Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I've finally caught up and what a WOW. Terrific show and a very touching ending..........loved it and

Comment

I'm really glad that the story was resolved. It was very psychologically scary. It was an old fashioned thriller that didn't need ax murders or tons of gore for effect. It was truly in the mind. I like how the story resolved and gave peace to the characters. If this were a lifetime show, those who stayed there would run for their lives as we'd look back to see that the evil was still within. Here, the story came to closure. The writers did an excellent job.

Comment

• Penelope P
        Penelope P commented
        Editing a comment
        Very well said believeinme246.

Is this a remake of "The Haunting" you're talking about?

Comment

it's based on that story, VERY loosely, so i suggest that you start watching as if you are completely new to ANY version of the story. i was quite peeved at first, but i gave it a chance and really enjoyed it!

Comment

Interesting little fact: The Director Mike Flanagan is married to Kate Siegel who played Theodora on the show.

Comment

• Rubythroat1
            Rubythroat1 commented
            Editing a comment
            It must be related to Shirley Jackson, if there's a "Theo"! I'll
            see if I can get it!

don't you just LOVE the weird little trivia facts you can find on our shows?

Comment

loved every episode, this show was awesome on so many levels.
            JC
            Moderator, AMC Forum
            soapcentral.com
            Questions? Email me: JCmojoe81

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope P View Post
              Flashing between past and present, a fractured family confronts haunting memories of their old home and the terrifying events that drove them from it.

Starring: Michiel Huisman, Carla Gugino, Timothy Hutton
              This series will start on October 12th on Netflix and it's just up my alley. There are several clips previewing it.
              Is this any relation to the original novel by Shirley Jackson? And the original movie with Julie Harris, Claire Bloom et al...?

Comment

• Penelope P
                Penelope P commented
                Editing a comment
                As mamabarri mentioned, it's based VERY loosely on that story. I'm sure you will enjoy this version Rubythroat1.

• Natural blonde
                Natural blonde commented
                Editing a comment
                Penelope P, I have watched a few episodes, will binge watch the rest this weekend. So far my heart is breaking for the kids, especially Luke and Nell. I read one of the kids played Faith on YR. I haven't spotted her yet.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
            Working...
            X