• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casefan
    Day Player
    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Sumance View Post
    I have never liked him. Therefore, I am team Jill and Billy on this one. It's Jill's power and she can do with it whatever she pleases. Billy is her son! She should just stand by and allow Devon to push Billy out? No!

I am not a Billy fan. I neither like or dislike him but Devon is a different story.
    Devon needs to climb down off his high horse!!! I hope what ever he's planning as far as Billy blows up in his face and damages the company big!!!

Comment

• henyvo02
      henyvo02 commented
      Editing a comment
      If anyone is going to damage the company it is going to be Billy he is a well known screw up who has never succeeded at anything
  • RedheadTeacher
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by bluejazz View Post
    I like Devon a whole lot more than Jill and Billy right now.

What has Billy Abbott ever built on his own? He flits from job to job with his romantic interest or family. He's a gambler and an embezzler. He had an affair with his brother's wife.

Jill is an ungrateful toad. Devon lent her the money to buy CI. Billy wouldn't have his second job there in two years if it wasn't for Devon.

Devon worked from the ground up. He started in the mailroom at NE iirc , and he went to college. He's been shown as a hard worker and a skilled negotiator and he built Hamilton Winters and has run it successfully for years now.
    I agree.

It's bad enough that Jill has treated Devon as an underling instead of an equal partner, but her betrayal of Lily is unwarranted and just mean. Lily stood with Jill against Devon in the whole IPO debacle, to the point of compromising her relationship with her brother. She just recently voted against Devon's proposal to have Nate join the Board. She's been fully loyal to Jill's interests, and now Jill is demoting her to having only whatever power Devon shares with her.

Comment

• CincyLady
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Sep 2005

I have always disliked Devon. He's never pleasant - he has a really negative attitude - and I don't like that he insisted on being Dominic's "other" daddy.

Comment

• CouchCruisin'
        Scriptwriter
        • May 2014

#TEAM💥DEVON!

Jill is wrong. Period. Billy being there, acting like he owns the place has caused nothing bit contention from the start.
        This latest stunt is over the top, and I am willing to bet, illegal.
        How in heck did Jill just appoint Billy her power through a text message?
        That would require paperwork and signatures, and most importantly, making the co-owner AWARE.

Billy wants to be able to tell them all what to do. Before he was granted his seat on the throne, he was already
        speaking of trying to relegate Devon to the music department of his own company.
        Billy and Jill are ridiculous.

Comment

• zenmaster5
          zenmaster5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Team Devon too!!!
          You don't treat business partners like the way Jill is treating Devon. It was an underhanded move by Jill who has never shown Devon any respect in my opinion.

It bothers me how Jill is acting because she is operating as though she's the sole owner and if she wants to be the sole owner why didn't she just unwind the merger and let Devon take his company back! Chancellor Industries could have been given to Billy to run into the ground since she wants to give her power away. I don't like that she is putting Hamilton Winters at risk of going under now that Billy is steering the ship for her. Jill surprises me because of her sudden change of heart when it comes to Billy! She didn't even want him as CEO at CI but now she is trusting him with this move....smh

• CouchCruisin'
          CouchCruisin' commented
          Editing a comment
          I absolutely agree with you both!
          Jill acting like she is sole owner has always been my issue with her.
          She doesn't have controlling interest anymore, and she is anything but humble, after Devon gave her money
          to buy the company that Katherine didn't leave to her.

I wish Victor had either kept Chancellor, or that Devon had not listened to his silly sister when she asked that he merge.
          Either of those options would suffice.

It is very weird that Jill seems to have suddenly forgotten what a huge risk she is taking by giving 'unstable' Billy her power.

While performing as a place-holder, he was bitching about not being included in meetings and such.
          Jill gives him her power, so he runs off to meet with other offices to let them know about the 'shift in power', but he said nothing to anyone.
          That goes both ways!
          And his remark to Lily in the text about Devon, 'putting the gloves back on', what the hell is that supposed to mean?
          It sounds to me like he is drawing battle lines and he wants to fight with Devon.

• zenmaster5
          zenmaster5 commented
          Editing a comment
          CouchCruisin', it indeed sounds like Billy wants to go toe to toe with Devon because I think Billy thinks he can smoke Devon in business! When I saw Billy cozying up to Phyllis, Daniel and Heather that day and taking Daniel's side, he was rallying up allies then in his fight against Devon and even Lily because he certainly didn't have Lily's back in this at all. I wonder now if Billy has the power to reinstate Daniel?

I was asking on this board about Phyllis and what she knew about CW and the changes that were getting ready to happen there and I really believe she and Billy have been in cahoots this whole time.... she was just overly confident that she knew what was about to go down and I truly believe this is it possibly.

If only Devon had followed his instincts and gut back then instead of allowing Lily to convince him to merge, none of this would be happening. Devon wasn't on board at first and I was hoping he wouldn't bite but he did and now the fallout! Jill screwed both Lily and Devon because they mistakenly thought they could trust her and that she would never screw them over, it's an even harder lesson for Lily to learn since she had been Jill's biggest supporter!

This is war! Jill started it by being underhanded so now I hope Devon ends it by triumphant over his opponents claiming the victory and taking his company back leaving CI hanging by a thin thread that they will be begging for someone to help them out!
      • QueenD
        Day Player
        • Oct 2023

Question(?): How did Jill know Billy and Devon were at odds when she's never around? Has she ever spoken to Devon, 1:1 about the situation?...or did Billy go crying to Jill, "Mommy Devon won't play nice with me, he's being mean". Jill: "Don't worry baby, mommy will take care of this". Hence, giving Billy all of her decision making power to force Devon to play nice. Shrug

Comment

• QueenD
          QueenD commented
          Editing a comment
          Hiccups If Billy can go running to mommy about adding Abbott to the name of the company, it's pretty safe to say he went running to mommy about Devon. He didn't get his way then, so he moved on to plan B. Billy had no intentions of giving up his little power when Lily returned, he didn't like that he would be under Devon, so he cries to mommy about Devon. Jill has the right to give her power of authority to Billy if she chooses, but she knew Lily and Devon would have been against it. Seeing the the company is half Devon's and Lily is CEO, Jill was 100% wrong for making that decision behind Lily and Devon's back. Unlike Billy, Devon isn't know to be a failure or has been fired or has quit his many jobs. Billy always runs between Jabot or Chancellor's always trying to find himself only to turn around and screw things up. I say let him have at it... he's already on his power trip, so it will be a matter of time before he screws up again.

• QueenD
          QueenD commented
          Editing a comment
          zenmaster5 Amanda still holds resentment toward Devon for sleeping with Abby, so of course she went to Jill making it seems as if Devon was the problem. Jill should have had a 1:1 with Devon instead of believing Amanda and siding with Billy Boy.

• zenmaster5
          zenmaster5 commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree QueenD, Jill should have met with Devon to hear his side of things before just accepting Amanda at her word!
          I forgot about what Devon did to Amanda...because of that betrayal, Amanda was the wrong person to bring in when it came to Devon because you are right, Amanda still holds resentments towards Devon and couldn't be impartial here.
      • xoregonian
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Feb 2014

Devon has been really calm lately and the voice of reason mostly. I don't get the disdain for him lately. I guess it may be layover from the Dom situation which I did not like at all. But in business lately, Devon has kept a level head imo.

Comment

• Black05Hemi
          Black05Hemi commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed, but I think it's about to end...

• zenmaster5
          zenmaster5 commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree with you....I am reading so many comments about how so many don't like him and I'm not understanding why...
          I also didn't like Devon through the whole Dominic story and I still don't like how he treats Tucker but it doesn't make me hate the guy....he has kept a level head in business as you stated, but I also believe that's about to change....I think Devon has taken all he's going to take from Jill and Billy.
      • Emrys
        Day Player
        • Apr 2024

Devon is disgusting. I hope he loses it all.

Comment

• henyvo02
          henyvo02 commented
          Editing a comment
          Emrys You are saying not just that you dislike Devon but that he is disgusting and want him to lose well you must have reasons as to why he is disgusting things he has done you find disgusting and are so bad that he should lose it is not simplistic thinking to look at the big picture and look at all the characters not just Devon and if Devon loses in this he loses to Billy and to Jill so you are siding with them so you want Billy to win you want jill to win you can not have it both ways if you pick Devon to lose you pick Jill and Billy to win so you are on their side that is pretty simple

• CouchCruisin'
          CouchCruisin' commented
          Editing a comment
          What the hell.. 😒
          Whatever.
          I just decided that I will let that, 'simplistic thinking' dig slide.
          You have it covered Henyvo. Thanks.

• Emrys
          Emrys commented
          Editing a comment
          henyvo02 I don't want to beat a dead horse since several others have pointed out his failings. Devon is so righteous acting like he was in the trenches working his butt off building his empire when he is the very one that had a free handout (billions) and was given every opportunity to rise from his humble beginnings. His smug condescending attitude blaming other people and trying to ruin others lives is a pattern he continues to repeat. He's a loser plain and simple. He's so tender all up in his feelings every time he gets little booboo and talking all that smack is just ridiculous looking at that little runt like he can step to anyone. He's a joke.
      • Penelope P
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Sumance View Post
        I have never liked him. Therefore, I am team Jill and Billy on this one. It's Jill's power and she can do with it whatever she pleases. Billy is her son! She should just stand by and allow Devon to push Billy out? No!

I am not a Billy fan. I neither like or dislike him but Devon is a different story.
        I share your feelings 100%

Comment

• Dlee72
          Board Regular
          • Nov 2013

Agree …absolutely nothing likeable about Devon.Such a smug arrogant character.

Comment

• henyvo02
            henyvo02 commented
            Editing a comment
            Why is it okay for Victor and Jack and even Kyle to be smug and arrogant but only Devon gets called out for it

• Dlee72
            Dlee72 commented
            Editing a comment
            I think all of those you mentioned get called out for it. Especially Jack and Kyle..I don’t like Jack or Kyle either for tje same reasons..that and because they are a couple of dummies.
            Victor is smug and gets called out but he at least knows that he is a ruthless arrogant jerk and he owns who he is but Devon thinks of himself as a riotous do no wrong ..struts around like he’s perfect.

• catster
            catster commented
            Editing a comment
            this thread is about devon tho..
        • Tonilove
          Contract Poster
          • Jul 2006

If it's a question of which character I like more between Jill and Devon, that easy. I will choose Jill every day and twice on Sunday. I think she is a hoot to watch, while Devon can be a bit of a stick in the mud at times.

If it's a question of who do I back in the latest conflict, I am 100% team Devon. Jill is acting unilaterally when she is in a partnership and that an A-hole move. Right is right and wrong is wrong, no matter who I like more.

Lily is my favorite character, but I think she was wrong to fire Daniel and Heather, (though I don't think she is wrong to want to keep Omegashere.) Liking a character more doesn't mean I back them up when they are wrong.
          Last edited by Tonilove; May 15, 2024, 08:09 AM.

Comment

• henyvo02
            henyvo02 commented
            Editing a comment
            I know what you mean about Jill she has been fun to watch in the past she takes mean and nasty to another level and if people would put there dislikes aside and look at it from a totally unbiased point of view then it is obvious that Jill is wrong and I do not think she knows everything Billy has been up to

• CouchCruisin'
            CouchCruisin' commented
            Editing a comment
            Jill used to be funny to watch, but now, she isn't on long enough for anyone to understand what her end goal might be.
            Her latest move was ridiculous and makes absolutely no sense, considering her distrust of Billy being so prominent, that she didn't
            trust him to be CEO alone.
            When Billy screws up, that will reflect on the company as a whole. Jill will be nowhere around to suffer the fall out.
        • Nightrocker
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Jul 2004

The Lion Disliked Him Too

Comment

• Nightrocker
            Nightrocker commented
            Editing a comment
            The Lion Devon couldn’t Hear

• Nightrocker
            Nightrocker commented
            Editing a comment
            # Team Lion

• CouchCruisin'
            CouchCruisin' commented
            Editing a comment
            The family, Neil, Dru, Lily and Devon, filmed scenes with a lion. Bryton spoke about how afraid he was in an article.
        • silkdog
          Senior Board Member
          • Jan 2013

I don't know why did Tucker take so many insults from Devon. I know Tucker is no saint, neither does Devon.

Comment

• CouchCruisin'
            CouchCruisin' commented
            Editing a comment
            Because Tucker knows that Devon's animus comes from Tucker lying to him.
            I wish they would move past this!
        • Perkygirl
          Day Player
          • Jan 2017

I feel exactly the same. He has gotten worse and worse over the years. He's obnoxious and self centered. He's narcissistic and cares only about what he wants and no one else. Why his dismissive attitude is not obvious to everyone else is beyond me.

Comment

• catster
            catster commented
            Editing a comment
            this is the perfect description of this snot nosed jerk..
        • Frank52
          Board Regular
          • Oct 2013

Originally posted by silkdog View Post
          I don't know why did Tucker take so many insults from Devon. I know Tucker is no saint, neither does Devon.
          I know, Tucker should have just left. Devon acted like he was doing Tucker a favor, just talking to him. He was awfully rude for someone asking someone else for a favor. I wish Tucker would stop letting everybody else dump on him. They all talk about big bad Tucker, but he acts like a spineless jellyfish. I wish he'd start standing up for himself.

Comment

• CloverLeaf
            CloverLeaf commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree. Devon was incredibly rude to Tucker today. I thought Devon would be civil to him given that he wanted a favor but he as much as said to Tucker, "I still hate you but I want to ask you something." He wanted Tucker to be civil to him but he was unwilling to be civil back. Devon needs a time out AND there's no dessert for him tonight!
        • NolaAnn
          Contract Poster
          • Jul 2011

What is there to like about Devon. Really, what is it. How he had an affair with his blind Fathers wife? How he cheated on Amanda with Abby? How he pretended to be a sperm donor for Abby's baby then turned around and staked his claim as the child's father? And I'm sure there's other instances where he's been deplorable. I intensely dislike him as well. He sucks!

Comment

• CloverLeaf
            CloverLeaf commented
            Editing a comment
            Dont forget how he campaigned to have Lily sent to jail. He wanted her to get 20 yrs.

• MsMalin
            MsMalin commented
            Editing a comment
            You pretty much summed it up perfectly Nola.

• catster
            catster commented
            Editing a comment
            lol i don't see anything appealing about him whatsoever,,, never liked him..id like to see someone punch him in the yap.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
        Working...
        X