• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sumance
    Day Player
    • Sep 2023

I intensely dislike Devon!

I have never liked him. Therefore, I am team Jill and Billy on this one. It's Jill's power and she can do with it whatever she pleases. Billy is her son! She should just stand by and allow Devon to push Billy out? No!

I am not a Billy fan. I neither like or dislike him but Devon is a different story.
    Last edited by Sumance; May 14, 2024, 02:56 PM.
  • thecourt99
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jun 2008

She's also running a business and she only owns half of it. She owes the owner of the other half notice if she is transitioning power to anyone.

She can do what she pleases...if she is 100% owner. She's not. She needs to deal with the people that she works WITH...and Devon is a part owner and deserved notice.

Comment

• Soapfan54
      Soapfan54 commented
      Editing a comment
      zenmaster5 Hi! Jill wholly owns the Chancellor Manse now, as Kay bequested her half to Jill in her Will.
      Esther was bequested $20K a month, but with the stipulation that she must reside in the Manse and see to its upkeep. Guess she got tired of "maiding."

• zenmaster5
      zenmaster5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you CouchCruisin', I didn't know that was the caveat for Esther....I am sure she doesn't want to continue as the maid.
      I don't remember the scene where Devon and Abby thanked Jill but I am happy you do and that you mentioned it here along with henyvo02 for those who might have thought Devon and Abby were ungrateful....I see no problem with them living there, Chance doesn't want to live there and wanted to make things a little easier on Dominic by having Devon, Abby and Dominic live there so not even he has a problem with it.

• zenmaster5
      zenmaster5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there Soapfan54, even though $20K a month is a lot of money but to have to continue as the maid just doesn't seem fair to me...Esther has been there tending to Chancellor Mansion for so long, why not just give her the $20K every month and room for her many years of service at the Chancellor Mansion.... I think she earned that much!
      LOL!! I think she indeed got tired of "maiding"🤣
  • jpa777
    Soap Addict
    • Feb 2013

ICAM and today’s show was just God Awful. I knew it was gonna be bad from the first two scenes. But back to Devon - please make him along with live in girlfriend baby mama go away.

Comment

• Salter
      Senior Board Member
      • Dec 2016

I still think Dominic is Chance's bio dad and I want that to be revealed

Comment

• jwinks
        jwinks commented
        Editing a comment
        Dom is not old enough to be anyone's dad.

• henyvo02
        henyvo02 commented
        Editing a comment
        There is no way Chance is Dom's bio dad since Dom is part African American it is obvious just looking at him and the actor who plays Dom is part African American

• ShesAllThat
        ShesAllThat commented
        Editing a comment
        exactly henyvo02 which is why he was chosen for the part. people hate devon so much they don't want to have to admit this.
    • Juniors farm
      Senior Board Member
      • Feb 2016

I usually don't like Devon so much but right now i am on his side Jill was so wrong !!!

Comment

• Nightrocker
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Jul 2004

Billy’s Sunshine is going to hurt Devon’s Eyes

Comment

• ShesAllThat
          ShesAllThat commented
          Editing a comment
          LMAO this is the best comment!!!!

• Nightrocker
          Nightrocker commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks ShesAllThat
      • Bella_blu
        Board Regular
        • May 2015

Go Devon!!! Jill was 100% out of pocket and I hope she is made to regret her decision.

Comment

• jwinks
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • May 2008

I came to make a thread about Devon. I've never been a big fan but he's just a jerk. Jill can do whatever she wants. He is way out of line.

Comment

• MrsValentine
            MrsValentine commented
            Editing a comment
            I haven’t liked Devon for a long time. However, Jill is in the wrong in this situation. It’s disrespectful to Devon and Lily to blindside them with her decision to step down and hand her share of the reigns to Billy. It was unprofessional and a shady move. Jill has the right to assign Billy her position but her choice to keep it on the down low is inexcusable. Jmo

• henyvo02
            henyvo02 commented
            Editing a comment
            Sumance Jill would not even have the company if it was not for Devon coming in to help her and give her the money she owes Devon a lot because she would not be where she is without him

• catster
            catster commented
            Editing a comment
            I cant stand devon..he is an arrogant little jerk.

.and him running to his daddy now is pathetic..

he hates daddy any other time...

.not even a billy fan but team billy all the way..
        • jenroj
          Senior Board Member
          • Feb 2022

Juniors farm I like your take. Regardless of whether one likes Devon or not, Jill is clearly wrong in this. I usually like Devon except for his treatment of Tucker, and I'm rooting for him big time in this.
          Wonder what favor Devon is asking of Tucker?

Comment

• Sumance
            Sumance commented
            Editing a comment
            henyvo02 It is your opinion that Jill is in the wrong here. I disagree. I don't care about Jill's past. The discussion is about now and I am team Jill all the way. Devon is an A hole!

• Bella_blu
            Bella_blu commented
            Editing a comment
            henyvo02 you are correct. Jill is clearly in the wrong and shows once again the lack of respect she has for Devon, who is CO-OWNER. How would she had felt if Devon made a similar move with Mamie?

• henyvo02
            henyvo02 commented
            Editing a comment
            Sumance So a characters past is only relevant depending on if you like or dislike a character why is Jill's not relevant when everyone else's is
        • aussiegal87
          Board Regular
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by jenroj View Post
          Juniors farm
          Wonder what favor Devon is asking of Tucker?
          Probably to take over the CW for him. The little spoiled brat can't do anything himself.

Katherine left Devon all the money to buy the company.
          Neil used all his CEO experience, and Stanford degree, to put the company together.
          Now Tucker will steal the company from Billy and give it all to Devon.( I guess they didn't want them to steal it from senior citizen Jill so they are giving it to Billy to lose it.)

Comment

• zenmaster5
            Soap Addict
            • May 2017

I like Devon and I am on his side for sure. Jill doesn't respect Devon from what I have been seeing and she doesn't even consult with him on major decisions with their company... I even today, she could have called a video meeting that included Devon and not only Lily! I think that Devon deserved to hear from Jills mouth why she gave her power to Billy and not put that on Lily to relay to Devon!
            I am really hoping that Devon has wised up and is on his way to talk to Tucker! If Devon is on his way to speak to Tucker, I am so happy he didn't tell Abby that because she would have been against it and Devon caves when it comes to Abby and what Abby wants!

Comment

• heartlady56
              heartlady56 commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't think Devon really deserves respect right now. I don't understand him. He is being written as an angry Brat. If it's not his idea ....it's not any good. So many people have noted that Jill owns half of the company and Devon has half. Jill has every legal right to do with her half what she wants. I guess I am too old school to see the problem in this. It is hers and she can do what she wants with it.

• zenmaster5
              zenmaster5 commented
              Editing a comment
              I respect your opinion heartlady56, you know there are so many times I hate the way they write for Devon especially when it comes to Tucker! I disagree with his decision to forbid Tucker from spending time with Dominic especially seeing how they had a wonderful relationship.... I will never understand why Abby and Devon thought it was okay to take Dominic's grandpa out of his life suddenly like they did.

For me, I feel that if you are business partners in a company such as CW, decisions pertaining to the company should be discussed with your business partners and CEO, I also think even the board should have been in on Jill's decision to give her power to Billy as a courtesy so they won't be blindsided like they were... I agree that Jill has the right to step down and give her power to Billy but it's how she did it is what I have a problem with....Jill didn't respect Devon or even Lily who is the CEO of CW.

I firmly believe that Once Chancellor Industries and Hamilton Winters merged, they became one entity known in the business world as CW, no decisions or power moves should be made without consulting with your business partner....it's common courtesy and the way you conduct business in my opinion. I am far from business savvy but this move by Jill was underhanded...the drama at CW just keeps getting worse.
          • bluejazz
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Aug 2008

I like Devon a whole lot more than Jill and Billy right now.

What has Billy Abbott ever built on his own? He flits from job to job with his romantic interest or family. He's a gambler and an embezzler. He had an affair with his brother's wife.

Jill is an ungrateful toad. Devon lent her the money to buy CI. Billy wouldn't have his second job there in two years if it wasn't for Devon.

Devon worked from the ground up. He started in the mailroom at NE iirc , and he went to college. He's been shown as a hard worker and a skilled negotiator and he built Hamilton Winters and has run it successfully for years now.

Comment

• zenmaster5
              zenmaster5 commented
              Editing a comment
              This is another comment I completely agree with!! Devon certainly isn't being respected in this story...it's time that changes. Billy has a nice resume too, I just really am not liking him in this story at CW...

• henyvo02
              henyvo02 commented
              Editing a comment
              bluejazz i wonder if that is going to come out now about Billy and somehow Tucker is going to find out what he did and how Jack and Phyllis covered it up

• Juniors farm
              Juniors farm commented
              Editing a comment
              bluejazz LMAO at ungrateful toad ! thanks for the laugh ! I do believe that Jill is SOOOOOOOOOOO in the wrong her . She needed to have a sit down with her partners and tell them her decision First . Not a sneaky attack then give Billy a list of all the people he needs to kiss ARSE to get the Jump on Lily and Devon . Billy has done this kind of dirty deeds at Jabot to !
          • Catog
            Recurring Poster
            • Feb 2021

I have never liked Devon except when he was a teen and Neil and Drew adopted him. He has gotten too big for his britches and thinks he's King of the world and everyone else should do as he says. My opinion of him went straight to the dogs after he and Amanda did things under a blind man's nose. Good for Jill! Make him eat dirt.

Comment

• henyvo02
              henyvo02 commented
              Editing a comment
              Do you know all the rotten things Jill has done in her life Devon is an angel compared to her and you might want to look up Billy's past

• catster
              catster commented
              Editing a comment
              exactly how i feel..hes such a dirty hypocrite ..
          • Superfanplus
            Senior Board Member
            • Dec 2021

Originally posted by Salter View Post
            I still think Dominic is Chance's bio dad and I want that to be revealed
            Devon was the donor; impossible…So there goes your theory

Comment

• henyvo02
              henyvo02 commented
              Editing a comment
              Plus Dom is half African American

• Juniors farm
              Juniors farm commented
              Editing a comment
              henyvo02 So True so i don't think that Chance is going to be the Bio dad . And that don't matter any way Chance is the daddy because him and Abby were married so that means that the child's name no many how many there is its on the original birth certificate Dom does indeed have 2 dads but Devon is the bio dad .
          • aussiegal87
            Board Regular
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by bluejazz View Post

What has Billy Abbott ever built on his own? He flits from job to job with his romantic interest or family. He's a gambler and an embezzler. He had an affair with his brother's wife..

What has Devon ever built on his own? Without Kay's 2.4 billion and Neil's help he'd have as much as Billy.
            (Billy is only taking over for Jill at Chancellor she didn't give him everything she owns)

Devon slept with his own father's wife while he was blind! Then took her for himself.

Originally posted by bluejazz View Post
            Devon worked from the ground up. He started in the mailroom at NE iirc , and he went to college. He's been shown as a hard worker and a skilled negotiator and he built Hamilton Winters and has run it successfully for years now.
            Starting with 2.4 billion isn't really from the ground up. John Abbott and Victor Newman built their companies from the ground up, all by themselves

Billy went was a business major at Genoa City University too, that's not really a big deal. Lot's of characters went to the local college.

Billy started very young in the business. He was part of the very successful "Glo by Jabot" campaign as a teen.
            He also worked in the mailroom..... at Jabot.

Billy's spent his whole life in all types of business endeavors and positions. With all his experience it could pay off one day. He just needs a different writer

-COO of Chancellor division of Chancellor-Winters under CEO Lily

-Does podcast “The Grinning Soul”

-Co-leader partner of Chancellor Communications, (ChancComm) with Lily Winters

-Mergers and acquisitions consultant for Magruder International, Chicago

-Co-CEO of Jabot Cosmetics with Kyle

-Marketing executive at Jabot Cosmetics

-CEO of Jabot Cosmetics

- Co-CEO of Chancellor Industries with Cane

-Executive at Brash & Sassy while solely owned by Victoria

-Co-CEO of Chancellor Brash & Sassy division with Cane and Victoria

-Owner of Brash & Sassy

-Vice president of research and development at Jabot Cosmetics

-Vice president of research and development at Newman-Abbott

-Vice president of marketing at Jabot Cosmetics

-Jabot board member

-Temporarily headed Jabot Face of Fashion in Neil's absence

-Head of research and development at Jabot Cosmetics

-Owner of On the Boulevard restaurant

-Director of "The Delia Project"

-Briefly executive at Jabot Cosmetics

-Briefly Co-CEO of Newman Enterprises

-Briefly worked for Jack as an executive at Newman Enterprises

-Owner/editor of Restless Style magazine/webzine/TV gossip show

-Co-CEO of Jabot Cosmetics

-Jabot director of Marketing

- NVP/Jabot liaison for House of Kim, Hong Kong

Comment

• zenmaster5
              zenmaster5 commented
              Editing a comment
              I am a Billy fan even though I don't like the problems he is causing since he started working at CW, but in saying that Soapfan54, you had me laughing my behind off over here when I read your comment and this line right here: "Billy has nothing, is nothing, and if he didn't have the Abbott name, he'd be working at a convenience store and stealing them blind by selling their merch outta the back door to cover his gambling debts." I was picturing Billy doing just that oh my gosh too funny!!

• henyvo02
              henyvo02 commented
              Editing a comment
              Soapfan54 Great post you really made laugh and you are so right about Billy

• Soapfan54
              Soapfan54 commented
              Editing a comment
              zenmaster5 henyvo02 Thanks guys! 😊 Glad to have brought some humor to your day!

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
          Working...
          X