• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CassadineSon
    Soap Addict
    • Apr 2009

Riverdale....[MERGED]

Come on!! If you like twisted secrets and small towns with deep dark secrets, you should be watching!!! This is NOT the Archie Comics you read as a kids. This is more Archie through a Twin Peaks lens!!

Give it it a watch!!!!!!!
  • Rubythroat1
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jan 2014

^^^ I read the critique in the Toronto Star, which described the show the same way. I wondered if it was Canadian since Toronto has "Riverdale". I'll check it out anyway.

Comment

• believeinme246
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Jan 2015

Is anyone else enjoying Riverdale? I liked first season more. This season is a bit too dark for me. Chick is creepy and I even wonder whether he is the stalker killer who has been after Betty. I don't like Veronica's father being a mob boss and her not realizing that he's not a good guy, although he's her father. However, I see Archie as being put in danger because of their relationship. I could see a rival hurting him to get to the family.

Regardless, this show is a lot of fun and I love to see my favorite characters from childhood coming to life on screen.

Cheryl is my favorite character, and then I put Betty and Jughead tied for second. Archie is supposed to be the star and is supposed to be a cool high school jock, but he comes across like one of the Beach Boys to me.

Aside from Archie and Jughead, everyone else has some seriously messed up parents, from Veronica to Betty, and especially to Cheryl.

Poor Cheryl. What a horrible family she has. I love her lines. She reminds me of Cordelia from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I want her make-up artist for myself!

Comment

• Whitney1691
        Senior Board Member
        • Oct 2015

I love Riverdale and have been enjoying it and you are right Chick is very creepy. Chick does seem like the type that will turn out to be a stalker and I think Archie will end up in danger because of Veronica's father. I love Betty and Jughead they are tied for first as my favorite characters but I also love Cheryl. This is a wonderful show and I can't wait to see more of it.

Comment

• believeinme246
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Jan 2015

The musical last night was a lot of fun, but that last scene - creepy, much. I still think it's Chick.

Comment

• Emerald Greens
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Feb 2006

I wish Veronica's parent would go away. Worst characters ever. I did like Veronica calling them Boris and Natasha !lol

Archie,Archie,Archie will you ever learn?!

Jughead is probably my favorite along with Veronica and Betty. I am glad his father pulled Jughead away from that mess but of course it won't be the last one.

Comment

• believeinme246
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Jan 2015

Wow this last episode was way too dark and creepy for me. There was a lot of plot advancement, though.

I didn't believe that they had caught the right guy previously, so wasn't surprised to hear the lollipop song again. I don't know why Betty doesn't change her ring tone!

The only thing is that I thought that the figure was really Chick, yet we saw that he was tied up in the basement. I don't know whether the person Betty turned him over to was the real killer, or someone who she had dress up as him to scare him into leaving them alone.

It was so sad about her real brother.

Meanwhile, Veronica has the most miserable parents ever. I understand not paying the ransom, but they weren't looking to help Archie at all. I was very upset that Veronica was going to give herself to that creep to get Archie back, and am so glad that she turned the tables on him.

The thing that I didn't understand is that last time around, Betty learned that she couldn't do this alone and got others involved about the killer. Now, she's trying to handle it alone again, like at the beginning of the season. The show almost seems to have moved backwards.

Regardless, Jughead and Betty are my faves and I love love love Cheryl's lip colors!

Comment

• Emerald Greens
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Feb 2006

I actually liked Veronica's mother early on but as it got closer to her father getting out of prison she changed .I'm glad Veronica doesn't let it get her down. I like how she takes what she's learned from them but does better with it. She is good with figuring things out for herself.

Shows like this often do the two steps forward one step back thing .I guess so things don't change too much too fast. Betty rather shocked me in how she handled it basically handing him over to a killer but I know the options were limited but good point maybe she was just scaring him away. One thing is I don't know if I completely trust that her brother is dead.

Yes this show has a creepy tone to some episodes more than others .

Comment

• believeinme246
                  Aspiring soap scribe
                  • Jan 2015

I bet it was a Southsider dressed up as the killer. It's just my gut. I don't see Betty as someone who would kill except in self defense.

Comment

• Emerald Greens
                    Aspiring soap scribe
                    • Feb 2006

I read about the theory her dad is the killer. I saw the look on her face when he wasn't at home as if it clicked with her that is why the killer wouldn't harm her. I don't know it could be a deliberately misleading clue .

Comment

• believeinme246
                      Aspiring soap scribe
                      • Jan 2015

Wow. That would be CRAZY. Her father looks like your typical all-American boy Quarterback, but he does always play the bad guy on crime shows. It could be.

Comment

• Whitney1691
                        Senior Board Member
                        • Oct 2015

I have also read that it could be her dad. I don't know it seems like he is never around when the black hood comes around So I do think their is a chance that he is the killer and even Betty looked like she figured out that it could be him.

Comment

• Emerald Greens
                          Aspiring soap scribe
                          • Feb 2006

Yes we can't be sure yet but I think it's possible he's the killer. To some he's too bland to be the one but that kind of makes it iideal . Betty may try to find out for sure.
                          Last edited by Emerald Greens; May 10, 2018, 12:09 AM.

Comment

• Emerald Greens
                            Aspiring soap scribe
                            • Feb 2006

Is Veronica’s dad on his way out? One can hope?

Will Jughead make it? I don’t see Riverdale with out him

Not surprised about Betty’s dad but I think he’ s wrong about Betty .

Always have Cheryl in your team!

Comment

• Whitney1691
                              Senior Board Member
                              • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Emerald Greens View Post
                              Is Veronica’s dad on his way out? One can hope?

Will Jughead make it? I don’t see Riverdale with out him

Not surprised about Betty’s dad but I think he’ s wrong about Betty .

Always have Cheryl in your team!
                              I agree I can't see Riverdale without Jughead I always thought their was a chance it was Betty's dad that was the black hood. I love Cheryl can't wait to see what happens on the finale next week.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X