Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

No customers at Crimson Lights or Society except GC characters?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • karin2337
    Soap Addict
    • Feb 2008

No customers at Crimson Lights or Society except GC characters?

It's kind of strange, that the only patrons of the restaurants are the soap characters. Even Noah's new place is hardly ever shown.. The bartenders at Society never speak to anyone, or the waitress at Crimson Lights, except for Sharon. I know the budget is tight on soaps, but it seems a little un-natural that no one even takes an order or says ....HELLO, What can I get you?
  • Mermaid777
    Senior Board Member
    • Dec 2014

I’m fine with it. It’s kinda cozy just mainly seeing the soap characters at CL especially. If a speaking extra was there, I think it would be kinda weird at this point for me. I’d be like Where’s Sharon? Or something. She talks to everyone, takes orders, etc.

Comment

• CloverLeaf
      CloverLeaf commented
      Editing a comment
      I think, if an actor speaks, they have to get more money so that's a definite no on Y&R's apparent bare bones budget.
  • zenmaster5
    Soap Addict
    • May 2017

For awhile they were showing other customers besides the soap characters... I wonder what changed. I thought it brought realism to the scenes seeing other customers at these establishments.

Comment

• Jupiter Jane
      Jupiter Jane commented
      Editing a comment
      Covid19 is what changed
  • RedheadTeacher
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Feb 2006

I thought it was hysterical that Nick and Victoria met at Society on Valentines Day and mentioned how they had gone all out with decorating for the holiday, yet there were no other customers there.

I don't pay close enough attention, but maybe there are others who do. I wonder if they use the same actors as wait staff at Society as they do for Crimson Lights and Noah's club.

Comment

• Scandal
      Board Regular
      • May 2013

Maybe Lola's cooking was the big attraction at Society and since she's gone nobody wants to eat there anymore.

Comment

• Emerald Greens
        Emerald Greens commented
        Editing a comment
        I know I wouldn't go there without her cooking! That was the big attraction.
    • Shoelover
      Contract Poster
      • Dec 2017

I've mentioned the lack of extras in CL and Society in other threads. It's kinda funny that the characters talk about CL having the best coffee in town, but if so, we're lucky if we see five people in there on the regular. And those are the main characters. They used to show at least one or two at CL every now and then, but now, no extras. However, they do show one or two help staff wiping down the tables at CL on the regular. Guess it's to clean up after those people we don't see onscreen. 😀. Same with Society. But we do see an extra in Society every now and then. And yes, extras have to be paid, but hey why not just have the same two or three extras frequenting CL & Society every now and then. Is it REALLY that expensive??
      Last edited by Shoelover; March 11, 2023, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• Angeldar
        Soap Addict
        • Aug 2011

That stuff doesn't bother me. I focus on the characters and what they are doing. I would rather they came up with some better dialogue, and faster and better storylines and maybe even put some of the sets back like the Chancellor mansion and Sharon's cottage.

Comment

• TeaRose
          Day Player
          • Jan 2023

And only GC residents stay at the GP.

Comment

• littleliz
            I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
            • Nov 2016

They used to have fillers sitting around but no more.
            I agree only soap characters in coffee house. Sharon
            not making any money. Even at Society only actors
            in story scenes. Guess their budget lower.

Last edited by littleliz; March 11, 2023, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• Moon Melody
              Newcomer
              • Oct 2022

I assumed it was to show that they are drinking during odd hours.

Comment

• Arckangel
                Board Regular
                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Shoelover View Post
                I've mentioned the lack of extras in CL and Society in other threads. It's kinda funny that the characters talk about CL having the best coffee in town, but if so, we're lucky if we see five people in there on the regular. And those are the main characters. They used to show at least one or two at CL every now and then, but now, no extras. However, they do show one or two help staff wiping down the tables at CL on the regular. Guess it's to clean up after those people we don't see onscreen. 😀. Same with Society. But we do see an extra in Society every now and then. And yes, extras have to be paid, but hey why not just have the same two or three extras frequenting CL & Society every now and then. Is it REALLY that expensive??
                I've done a lot of background (extra) work over the years in Canada, and if it's well paid for what we have to do (esp. w/ union membership—long hours double or triple the pay), it's not paid all that much! It starts from around $15 USD per hour, and extras are usually paid eight hours minimum even if only needed for a few hours. Extras may receive extra payment if required to report to costume fittings or health tests. Stunt doubles, body doubles, stand-ins and special skills extras are paid more. If required to speak, extras may get an upgrade (a credited role and a bigger paycheque). Add to that free drinks and food. All in all, it's well paid for the task, but nothing that would make one rich. By cutting on extras, the Y&R, a year-long production, is probably saving up to $40,000 USD per year.
                Last edited by Arckangel; March 13, 2023, 04:06 AM.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X