the president, the minister of Canada, it is all well and good to create associations, but one moment the country must act, they have at the door of their border a crime against humanity.
    So it is June who creates and does any form of attack from the inside.

I hope that now it will move forward because the stroke of getting caught, then escaping, 10 times in 4 seasons it becomes redundant.

I love the show, but i am frustrated.
    Everything you said.

Let me add something about Moss: she is sooo good in this because it is exactly what Scientology is and would become if left to their own devices. It's cathartic for her because she can never leave and will give "millions" (as Leah Remini lost) to them and is basically their captive. JMHO.

Comment

• Betsey
      Betsey commented
      Editing a comment
      The fact that Elizabeth Moss is a Scientologist and is the lead in this show is so baffling to me. This show IS Scientology and everything it represents. How can she still be a part of that cult after acting these brutal scenes and seeing the suffering of what extreme religious groups can do and still condone her own religion?? Its quite hypocritical.

Oh, I got a free month of Hulu!

Comment

How interesting. I didn't recognize the tie-in about Moss and Remini. I always thought that the story was a pushback to the religious resurgence in government, not a specific movement.

What did you all think of the scene between Joseph and Aunt Lydia this week? I don't understand him at all. I think that he was trying to psych her out into changing her ways by telling her that she isn't well liked, whereas June is. However, he also said do what you want with the girl. I was hoping that he thought that by acting this way, she would NOT do what she wanted with the girl, but he could have also been trying to change Lydia while not outing that he is part of the resistance as well. The scene between Lydia and 'the girl' was heartbreaking. I'll withhold a name so as not to give away too much to anyone who hasn't yet seen the episode.

Comment

• namers
        namers commented
        Editing a comment
        That's why it's important that Americans watch her series. Scientology is like North Korea on American soil. She is exceedingly lucky to be able to do/say/feel things that are taboo IRL.

Originally posted by believeinme246 View Post
      How interesting. I didn't recognize the tie-in about Moss and Remini. I always thought that the story was a pushback to the religious resurgence in government, not a specific movement.

What did you all think of the scene between Joseph and Aunt Lydia this week? I don't understand him at all. I think that he was trying to psych her out into changing her ways by telling her that she isn't well liked, whereas June is. However, he also said do what you want with the girl. I was hoping that he thought that by acting this way, she would NOT do what she wanted with the girl, but he could have also been trying to change Lydia while not outing that he is part of the resistance as well. The scene between Lydia and 'the girl' was heartbreaking. I'll withhold a name so as not to give away too much to anyone who hasn't yet seen the episode.
      I hope that in the end this "girl" kills Lydia, that that would be ironic.

For Joseph does not reveal himself in front of Aunt Lydia, she could use it against him, finally he has to be very careful, but he has always been very gray as a character, so he may have a plan.

I notice that June did not say when she arrived in Canada that Joseph had helped her with all her children saved !! He did most of the work with June though.

Comment

June do not trust that doll. Put it through a metal detector. Check for a listening device inside it. Do not trust anything from Nick, he who slips his ring back on after you leave. What's his fantasy? Having you become the handmaid to him and his wife?

Comment

• namers
          namers commented
          Editing a comment
          It reminded me of a voodoo doll. I don't understand why he wouldn't just leave and be with his daughter?

• Betsey
          Betsey commented
          Editing a comment
          YES!! I still do not trust Nick. I screamed at the tv "NOOO" when Luke suggested that June meet Nick in person!! Then I was on pins and needles for their whole encounter thinking Nick was going to kidnap June and Nicole and bring them back to Gilead! Although he didn't, I do not trust him, I think his loyalties will always lie with Gilead.

• namers
          namers commented
          Editing a comment
          He's like the least religious person there so I don't get it.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
      Working...
      X